Bladder Infection= False Labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And that is what was making me think I was in labor!!! Apparently a bladder infection can trigger contractions, so I was having contractions, but only because I am sick!!!!! Good grief! Well, I'm on Macrobid now and hopefully this will clear up fast. I had 3 bladder infections when I was pregnant with Gracie, and one of those ended up in my kidneys, which was really awful, so hopefully we caught this fast enough.

Wow, pregnancy can be so fun!!!
#2 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 04:11 PM

Good grief Alice, I hope you get some relief from infection and some regular contractions.
#3 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Gezz girl-that's no fun. Been there done that too. Every time I have "false labor" I get a urine culture just to make sure it's not an infection. So far so good...I hope you recover fast.Have you had your strep test too and do you know if macrobid would be fine to get rid of a group b strep? Just curious.
Try and probiotic so you'll be cleansed when baby finally does come.
It must be a real drag to find out it's your bladder and not labor!! You're so close and you just want it to be over : I'm sorry...

Angela

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#4 of 7 Old 12-20-2005, 04:36 PM

What a bummer!! Hopefully the infection clears up soon and REAL labor starts!!!
#5 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the kind words!! Unfortunately the infection did move to my right kidney this afternoon, but the doctor said that the antibiotic I am on will clear it up, so I just have to wait it out. I guess it's good practice for focusing through the pain of labor!! Hopefully I will be feeling better by tomorrow after sleeping and having more antibiotics. I also bought some cranberry pills so I can take concentrated doses of that. If I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't even be on the antibiotic, but the last thing I need to do is arrive at the hospital in real labor with an infection!! It would be just one more reason for them to give me a hard time. : Anyway, hopefully my next "labor" post will be the real thing, not just some silly infection!

Angela- I tested neg. for Strep B, so I am not sure if this would work for it or not.
#6 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 01:22 AM

That really sucks....here's hoping to a quick recovery and that next time it's the "real deal!"
#7 of 7 Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 AM

Sorry it wasn't the start of labour...but glad they caught the infection before labour started.
I was just talking to my Mother yesterday and she had been reading in her homopathic's book that if labour is stopping and starting, really all over the place to take one dose of Pulsatilla 200CH every two hours until it either stops or starts, then take no more.
Maybe something to keep in mind for next time...I know I am anxious to get this show on the road once we are past the stroke of midnight on Dec 31st.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page