Fired my doc. at 38 weeks!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She sent my family doctor to tell me my birthplan was completely unreasonable and there was no way ANY doctor would agree with my very natural hospital birth! And she's had the damn plan for 2 months.You would think she could have told me that ealier so I could have time to find a new doctor. And it's not like I'm demanding all these wacky things either, I leave so much room for interpretation and say many times throughout my whole plan that I understand that if a,b or c happens then this won't be possible...My family doctor just had this bitch look on her face and told me flat out that my requests are completely unreasonable and I was just thinking of myself and not the baby. Finally I asked (for the millionth time) is it not ultimately my decision what happens to me and she said " is this something you want to go to court over?" I said "yes it is". I've been so upset this week I haven't even felt like talking about it. But I got to work and put on my brave face and found an O.B. that works at the same hopital who went over my plan, talked to me about the risks,(I know them, I understand them) and she initialed all of it, told me they were not unreasonable requests at all, cautioned me to remain flexible but told me as long as everything is going good there is no reason that any doctor can't follow my plan and ultimately everything that is done to me and my baby in the hospital is up to me and only me and there is nothing a doctor can do without my consent. So no clamping or cutting cord until after delivery of placenta!!! And no shot of oxytocin. This is exactly how it would be if I was having an unassisted homebirth and I just want the same natural experience in the hospital. Even though my hair is pink I still know what I'm talking about!!!
So I see this new doc. next week ( if I have'nt had baby yet ) and she'll give me a cervical sweep(cuz I don't want to be induced, GD) and she really is wonderful to be so upfront with me and let me know that I can refuse any procedure that I don't want done. Have you heard enough yet!

LOve and Light and thankyou for listening! Angela

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#2 of 6 Old 01-18-2006, 11:50 AM

Well that other doc just sucked! :
I'm glad you were able to find someone who would give your birthplan a chance!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#3 of 6 Old 01-18-2006, 01:28 PM

Oh Angela!!! You go girl!! I am so glad you found someone who will work with you and let you have what you want. I am thinking of you and your impending birth, sending good labor and birth vibes every time you come to mind!!
#4 of 6 Old 01-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Good for You!! You are an inspiration. I'm praying you'll have a very straight forward labor so no one even has anything to "worry" about! Best wishes for a wonderful and empowering birth

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

#5 of 6 Old 01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
AAK

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Good job! It is hard to get the nerve to fire someone so late in the game. I am glad you did--you will undoubtedly be thankful. Sounds like you found a great new dr.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#6 of 6 Old 01-19-2006, 11:29 AM

Hey Pinkmilk, I know you & I are in similar positions....I think we bumped into each other over on the UC board once or twice. I'm 33 wks & will probably present my birthplan at my next OB visit (I need a scared smiley..)

I'm still on the fence about switching back to my old mw, I *really* need to make a decision & stick with it - I can't stand being in limbo about all of this! I don't want to argue with the OB practice about my birth plan so that if I do end up having a UC, they can't accuse me of it (I know they can't *do* anything, I just don't want the stress factor or harrassment.)

Good for you for keeping cool & finding a decent provider.....I think I would have cried. I've tried different birth centers w/ mw's that do hb's & they turned me down due to speedy labors I wish I could afford $3500 for a hb mw.

Maybe I too should go on a last trimester search for someone I can almost relate to....

Good luck!! I'll be looking for your experiences with this new OB.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page