Weekly Check-In! Week of January 1st -- January 7th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're gettin down to the wire mamas! Check-in, let us know how you're doing, and smile for Ana, she's just dying for me to post this Somebody's on my bladder, gotta jet...c'mon and say hello ladies!!

Namaste, Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 AM

41 weeks. 5-7 days past due. No sign of baby. Birth tub is up, water has been filled twice. Temp is at 100 degrees and just waiting. Everything is ready. Birth kit is set up. We just need a baby!
Contractions, backache and much pelvic pain tonight, but I'm not taking that to mean a thing! I've got a midwife apmt Tuesday. I guess I'm just hanging out waiting!
#3 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 01:15 AM

Still due 1/7 here. Lots of BH, loose BMs, pressure, little nausea... Lots of signs and a birth tub but no baby(and no idea when one will be here). My next appt is Tues. too. I think I'll throw a party on my due date just to tempt fate

DS was a week late so we'll see what happens this time.
Happy new year everyone!
#4 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 01:26 AM

Yay! A new update thread!

I am still pregnant, obviously. (as I have nothing else to do but read these forums) LOTS of painful BH contractions the past few days. Tonight they were pretty consistant and about 10 minutes apart for about 3 hours. I got my hopes up a tiny bit, but they've subsided again. No show, but I'm not really expecting one as I've never seen it before. Loose BM's aplenty though. (the Chinese food didn't help I'm sure!)

It hurts to walk. The insides of my thighs near my groin are so painful. A few times as I was getting up *again* to get something or do something for the kids today, I was in so much pain walking that I wondered if "this was it." Yup. I'm ready for this baby. The carseat is installed. The clothes are washed and put away. The bags are even packed! AND I bought an extra camera battery already!! All thats left is the baby.

My next OB appointment is Wednesday.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#5 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 02:03 AM

Wow, things are really getting down to the wire around here! I'm just 37 weeks so I've still got a little while to go, which is a good thing considering the nasty head cold I've caught. We've got just about everything prepared....birth kit is put together, I've got all my post-partum supplies, etc, etc, so now all we need is the baby! Dh still needs to install the car seat and we're planning on trying out the birth pool tomorrow to make sure there aren't any leaks. I've had a ton of BH ctx's every time I lay down for the last week or so, but they never progress to anything more serious, so I'm just biding my time. Next midwife appointment is tomorrow.
#6 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 02:44 AM

36 wks 2 days...

NOTHING is happening. No dropping, no BH ctx, NOTHING.

I'm not really bummed, I just wish SOMETHING, even little something, would happen so I feel like I'm heading somewhere.

Oh well, I guess I'll go chill out and read a book or something.

Messianic mama to 3 boys, C (4 yrs), E (22 mths), B (newborn)
#7 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

38 weeks today! I've done it three times...yippee!! Everybody in my family goes to no more than 36 weeks, so I'm feelin' pretty stoked Baby has dropped even more, you can see it, it's kind of neat. My pubic bone was mailed straight from the bowels of hell, I have decided. My inner thighs are none to happy either. I had ctx all day Friday and yesterday too. Today, pressure and irregular ctx and tons of pubic bone unhappiness. If I'm still pregnant this time next week, I'll throw a party of some sort Midwife appointment on Wednesday, taking bets as to whether or not I'll still be pregnant then

My toddler absolutely adores the waterbirth video we have. He asks to "watch babies" quite a bit and choses watching it over cartoons and other things. He watched tonight from my lap while holding my boobs and kissing my belly. Both boys got in the tub with me earlier, I even got my oldest to take pictures of me in it (which aren't terribly flattering, but at least I can show some friends online what the thing looks like). I have another basekt of clothes to wash and I need to finish re-cleaning the house from last nights festivities. I finally got a pan to bake my after-birthing meal so I can do that now too. I ordered some CDs, music fo the birth itself and for immediately afterwards and I'm so hoping they make it in time. ONe is froma guy who I doubt will send me any kind of shipping confirmation or anything, the other is from Amazon and it said the estimated ship date is the 7th (!!!). I'm thinking about editing the order and paying for overnight shipping, but i don't know how much it costs. I'd really like my music here though, ya know?

