Reese Bryan is FINALLY here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2006, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reese Bryan finally made his arrival officially 11 days past his EDD on Friday January 27 at 4:30 pm. He was 8 lb 12 oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. He has a head of dark hair and couldn't look any different from his brother.

Here's my birth story. . .
Griffin (my 5 y.o.) and I woke up at 7:15 am on Friday and I was having more painful contractions than I had been, but did not think it was any big deal (I was conviced that they would stop at some time). By 8:45 I realized that they were about 10 minutes apart and lasting anywhere from 30-90 seconds. I thought in the back of my mind that this could be it, so I called my hubby, mom (who was taking Griffin when we had baby), and doula and updated them, but told them not to worry because I figured we were in for a long day. My husband arrived home about noon and took Griffin outside. I was using my birth ball and just breathing through contractions which at this point about 7-8 min apart. Scott came in about 45 minutes later and told me to call our doula. Later he said that I looked like the exorcist, but my head wasn't spinning. It's funny because I don't remember really thinking that the contractions were that bad, but scott said I had a wild look in my eyes and he knew that things were going fast. Our doula came over and was there for 15 minutes timing contractions and doing her thing and then said that we should go to the hospital as my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart and lasting 1+ minutes. At this point, I had no idea they were that close, just that they were getting more painful. Scott brought Griffin to his preschool where my dad would pick him up.. My dad was supposed to pick him up at 4:30 from our house, but at 1:30 we needed to get to the hospital.
When we got to the hospital, I labored on the birth ball until the resident needed to check me. She did at 3:20and I was already dilated to 7 with a bulging bag of water. She offered to break it, but I wanted to wait. I didn't think I could deal with contractions that were any more intense. I also felt like things were changing and that this could possibly be transition (I just had a gut feeling), so I waited a half an hour and then was dilated to 9+. Within 5 minutes I needed to push, so I did and within the first couple of pushes, my bag of water literally exploded all over the resident doctor and med student and floor. Luckily they were all dressed up in their gowns and protective gear. After 30 minutes of pushing Reese Bryan was born. What a phenomenal experience and so completely different than my last birth.

Reese is a great baby so far and is nursing like a champ. He is anxiously waiting for my milk to come in. He is an oral kiddo just like his brother, so wants mom all the time. I am very very sore. Not from a poor latch, just because he wants to be there all the time. I am hoping that things get better when he is getting more milk and feels satisfied after breastfeeding.

So, that's my story. I am sure that I will remember more later and will share at that point. Good luck to other birthing mamas out there. I am sending good vibes your way.

Nena, Wife to S since 1995, mom to G (my wonderkid) since 2000 and R since 2006 (my snuggley boy who was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease in 2007)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 12:21 AM

: Reese!!!

Congratulations!! Sounds like a wonderful birth!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 AM

Oooh. That name was on my list! I love it.

Congratulations!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:31 AM

Welcome to the world, Reese!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:00 AM

COngrats!! Welcome baby Reese!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:22 AM

Congratulations!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:31 AM

whoohoO!!! Welcome Reese! Awesome birth mama! Happy Babymoon to all!

Namaste, Tara

User Tag List