Soo dissapointed that I am sitting in front of my computer this morning - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes I know I have not even reached my edd yet and I was 2 weeks late with DS and had a induction in the end but I want labour to start NOW!!!!

After at least two and half hours of what seemed like real conractions(could still talk through them but they have to build up right?) last evening to me they stop, nothing, dead in their tracks.
I really can not tell you what I real contractions though feels like as I was induced and my water had already broken and so the three or four hours before the epidural was given are one big haze of being hit by a baseball bat right from the start no gradual start there.

Early evening had been feeling something but was concentrating on DS not using my belly as a trampoline.

Went to bed around 9 and they continued very frequent until 10 when I got up to pee..told DF if they continued he was on night duty with DS tonight...went back to bed and they had stopped but picked up again after a while...so much so that it felt like there was pressure and pulling/stringing in my cervix. Got up to pee about a hour and hour and a half later to pee once agin they stopped and never started again.
Sigh it was like that the night before about a half and hour of somewhat crampy contractions that eventually fizzle out. I even made sure I did not get too giddy with excitement so they would stop but they did anyway.

Does it mean anything? I have no discharge at all..so if something were really happening I would wounldn' I?

My worst fear which I am trying to hold at bay is that I am not able to go into labour on my own and will have to have a hospital induction again...trying to remain calm and not think about it thoughas the stress of it will not help me start labour.

Okay must go get breakfast now
#2 of 4 Old 01-03-2006, 10:40 AM

Hate to say it but what you are experiencing is totally normal. You can have weeks of contractions and not be in "active" labor. They are doing something just not always what we wish!! I had LOTS of prodromal labor with my first 3 and none with #4 until 2 days ago. Don't be discouraged (easier said than done I know) your body knows what it is doing and Yes you will know when it is "real". I really learned with #3 that if I was questioning the contractions they were not the real thing. Once labor truly started there was no question. Hang in there we are almost atthe end.
Kathy

momma to 4!
#3 of 4 Old 01-03-2006, 12:08 PM

Don't rely on discharge... I never had any with my last 2 kidlets. You'll do fine. Have faith in your body... talk to it... tell it you believe in it!!All these maybe labor contractions drive me crazy too! But I keep reminding myself what Zjandosmom just said...when you are in labor you'll know it. It will hit you and you'll know!! Use these practice labors to center yourself and breathe and focus and relax... all the things you want to do in real labor.

Love and light to you!! Angela

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#4 of 4 Old 01-03-2006, 12:30 PM

Oh, I SO understand how you are feeling. I'm right there with you. It actually helps me feel a bit better to know I'm not the only one in this limbo (not that I wish this prodromal labor on anyone else.)

Hope it's soon for you, for me, and for anyone else who is ready!!

And, even though I am very annoyed by this stopping and starting of contractions, I totally agree with the pps. Your body is doing something real and important. And it DOES absolutely know how to labor. That is for sure!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page