All is well here. No signs of snow, coincidentally. Ihear its supposed to snow Wednesday and Thursday, though nothing signifigant. I hear its supposed to storm tomorrow and I know that barometric pressure drops like that can bring on labor. I have a feeling I have a couple more days, I think this baby wants to hang out until my next midwife visit I ifinally broke out my Birthing From Within book, which I nearly forgot I had, so I'm reading random bits from it. Oh, did I mention my one swollen foot? Just one. It's funky, happened last time. Today I've been propping it up and laying around all day, still swollen *shrug* And on that note, I think I'm gonna go do some dishes or sleep or something. Baby keeps wiggling its head around, which is kind of amusing

Namaste, Tara
#8 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 03:28 AM

39w3d...cranky, sore (What's up with the inner thigh thing? Mine isn't muscles or pelvis, but I get random shooting pains on one side or another. I figured it was baby bumping a nerve or something, but they happen a lot more often now.), tired & not at all motivated.

It's now cedar season and my allergies are AWFUL, too.

The day-to-day living is okay, and I'm really not miserable. I'm just all grumpy. Yay, hormones!

I was excited for a couple days earlier this week when I had a ton of BH and cramping & backache, but it's pretty much tapered off and I'm back to thinking I still have a couple weeks to go.
#9 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 03:34 AM
AAK

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I am only 37 weeks too and although I have gone late with my other two, I keep thinking I am bound for early delivery this time around. Well, a girl can dream can't she. Midwife does home visit on Wed. she is bringing me the tub and some birth tincture. Baby was LOA but has shifted and I think she is flat out OA now. That is supposed to be a good thing, but I am having a hard time figuring out the position for sure. I have difficulty transitioning from sitting to walking without pain. Once I have been up for 3-5 minutes I can walk fine, but the first few minutes are difficult. I have been cranky and not very patient. Ctx are frequent, but random and not difficult to deal with. Sleeping is difficult too. I wake up a lot!

My mom is driving me nuts. She always goes a bit berserk over the holidays, and shame on me for thinking that since we made it through Christmas ok that we would be fine. But no. . . my cousin had an engagement party on Friday evening. My mom already had mentioned that it "would be fun" for the girls to wear the xmas dresses to it. Ok fine, I really didn't care what they wore and since they love the dresses and any excuse to wear them, they probably would have done so anyways without her suggestion. But then on the day of the party, she calls up to 'suggest' that I put their hair in rollers too. I was like, no way--we are busy today, the party isn't until 7 so we won't be staying long, it takes forever to get their hair curly and I consider myself lucky if I get Kayla's brushed! Besides, they look good with their straight hair. So she was very snappy about all that saying that I could at least do their hair fancy once in a while, blah blah blah. She really ticked me off. And then, at the party (with the girls in straight hair!) she had the nerve to say to someone (with me right there) "this dumb sh%* is going to have her baby at home" and then followed with fake ignorance "oh, are you standing right there". UGH! She is soooooo irritating. I can't wait until they go on their trip!

What makes all that worse is that I would just rather ignore her for now, but before Christmas she was all, "I want to help you out by washing the baby clothes" so I gave her sizes 0-6 months and some detergent to wash. This was pointless IMO because if they hang out very long there I will be washing them again (they smoke--generally not it the house, but still). Anyways, so I have asked a couple times about them. . . like I wouldn't want them crowding my laundry room so let me know when to pick them up, etc. I was smart enough not to send the diapers, but for some dumb reason the newborn hats are there as well as everything else. I want this stuff available in case the baby comes. But now I don't want to call her about it and I don't want to re-buy them either.

Anyways, I finally got down to baby prep over here. The diapers are washed, Kayla's clothes are moved and the baby dresser is back in our room. Birth stuff is in order, etc.

Now for the BABY!

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#10 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

ah yeah! Somebody reminded me...can't beleive I forgot! Had my home visit last week. IT was totally cool to have everyone together who will be gathering for this birth dat iz all

Namaste, Tara
#11 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 AM

36 weeks ~~ BH episodes daily with cramping ~~ lots o' mucous ~ pelvic bone feels like it could snap at any moment ~ belly has got to be a maximum capacity ~ all the other third trimester complaints!
#12 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 09:18 AM

39wks 6 days! I too have a check-up on Wed, must be a popular day! Finally having contractions off and on! Started yesterday and cont. this am. Def. feel like the end stages of pg. I was sooooo grumpy yesterday. Everything dh did was irritating, the kids were too loud, etc. Our colds are finally going away so that is good. We need to put the car seat together and print out an extra birth plan to take with us, but I think that's it. Still have no boys name.......Wonder if that means it'sa girl?

