Freaking OUT! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2005, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
SMR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!
I'm 39 weeks today.. and all along, I've figured the baby would come 'late' like the first week of January. So this morning I woke up and had some brown tinged mucus.. then for the rest of the morning whenever I wipe it's pink!! So, I recall my grandma JUST telling me how she had bloody show and within 24 hours a baby! My books call it pre labor (not even 'false labor'). I'm also getting really mild contractions (i think at least) - but decided to come to my last day of work anyway.. but I'm totally freaking! I really wanted the baby to come after xmas - the chances are increasing for her to be born ON xmas! I also figured I'd have a good week to lounge around relaxing, packing our hospital bags, doing laundry, dishes and just getting stuff ready.. now I feel like all is lost!! an to top it off, I'm feeling increasingly nervous about the whole birth prospect! I've been doing hypnobabies.. so the affirmations on the way to work seemed to help - but I feel so NOT READY for this yet!!! Of course then there is the other hand where I can't wait to meet my darling little baby!!! So, anyone out there - how long did you have bloody show before giving birth??

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2005, 12:17 PM

My SO's cousin said that she woke up in the morning with bloody show, and ended up birthing later that night. So, you might be well on your way!!

Just remember-no baby is ever born early or late-every baby is born right on time. Right when they are supposed to be born.

Good luck, mama! And easy birthing vibes to ya!!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:04 PM

I never had bloody show without a baby soon after! Good luck and can't wait to hear what happens!
Kathy

momma to 4!
Old 12-22-2005, 07:45 PM

I haven't had it with either of my boys and don't have it yet. Keep us posted!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter
SMR

Well, I'm still hanging out! I'm not having contractions as regularly now - they got to 6 minutes apart and now i'm not sure what they are cause I took a nap. These 'contractions' were VERY mild.. not painful at all... just a bit uncomfortable. The bloody show stopped for a bit too.. but after the nap it was back! I guess it's just a waiting game for right now!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
Old 12-22-2005, 11:51 PM

I had bloody show, and 3 days later my DS was born.

Can't wait to find out if this is it for you!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:23 AM

I had bloody show for a day last Wednesday. It was the day I lost my plug and this happened after sex.

Still no babe...

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
Old 12-23-2005, 11:36 AM

I had bloody show for 3 weeks before Luka was born Wednesday. So you might make it to January after all! The night before he was born it just kept coming and coming, though, along with cramping (not even contractions).

User Tag List