Anyone else still pg besides me???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I am starting to lose track. Everyone that I can think of that was due around me is already holding their baby. So, who else is left? Or is it just me?

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#2 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still here! Woke up about an hour ago with some contractions so I'm hoping today's the day! My son was born the day after my due date so I really wasn't prepared for going late with this one, but here we are 9 days later.
#3 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 11:15 AM

I'm still here too however I'm not overdue like you guys. I feel labor coming like I never felt it before! Serveral times a day I'm taken over by contractions and think "this is it!!" Then I wait and obsessively count contractions for hours and then nothing! I'm going to try sex and a tiny bit of castor oil today and then a big walk!!! Hopefully that will get things moving along. If it doesn't then I'll rest until wednesday and get my membranes striped in the morning, have sex and see what happens!!! I have to do this because I only have till the 30th to go into labor then they will want to induce me because of GD. I tried to get dh to find my cervix last night and see if I was dialated but apparently it's gone missing and can't be found! Oh well, maybe the doctor can find it for me on wed.!

Goodluck you guys!!!Have happy and safe labors.
Love and Light. Angela

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#4 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 12:21 PM

Today is my due date and I am really feeling discouraged. I shouldn't, my other two both came late, I just thought with this one it was going to be early. I went to the hospital last night with contractions 2-3 minutes apart and then they stopped. They sent me home because I'm only 2-3cm dilated (75% effaced and head at 0 station). I was really hoping to meet this baby today. My kids were taken care of at my brother and SIL's place and things just seemed like they were in place.
I did realize that I am not pleased with the midwife I had last night and will do ANYTHING to keep from having her deliver this baby. She delivered my DS and I wasn't too pleased with her then, but it was my first birth, so I didn't know better. Now, I know that she is not who I want for my delivery. So, I guess that is one good thing to have learned last night.
Well, we're going to pick up the kids now, and explain that we had a practice staying away from home and that the baby was just not quite ready to come out yet.
Trying to stay positive, but really just wanting to cry.
#5 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 12:34 PM

I'm still here too, 11 days over. This is ridiculous! I have an appt. to be induced for vbac (how smart does that sound?) tomorrow a.m. and can't decide whether or not to cancel.
Vascillating between anger & depression at this point, getting lots of pressure from family & friends who can't understand why i won't just induce already...
sorry if everyone knows this already; i've been posting obsessively.
Mostly i think i'm sad that this has not been a very fun pregnancy and I know (yes, KNOW) it will be my last...
Good luck, everyone!
k
#6 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 12:52 PM

Reading about the overdue mamas makes me feel bad for feeling this way, but I am going crazy and so discouraged. My due date is a week from today but 2 weeks ago my midwife and my doula both told me that since I was 2cm dialated and the baby had dropped that they didn't think I would make it two more weeks. Here I am though. And after my due date they really want to induce because they are worried about the size of this baby. I don't want another induction but I'd rather that than a c section from having a too big baby. **sigh** So I really want to go into labor. Lots of painless contractions and lots of back and pelvic pain and even diarrhea but no baby. I am beginning to doubt my body's ability to start labor on its own. I am so so so ready.
#7 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 01:11 PM

I am still here, too. I am a week overdue as of tomorrow. I am sorry to hear everyone is getting so discouraged. I am just trying to wait patiently and trust that baby knows what to do. Although, I told my husband that maybe I need to create a hostile environment so that baby wants to come out!!

Has anyone tried the castor oil method? How do you use it? How much? Is it awful? I am thinking that might be our last resort as other things haven't worked (sex, walking, etc).

My doctor said that I am dilated to 2 and 90% effaced. Baby is really low and she had to finagle her way around its head to find my cervix, so things are changing, but slowly.

It sounds like everyone is ready. I hope these babies come soon!!

Nena, Wife to S since 1995, mom to G (my wonderkid) since 2000 and R since 2006 (my snuggley boy who was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease in 2007)
#8 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmom

Has anyone tried the castor oil method?
I took about a quarter of what was suggested--I think it ended up being about a quarter teaspoon in a glass of juice and that was plenty to get me started with my last baby. It made me go to the bathroom only a little (not like some who get terribly dehydrated from taking too much) and then I took a nap, woke up and started having contractions.
If I go a week or so over, I will consider this method again. It also eliminates the need to take the silly stool softener pills they give at the hospital--although I think I skipped them with my first baby anyway.
I found out the midwife I don't want to deliver is on call Thursday, so I have to do something to either have this baby before then or not that day...how frustrating.
My kids were pretty cute when I said the baby wasn't ready. They are antsy to get on with things, too--have mom and baby home with them and know they aren't going to be away from us again for some time. They did do well at the "sleepover" at my brother & SIL's, so I am thankful for that. Unfortunately, that was the weekend plan, so if I have the baby during the week, we have entirely different scenarios for them. I am really starting to see why others prefer HB to hospital births...if I wasn't so scared of needing an emergency c-section I'd possibly have HB...oh, hindsight.