Seems like the babies are starting to come here in our little DDC and that is pretty exciting!

That's it for now.
Kathy

momma to 4!
#13 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 09:21 AM

I'me 37w5d, and It's 5 AM! Iv'e been up with mild ctx since about 3:30, I think I was having them in the night to but it took me untill about 3:30 to wake up enough to realize they were not gas. I don't think this is anything to exciting (Ds was 2 weeks late) but enough to keep me up. Thank goodness DS has daycare today so I can catch up with naps.....Just waiting for Ds to wake up at 6ish and nurse and see if that picks things up any.

Had a MW appt on Sat which was great, I'me still measuring small but the baby is really low........I had a very alkaline unrine test so she thought I might be leaking a bit, but left me some test strips and they seem to be fine now, so who knows...Got to listen to the baby with the electronic doppler so that was cool as ds and dh got to hear it. I have a doctors appt on Thursday to do my GBS.

Otherwise things are going well, we are all recovered from xmas and ds and dh are back to school/daycare today so I can hopefully get some things done. I'm not quite ready for the baby, but almost. I have all the cloths diapers sorted and washed and am just just finishing up my birth kit. I need to make some labour aid and put in the last few items and then I'm done. And hopefully I should get my pool sometime this week. We went swimming with ds yesterday and being int he water was heaven, I can't wait for my pool to come!

It's funny with DS I never really tracked my progress towards birth (never checked dilation even in labour, never had any signs before, my water broke and then labour started and I lost my plug during the labour.) So this time I want to compare the two to see how things are progresing compared to DS but I have nothing to compare it to..........

Otherwise my breasts are really sore and nursing ds is starting to really hurt again. My pelvis is a bust and my hips kill me at night when I'm sleeping, but otherwise I am feeling pretty well. I am carrying much smaller than I did with DS and it makes a big difference. But we'll see if I'm still singing that tune when I'm still pregnant in 4 weeks. I feel like I may make it to Febuary! AAk!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and that so many of you are still pregnant, I was starting to panick that I woul dbe the only one left with the handfull of births we had in like 2 days!

Cheers
Heather
#14 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 AM

Welcome to all the new babies!! It's so exciting. I'm 37 weeks, and fel so grateful to have made it "full term". For no reason at all, this was a concern of mine. Now that I am here, I am half ready for this little one to come out and half ready for it to stay 1-2 more weeks. I don't have control do I? My husband won't let me eat spicy foods, etc..since he thinks he can control things. Hah.

I'm obsessed with the position of the baby and fear that it is posterior. So lots of hands and knees for me, and TRUST in birth.

I sprained my ankle last week-ugh, so I'm forced to chill. Going to wash all the clothes today, and then I think I'm ready-I'm certain I'm forgetting tons of things as this is my first homebirth, but luckily we're in NYC so there sre stores everywhere! Hopfully no one will have to run out during the birth to get supplies.

Good luck to all-it's such a wonderfully exciting time!
-KB
#15 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 11:48 AM

Ugg not even motivated to post. 39 weeks today.
Went to New Year's celebration with friend's and their family DS had a great time but I had to be food police it was so not even funny.
DS is 21 months old two seconds after we walked through the door..someone had shoved a cheesie in his mouth..I let it go but then I turned around and he was being given a sip of beer!!!!That I did not let go...for crying out loud we had never met the man who was giving this stuff to him...DS ended the evening gourging on chips another item which he had never had before.

Call me uptight but a 21 month old does not need chips, cheesie's OR BEER at least no one gave him any chocolate geesh we don't even allow him juice unless he grabs another childs sippy with some in it.

Put him to bed there but had to wake him when we left, it was a short 2 minute drive home and thankfully he went to bed again easily but he kept me up all night with his whimpering in his sleep..gee I wonder if his stomach was bothering him..yesterday he had loose bowel movements and was really really grumpy.. thanks people.

