My mom showed up two weeks ago and has to leave tomorrow. We figured her coming a week before I was due and a week after would pretty much cover it as far as baby coming and her getting to be there. Alas, no baby...
Membranes were stripped on Thursday and I was dialated to 2, lots of brown (old blood) mucous and contractions throughout that night, but they petered out. I was trying to do a lot of nipple stim and of couse, blue cohosh and red raspberry tea, the contractions at night were 5-7 apart for 3 hrs, but they didn't seem to be very strong, just regular...Finally, was exhausted and went to bed.
Yesterday, had 'contractions' (again, on a scale of 1-10, maybe a 3 or 4, not very strong) for most of the day 5-8 min apart. Called my doula, she said to just wait it out a bit more and see if they were stronger...Called my doc, of course, they said to come in to hospital and see where we were at...Went to hospital (felt bad, b/c I just knew that these weren't strong enough contractions and DH was SO excited) and they put me on a monitor for 30 min, only had 4 contractions and they were little ones, then made us walk for 30 min and put me on monitor again for 20 min...Still only dialated to a 2. Gave me a Visteral (which I really didn't want, but I haven't slept in three days b/c of night contractions) and sent me home.
Slept like a rock and woke up feeling just as crampy and crabby. Feel really bad about mom going to miss birth (unless things really change tonight) and really frustrated.
I only have 3.5 wks paid maternity leave, have used 1.5 wks already. After that, I have to decide whether I'm quitting my beloved job for good or whether I'll commit to coming back part-time for 6 months, then full-time again. I have no insurance besides this job and would have to do FMLA which will pay for insurance during the time I'm on maternity leave and not drawing a paycheck. If I don't come back to work and do FMLA, I have to pay my job back for their contributions towards my insurance (will probably be sev thousand dollars).
DH still is unemployed...Has a tentative job offer but unknown when that starts b/c of baby not coming yet, hopefully, they will keep the offer extended until the kid comes. Insurance for that job won't kick in till for 90 days post hiring...
I'm just irritated and pregnant still, the last one on the boards.
Thanks for listening.