Hang in there everyone...our day is going to come--and it will be soon.
#9 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 07:00 PM

I just wanted to send a to all the overdue mamas...I SO know your pain...and just wanted to reassure you that your body and your baby DO know what to do and they WILL do it when the time is right. I've now had 3 overdue babies...the waiting is hard, I know it...but just hang in there...they won't say in there forever.

Also, for those looking for more alternatives to jumpstart things...there is also accupuncture and some herbals you could try...best to consult a Naturopathic Doctor for those...but hang in there...don't give up...you've come so far already.
#10 of 24 Old 01-22-2006, 07:12 PM

I can really relate!! With my last baby I agreed to being induced after 14 days 'overdue'... which I really regret. I dont know if this will make you feel better, but here's a good link-http://www.birthlove.com/free/ten_month_mama.html
#11 of 24 Old 01-23-2006, 01:16 AM

I'm due the 28th.

Have noticed my mind slipping more and more away which seems to be a sign to me. I get these times where I'm just 'lost' in my head and foggy-brained and can't concentrate.

Last night, had some contractions, thought 'just maybe', but they were erratic. I was really thirsty so I got up and ended up with massive calf cramps so I think I was just a bit dehydrated. Contractions went away after some water.

Baby is moving around lots, hasn't dropped yet, but my mom says she didn't drop until the day she had me so that doesn't neccessarily mean anything.

We are doing Webster with my chiropractor on Tuesday. All of the ladies he's done it on have been in labor w/in 72 hrs. Don't know if that's coincidence or if it actually works.

We'll see. Need to get this kiddo outta me. I need to meet him/her.

Messianic mama to 3 boys, C (4 yrs), E (22 mths), B (newborn)
#12 of 24 Old 01-26-2006, 01:54 PM

Still here, too...

I have basically no outer "Os" (completely melted away) but the inner Os is a firm, two centimeters.

41 weeks.

Contractions come every three minutes for about 45 minutes, then stop for hours, now half a day of nothin'...

Even took my midwife's labor cocktail and it did nothing. Out of 52 mamas, I was the ONE who didn't go into labor.

I guess baby's the one who really decides, but since my other two were 9/10 and 10/6, I'd like my first homebirth to be for a smaller baby. We think he's already 9-10 lbs.

Ho hum and ugg.........
#13 of 24 Old 01-26-2006, 08:46 PM

So I am posting again here. . . Who is left???? I am 10 days overdue and had a NST at the hospital today. All looked good with baby. If I don't have this baby by Monday I am scheduled to be induced at 8:00. I will do all in my power to have this baby by then. I have been having stronger contractions, but nothing that regulates. I am still dilated only to 2, but I know that doesn't mean much. The tincture that I got from a naturopathic midwife has helped with the contractions I think. I did loose my plug yesterday, so things are moving along although it feels really really slow. I thought for sure I would have a baby by now.

Congrats to the new mamas. I hope to be joining you soon!

Nena, Wife to S since 1995, mom to G (my wonderkid) since 2000 and R since 2006 (my snuggley boy who was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease in 2007)
#14 of 24 Old 01-26-2006, 09:33 PM

I'm due a week ago, and I'm still here...going insane.
#15 of 24 Old 01-27-2006, 04:21 AM

I was due 1/22 and am still here. I've been to triage twice now thinking I was in real labor, but apparently not. That has been a bit discouraging since I simply went into labor with the other two and have never been "sent home" before. They gave me the option to stay and walk, but I opted to go home and sleep instead.

While I was at triage, my friend delivered her baby--with the midwife who was checking me. I'm very happy for her--delivered on her due date. So, I'm the only one still hanging on in my circle of pregnant mommas due this month.
I've been at 2-3 cm for a while. Lost my plug on Sunday...
I'm really emotional (mom says that means it's a girl) and my inner ear is swollen (that's what happened with my boy) and really uncomfortable...baby's head has been at zero for a while.

I will go in Monday and the midwife will discuss induction. My birthday is Tuesday, so I think I'll have them wait at least until Wednesday--give the baby its own birthday month.

At any rate, still here but now thinking any day between now and early February!
#16 of 24 Old 01-27-2006, 05:18 AM

...still, still, still here. FINALLY beginning to lose some mucous (not tons, but more than nothing) and feel some tightening of my abdomen/uterus/low back though not at any regular intervals. Was due *weeks* ago, regardless of any of the various due dates we've been given! This little soul just likes being inside, apparently, and DD (almost 3 y.o.) assures us this is because our baby is just really cozy in there.

I was a complete mess/freaking out for several days this past weekend/earlier this week, but I think I've managed to just let go of any expectations now. As long as my mw is getting good heart tones and I'm feeling decent movement and that things are ok w/ the babe, I'm good. Though I am just soooo unbelievably curious to finally meet and snuggle this little person who is so insistent on staying inside for so long!!!
#17 of 24 Old 01-27-2006, 11:26 AM

I'm still here, due tomorrow.