Still no baby here I made it to my Jan 1st deadline and although my edd is Jan 9th I was kinda hoping like others I would go earlier and avoid the postdate hell of last time so I am trying to make sure I stay active as head it still not as low as my midwife and I would like.
I have initated sex and am now inserting a Evening Primrose Oil capsule when I head off to bed at night. I also picked up some pineapple(sure its a myth but you never know plus it was on sale)nonetheless it tasted yummy.

My MIL was an angel last evening after we put DS to bed at their place after their New Year's Day supper she decided to let him spend the night....I am praying that he slept better then last time so she is not as reluctant to take him for overnighters. Me I slept so good woke up just after 8am DF is still sleeping.

I am still have lots of somewhat uncomfortable BH had a bunch last night after we went to bed and was all giddy with excitment alas I feel alseep and since they didn't wake me it was nothing. Having a lot more bowel movement then usual ..it started the week before Christmas but are ever increasing.

One of DF's friend's had some plaster strips leftover from her last pregnancy and gave them to us so as long as DF is being good for Grandmere we are going to do that today.Wish us look as we are so not good at that sort of thing.

Next appt with midwife is Friday and DF goes back to work on Thursday. Would like to get this show on the road by then so I am not left alone with DS all day at the end of pregnancy.
It looks like our new camera will not get here this week its slated for delivery before the 9th though..so it will most likely come on the 9th :
Will have to go out and buy more one time use camera's as I have been using the ones in our birth bags for the holidays.

Still have to set up the co-sleeper, complete installing the car seat, (in but not in as well as it could be) I only have 1 dz cloth diapers on hand stilll have to buy more, need to finish packing our bags with some small items, need to buy a car seat cover as it is freezing here.
Would like this place to be neat and tidy when I head off to the Birth center with bird cages freshly changed but doubtful that will happen.
Have a few items in freezer but not as much as I would like.

Once again
#16 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 03:35 PM

I'm 3.5 days post partum and I think my recovery is going pretty well. Sore and a bit swollen 'down there' but overall healing nicely. Getting used to the idea of being a mama - slowly. Breastfeeding is proving to be a challenge but we'll get through it. I'm engorged today and my milk is coming in. I need to chat with a LLL person about the nuances, though.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#17 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 03:55 PM

I"m 38 weeks today!

I feel waaay too perky to be hanging around you guys. I think the baby is in there for a long time, yet. Maybe I *will* make it to Feb. I did have a moment of grumpiness the other day, I was sitting on the bed trying to put on my socks (at 9 months pg, YEAH RIGHT!), and I kept sitting all over dh's stuff, and I snapped at him, and he was like, "what's wrong?" And I was like, "I can't move, I'm twice the weight I"m supposed to be!" So, I think it's coming, but just slowly. No labor signs, cept for some loose bm's. I keep watching the TP for some signs of pink or brown or red, but so far, nothing. I hardly even get BH ctx at this point... I should start taking the RRL on a regular basis, not just when I skip my nettles. Last night, I think I felt the baby in a ROA position, which makes me happy, gonna keep doing hands and knees for an anterior baby! Just before I posted, my last doula client called (she gave birth in Oct.), and she's on WIC, but can't use up all the stuff they give her, so she's been bringing me milk, and she also has some PP pads left over from her birth, so she's gonna bring those to me too. How sweet is that?

I am THISCLOSE to having all the stuff I wanted to get for the baby (it's just details at this point)! And today, we just won a digital camera off Ebay, so we'll be able to post pics of the baby for friends and family (and you guys ) faster. As soon as I get my birth pool (which could be a while), I'll be ready to have this baby. Honestly, I've already told him he can come anytime he feels like it, but I don't think that'll be before the due date. Maybe the full moon, we'll see.

I really don't feel like I'm about to have a baby... it's very surreal. I still have some more nesty type things to do, mainly finish getting the meals cooked and frozen, wash some diapers, and finish organizing the closets.

