OB visit today- got the go-ahead to have this baby!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-22-2005, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I had a visit today, had to do another NST. Why do they think that is an accurate way of measuring the baby's health?? I could do kick counts daily that would indicate a lot better how often and strongly he moves around. Anyway....... of course he is fine, and so am I. I didn't have my cervix checked because I don't want to be disappointed. But, the doctor did say that she would like me to go ahead and try some things to get things going, ie. sex, castor oil, etc........ I told her we tried sex last weekend to no avail!! She said go ahead and try somemore!! She also didn't mention anything about inducing or a c/s which made me very happy. So, with the OB's "blessing" I am going to try some castor oil tomorrow and see if we can't have this baby for Christmas. My ultrasound is scheduled for next Tuesday, and I would love to not have to go to it!!! So, here we go again in round two of "Let's have a baby"......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-22-2005, 09:35 PM

Good Luck mama!!!!!! I did the castor oil last time with my DD ~ make sure to take only 2 oz at a time so not to be one of those horror stories!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!!
#3 of 3 Old 12-23-2005, 07:15 PM

heh. Yesterday my MIL suggested to my DH to get me some castor oil. I can't remmeber exactly how much she said to take but I was like "Um...NO" because it was a lot! My DH didn't think it sounded like fun anyway. I wish I could have been there to hear him ask his mom "Doesn't that stuff give you the squirts though?" He cracks me up. Anyway, happy castor oiling mama! Here's to a great birth for you (you are truly the reason I keep sitting at this computer, btw! See, I'm having all these contractions FOR YOU!!)

Namaste, Tara

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page