Got mad at DH about being inconsiderate last night. I think that halted any labor progress I might have had. Totally irritated me. I don't get mad at him very often, but it was necessary last night. Still mad.

Debating on whether to cancel going to work. I think if I were to stay home, I could go for walks and really visualize this baby coming better. Since I have to talk on the phone with the public, it's hard for me to concentrate on baby at work, even though it's only 4 hrs. I really think that if I could get lots of walking done and just some 'chillin', I could get somewhere with baby.

Uhhhh, I'm still irritated...

#18 of 24 Old 01-27-2006, 11:55 AM

Hi all! fireshifter--I stopped working on Weds. and it has been awesome. I thought that I would love to work right up until baby comes, but it has allowed me to walk and visualize and relax (as much as I can with a 5 y.o. around). Not that it's gotten me anywhere significant, but I mentally feel better.

I am having more painful contractions today. It's about time This baby has had me contracting for weeks with no pattern, increased intensity or frequency. We shall see. I will give it a bit more time before I call in the troops and call this real!

#19 of 24 Old 01-27-2006, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
AAK

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
If baby finally comes on Sunday, she will share a birthday with her big sister. That could be cool. Of course, it could be inconvenient too, but really whether the date is the same or off by just a couple the incovenience factor will always be there.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#20 of 24 Old 01-28-2006, 11:16 PM

Hello,

Due yesterday. I know that I shouldn't be discouraged yet, however, EVERY woman in my family gives birth early (usually like 2 weeks). So, of course, I couldn't help but suspect (HOPE) that I was to follow suit. Oh well... I've been just finishing up projects that I never had time for before (while working full-time) and I'm sure I will never have time for them after baby girl is born.

No matter how ya slice it, I am READY!!!
#21 of 24 Old 01-29-2006, 02:15 PM

I know, I know, I'm a FTM and I shouldn't have expected baby to come before due date, I was just dreaming.

Yesterday, I was due, walked around a museum and the mall all day, had some spectacular contractions, but NOTHING stuck!

My mom is scheduled to go home next Sunday. We are all driving each other crazy at this point. DH just came down with some nasty virus (thankfully, I seem to be immune to most of those since getting pregnant).

I'm irritable still. I just want to hide in a hole til baby comes and then I'll talk to people. Keep getting emails and calls. I refuse to answer the phone now. Next pregnancy, I'm telling them the month that baby's due and that's it. They can all kiss my *ss about knowing when I'm due, maybe then they'll leave me alone. I'm so sick of the phone ringing.

All this negativity is really holding me down but I'm just tired of waiting and I'm grumpy.

I think I'll go out and harass my horse for a while. I've got two things I want to fix SO bad on her and I just can't risk that fight while pregnant. So I'll just get on and putz around for a bit til the contractions come, then I'll get off and let her roll in the sand. Then I'll come home and walk some more and maybe do some cooking.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! (note to baby: don't you know that you need to come out now?)

Oh well,

#22 of 24 Old 01-29-2006, 04:00 PM

I'm still hanging in there too. I dragged my partner off to the mall to walk for a few hours last night, but I wore the wrong shoes and ended up so sore and tired when I got home. I am coming down with a sore throat, so now all I want to do is sleep and drink orange juice.
#23 of 24 Old 01-30-2006, 02:26 PM

day_sleeper, is it just me and you now? Wanna place bets?

Still here, still pregnant, going to chiropractor for 3rd time for him to mess with my round ligaments and hopefully trigger something.

DH is still sick. I just hope he doesn't give it to me.

Have been drinking red raspberry tea, taking blue cohosh, pineapple til my tongue hurts, walking, horseback riding, sitting on the birthing ball and bouncing, nipple stim, no sex (b/c of the whole sick DH thing), resting with relaxing music, warm baths...

Grrrrrr!

Have been reading the induction post with interest. Not at all wanting to induce but torn about my mom missing birth (she'll have been here two weeks waiting and has to go home on Sunday) and getting this baby out. Honestly, the only reasons for inducing to me are b/c of mom and b/c of maternity leave running out before baby comes (I've only got 3 wks paid saved up).

At last figured out why it hadn't seemed that I'd dropped any...Cervix is high in my pelvis so baby's head is engaged, but doesn't look that way when you look at me. Anybody know if this intensifies or lessens labor pains?

Oh well, I'm done grumping, oh wait, one more thing. Our car is in the shop, has been since Thursday and they keep finding things wrong and adding $50 on to the price to fix it. Double GRRRRRR!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

#24 of 24 Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM

Rut-Row!!! Rye thinks ry'me the rownly rone left!!!

Can someone please confirm this pitifulness?

Day_sleeper??? Hello??? (echo, echo, echo)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page