So... I think that's all that's going on with me!
#18 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Lovin' the updates!!
So last night for fun, I decided to see what would happen if I messed with one ofmy oh-so-sore boobs. I rolled one nipple, a la nipple stim, for about 5 seconds, which is as long as I could stand it. Even in that short time, I had a big ol' contraction. I thought that was pretty cool and had to share

Namaste, Tara
#19 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 04:15 PM

PLEASE will someone send me labor vibes....I feel really awful today. Not sure how much longer I can go. I've been very optimistic up till now, just having a bad day I'm sure!
#20 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 04:29 PM

38 weeks here, and no signs of impending labor. My breasts are getting much bigger all of a sudden, and I can barely stand to nurse dd because they're so sensitive. But baby is still up high, although I never noticed my first dc drop lower until I was actually in labor.

Overall I can't complain about too many aches and pains, although I'm going mad because we're not nearly as ready for this baby as I'd like to be. Even though he'll be sleeping in our room, I still want his little bedroom all ready, and it's miles away from that right now.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#21 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 04:36 PM

40w1d according to stupid sonogram; ummmm - let me calculate...38w6d according to last menses...hmpfff-- I had actually convinced myself a long time ago that the sonogram date was more accurate and so have been really disappointed that this babe hasn't come earlier - especially with all the "signs" -- Signs my foot. Last week midwife wanted to check - I let her - still 2 cm...says I'm "progressing nicely" -- whatever. Next appt is Wed.
Now, last night I had serious BH contrax that were 15 min apart, horrible "headbutting" against my cervix -- it was taking my breath away it hurt so bad. Plus, I woke up twice with pretty rough low cramping...I woke up this morning thinking "gotta be in the next 24 hours" -- now all day the only signs I've had of impending labor is pure bi&*(yness. Can you tell??!! Doesn't help that DH is home with a sinus infection and DD of 27 mos. really misses her daycare friends...I've not been a very good playmate lately...boy, I"m grumpy -- we're going to go take a nap!
#22 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 06:26 PM

I'm 36 weeks today!!! Yeh, with all my irritable uterus trouble last pregnancy and this one I always feel about to go into labor at any time...but alas I'm 36 weeks and don't have to worry any more!
Last night I was up every half hour with a very sore tummy, contractions yes but I think maybe some pulled muscles as I over-did-it yesterday grouting tiles in my bathroom.I know, I know. And today went to the mall to get puppy food and baby clothes(didn't find anything) and could hardly walk cuz of all the contractions(but that's normal so don't think I'm going into labor.) Something wierd though...this whole pregnancy;since 15 weeks I could fell this baby move alot...way, WAY more than my other 3. Now he's still rolling around around like some trapeze artist and it's starting to really hurt. Another funny thing...I got an electric massage pillow for xmas and if I put it up to my right side ( where baby hangs out) he completely moves over to the far left of my stomach and if I then move the pillow to the left he quickly scoots over to the right! Now obviously he doesn't like this so I don't spend all day bugging him or anything...it was just a vey interesting observation.
Oh and one more funny thing!!! So I got the world's fuzziest red housecoat for xmas too and so there is red fuzz leaking everywhere(as my 10 year old stated)(ya my kids are clowns too), and so alot of times when I go to the bathroom there will be red fuzz on my panties or on the paper when I wipe and I keep forgeting about my fuzz problem and I think "oh my god, my plug" and then I remember I'm a dork and have fuzz issues!
Anyhow, this has been fun. Tomorrow I have chiro app., non-stress tests and doc. app. and probably schedual an ultrasound for later in the week(see how big this diabetic baby is). I'll keep ya posted.

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#23 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
XM

Hi mamas! I am 40w3d by my LMP, and I am SO ready to meet this baby! I had some really convincing ctx (not BH, real ones!) yesterday night, building to 5-6min apart for a couple hours before they stopped when DS woke up. Nothing worth mentioning since then, though! Baby is very low and I am feeling very ripe!

I have never been so completely ready for a baby to arrive! The Kissaluvs I ordered arrived Friday, the birth pool is inflated, all the clothes are washed, the Recharge is chilling in the fridge, and our birthkit is fully stocked. We're all caught up with laundry, and the house is clean! So I hope the baby comes before it gets trashed again!

