The Crummy Pubic Bone Club :) (or, if My Publc Bone Were A Cereal....) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If my pubic bone were a cereal, it would either be Rice Krispies or Cap'n Crunch. Snap, crackle, POP! What fun!! ANybody else want to hang out in the Crummy Pubic Bone Club with me? I know there are lots of funky bones in this DDC! (hey, that's kinda catchy: Snap, Crackle, Pubic Bone! Oh gosh I need sleep!) Getting tired of standing up to type....Good thing I type fast!

Namaste, Tara
#2 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 08:37 AM

I'll have the Pubic Bone Crunch cereal with a side of sciatica pain, please.

I'm OK sitting down or standing up -- it's the transition between the two that I have trouble with. Oh, and walking. Walking is a bitch.

Is this what it's like to be 90 years old?

~nick
#3 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 04:33 PM

Is there a cereal named "Constant Dull Ache" ? That would be my cereal!
#4 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 04:34 PM

And I agree ~ sitting is fine for me too it's anything else that is the problem!
#5 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 06:55 PM

I have the opposite problem....I can stand all day long, but I can't sit for more than 60 seconds before that damn pubic bone starts to throb! It was a real bummer on my 4 hour round-trip drive to see the midwife this morning
#6 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I'm OK sitting down or standing up -- it's the transition between the two that I have trouble with. Oh, and walking. Walking is a bitch.
What you said, VikingKvinna. Oy. I'm fine as long as I don't move at all. Which makes the 5 trips to the bathroom to pee every night so much fun.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#7 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 PM

I'm right there with you ladies. I can't believe this pubic symphysis pain. It's mostly right when I start walking after sitting or sleeping. If I am sitting, or walking I'm okay, I just have to keep doing one or the other.

I'm feeling anxious about symphysis separation, but know I don't have alot of say in the matter. I did some research on the web, and it seems like a recent study showed equal results between exercise, and wearing support belts. Unfortunately the exercises they suggested not to do were squatting positions, walking as exercise, and/or sitting cross legged -which is pretty much the only three things that feel good, and that I do everyday! I have been feeling like my squatting practice is so good for labor (I really don't do it very much, maybe twice a week), but could this be my problem?

Any input?

Thanks for feeling miserable with me, now I don't feel like such an old lady...
-KB
#8 of 11 Old 12-20-2005, 11:22 PM

My big problem area is the S-I joint at the back of my pelvis. It won't stay aligned. So the walking, sitting, rolling over, etc. is pretty painful. I have a support belt that literally cinches everything back together and makes it bearable to walk short distances and stand for short periods.

Exercises that have been okay for me include squatting, lying on my back and sliding one leg at a time up into a bent knee position and doing calf stretches. I'm also doing the hands and knees posture where I try to arch my back - in yoga I think it's called the cat. Lunges are really painful, sideways leg lifts are completely out of the question, too.

For labour, I've already talked to my midwife and we're going to try for a hands and knees delivery as that will be easiest on my pelvis. She says the two best positions are squatting and hands-and-knees.

For any of you moms who are suffering with pelvic problems, try to avoid any position that puts you on your tailbone. That'd be reclined or semi-reclined. Especially with knees up and feet in stirrups or supported by assistants. These positions apparently cause the pelvis to squish a bit and narrow the opening the baby can pass through.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#9 of 11 Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 AM

Is there one called "I hate rolling over in bed?" That's when I feel it the most! I have a chrio appt. today! Yippee!!!
#10 of 11 Old 12-22-2005, 12:49 AM

You know I had this severely from month 5 through to the end of month 8. Now in month 9 it's almost gone away! Or maybe I just ache so much across the lower back that I don't notice it anymore.

In any case, I feel for you all. It sucks.

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
#11 of 11 Old 12-28-2005, 01:21 PM

Well, I get to join this thread now, as the last two days my pubic bone has ached like a son of a gun!!! Especially on the left side, and it doesn't get better when I lie or sit, in fact it hurts worse when I lie on my right side!!! Weird! I hope this means the end is near!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page