I do tend to go 10-14d late... I was a dropout for the December Due Date Club, and I am really hoping that this is my month!
#24 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 08:19 PM

Willow, sending hugs and positive vibes to you...I hope that labor gets started very soon! I understand how you are feeling. I am only two days past EDD and I am teetering on the edge of ok with it and exasperated. You have much more reason to be feeling frustrated right now. Hang in there!
#25 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 08:29 PM

XM...sending you vibes too! Sorry you had to join our group (because you didn't get to have that baby in Dec), but glad you're here! Hope we get news of your baby being born very soon!!
#26 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I've been out of the loop, but I have reading very frequently in the last 2 weeks. Almost there too...due date is Jan 14th, but I'm thinking that I may go early even though I didn't with ds. My dh has been driving me batty, and took me to Ikea today, which was a mistake...My bh were strong and I was irritated with how crowded it was. Then had to go to Old Navy with my step mom, and she didn't seem to understand that I could only shop for about 10 min...Lots of loose bm's, and lots of gas. I feel like a tent, and my groin feels like it's about to give out everytime I stand up. Okay, just had to get that off my chest. Although I feel horrible most of the time, I still want to make it to my due date...I don't feel ready yet. My house is just a sty, I have lots of work to finish up before going on leave, I want my son to have just a little bit more time with me, my dh is just as cranky as I am since he has to do so much more for me, and I don't feel prepared mentally.
#27 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 10:12 PM

Due on Saturday. Come on baby! Labor must get started on its own - no inductions for VBAC (not that I want one - but would prefer over c-section). They will let me go until 42 weeks though.

Had internal today - babys head engaged in pelvis and I lost 3 pounds. No dialation. My mom says she never dialated until she was in labor...

I am focusing on surrendering to my body and letting nature take its course. The baby is probably around 9-9.5 pounds now.

Peace - Alicia
#28 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Everything is going pretty well for me. I'm still having bloody mucus. I decided to go for the internal today because I was so curious. I'm 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby's at -1. The doctor said she doesn't think I'll go until my due date, but we'll see. The contractions are driving me nuts now! I barely sleep at all.

We have pretty much everything ready now. Carseat is in, announcements are addressed, and clothes are all washed. I would like to make it to Friday which will be full-term and then the baby can come any time he pleases!
#29 of 39 Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 PM

Hi Everyone!!

Well, over here in Colorado I am in babymoon bliss!!! Ian is just so adorable, I am having a wonderful time with him. I can't believe he's only been with us for 3 days, I absolutly can't imagine life without him. Gracie is being really good, I can tell she is a bit confused, but she seems to be accepting him without much question. She has been so sweet towards him and talks to him with ohhhhhhhs and ahhhhhhhs, it's just heartbreaking!!

He is nursing like a champ, I am so glad we were able to nurse within the first hour of his life. He is totally different than Gracie, she would nurse very frequently, but for only just a few minutes at a time. Ian however goes for 3 or 4 hours at a time, and even then I have to wake him and make him eat. Once he gets going though he will nurse for a half an hour easy. My boobs are like huge boulders right now as my milk is trying to regulate, I sure hope it happens fast, I forgot how sore they are until then!!

My MIL and SIL were both here the entire time we were in the hospital and were such a huge help. I had been so worried about how Gracie would be, I had literally never been away from her for more than a couple of hours at a time for her whole life. She had a blast on her mini-vaction from mom though!! They baked cookies, had tea parties, and she was allowd to break ever rule in the book, what fun!!!!! She cried her little heart out when they left today. I am glad she had such fun with her extended family and it has given me new perspective on how well she can handle being away from me for periods of time. That is good now that I can't let my life revolve around only her!!

I am anxiously awaiting all the announcements from the mama's to be in our DDC. It is so wonderful and worth it, I wish you all the best in labor, birth, and recovery!!!
#30 of 39 Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 AM

Alice, I am so glad to hear you and your family are doing well.

I am busy waiting for this babe. I was convinced with ds that he would be late (arrived the day after his due date and I was annoyed as I hadn't finished all of my nesting projects) but this one I think will be a bit early. It was also a lot easier having work stuff to concentrate on, now that the holidays are finished all I am thinking about is baby. We had our homevisit last Wednesday and she thinks the babe is around 6 - 6.5 lbs which would most likely make for a smaller babe than ds (8.3). I have lots of contractions when I run around but nothing that lasts. The babe is still spinning around in there, it was LOT on Wednesday but flips all of the time. My mw is not nearly concerned about posterior presentation with this one so I'm trying not to worry too. Now I just need a new knitting project to keep my hands/mind busy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page