baby crazy! Anyone else? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ever since Cormac was born all I can think about is how I want three kids. I have always sort of been back and forth about this, and ds doesen't really want more. During the last pregnancy I swore I was done, I was looking forward to having two but also to getting rid of all the baby crap instead of saving it this time and getting past the baby stages. Now that he is here I remember how much I love new babies (its the pregnancy I hate) and can't stop thinking about wanting anotehr in a year or two. Is this crazy? I have a 2 week old, why am i thinking about more? I know part of it is that dh will be done school and working by sept which means I can finally do what I want so part of me is just thinking about possible plans. But now the thought of gettingin rid of the baby stuff seems foolish...................Is this hormones or what? I know I should just wait a year and then revisit it, dh thinks I'm crazy to even want to talk about it now..............

Help
Heather
#2 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 05:35 PM

I waffle on th 2 or 3 kids issue, too. If we were done I could purge the massive amount of girl clothes before our move this year. Just can't do it, though... Unlike you, it's the pregnancy I love and the newborn phase that really wears me out.

I'd say there's no harm in talking about it now just don't make any final decisions (vasectomy... weaning to be fertile... etc) for a full year.
#3 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 05:46 PM

i think this is natures way of keeping the species going! Truely. I am so in love with my baby I could go out and have ten more! Having babies is so addicting. My husband said something to a friend of his yesterday along the lines of " our next birth....something or other" and I got so exited at the possibility of another baby(and we really aren't planning another)(but there may be hope afterall) See how silly I am too...just like you...tottally lovin' the babymoon...hormones? Probably some. But definately the way the Universe(god) intends it to be.

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#4 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 09:02 PM

Ugh.......... not me!!! I don't like being pregnant at all, and the newborn thing is so much work, and Ian is actually a really easy baby so far!!!!!! I don't think we will have another at all, but if we do it won't be for years. I want Ian to be at least 4 before I will even think of adding to our family.
#5 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 PM

I feel really ambivalent about being pg... it's great, but not awesome, not terrbile either. And this newborn thing is a ton of work. However, I love my baby girl so much, I could totally see having another someday. Not soon, though. I hardly have this one figured out yet, and my body really needs time to recover. I'd cry if I found out I was pg again anytime in this coming year. (Then I'd get used to the idea of having another, and eventually be happy about it.)
#6 of 14 Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 PM

I go back and forth, especially because I work out of home..and don't think it's fair...Right now though, it is sooo hard with having two. Everyone said that the hardest adjustment was going to two, but I really had no idea just how hard...DS is regressing too...He doesn't want me to hold the baby, he wants me to hold him...and he wants me to nurse him first (I always nurse dd babes first though)..and it's just overall tough...DH and I are now just about always grouchy with each other...I think it's harder on him though because I did the majority of parenting with ds, but now that we have two, I have to depend on him more....
#7 of 14 Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 PM

I get these feelings really strongly after each pg. I couldn't believe after my first two girls, how focused I was on having another, during the first few weeks after their births. And now, when we are DONE, I am feeling like, well, I could have a fourth. That might be nice. The feelings aren't as strong, but they're there again. I can definitely see how people end up with big families. If we were younger, I think we'd have a whole bunch of children.
#8 of 14 Old 02-07-2006, 10:20 PM

I always feel like this after having a baby! Immediatly after delivery I alway say, "I could do this again" (to the surprise of the nurses! lol)

I have already said, "Next time we have another one... " comments to dh and he has agreed that he'd love to have more. Since the spacing was pretty far apart for me before,(5 years apart, and almost 3 years apart) ideally I'd love closer together this time... but who knows, I might be too chicken!

Piper is SUCH an easy baby compared to my other two.. it would be so hard to say NO MORE after her. I'm very much in love.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#9 of 14 Old 02-08-2006, 01:36 AM

Dh and I have agreed to have two kids-- more by adoption. Right now, I cannot see how I could care for a toddler and a newborn. Michael is a pretty easy baby, especially now that we have the mai tei. I can clean the house ( I never thought I would find any excuse to CLEAN) and I feel HUMAN again. Even with all that, some days it's hard to be a mom.

If we have anymore, I think I might wait until Michael is three or so. If I was younger I would say 5 years. Unfortunately, that would make me 32, and my mom started menopause pretty early which makes my chances good that I will stop periods before 40.
#10 of 14 Old 02-08-2006, 11:59 PM

Oh yes! I want another!! Tomorrow even As soon as all of my other kids were born I was ready to do it again. I llove being pregnant, I love giving birth. I'd love to be a surrogate just for the joy of sharing the wonders of pregnancy and the power of birth with a woman who could not experience it herself. This time, though, I have to admit that I want to have another as a chance to have a do-over birth (at least in part). I really do want to be pregnant again and to have another baby and I"d love a chance at a girl again *grin* I'd also like to have a chance to get my birth on again. Maybe next time I can have my music and all that other stuff that didnt' happen because this happend so freakin' fast. I kind of feel bad for saying that. I'd never get pregnant on purpose just to have another birth though (well, you konw, if my DH suggested it himself, maybe ) No matter what though, I really do want another baby. I"d like to start trying when this one is about 2, hoping for my outdoor waterbirth. My DH? He waffles between talking about "next time" "the next baby" "our future daughter" and "when can I schedule my vasectomy?" *shrug* I tink he feels the baby lust too, which is a big change from the previous two times. I'm optimistic that I'll have another baby in the future (summer 2008, here I come!)

Namaste, Tara
#11 of 14 Old 02-09-2006, 01:51 AM

hahaha I should plan for 2008 too huh Tara?! Just to keep us going with the same year!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#12 of 14 Old 02-09-2006, 01:57 PM

I'm with Tara on this one. I loved/am loving everything about pregnancy/birth/newborn. I'd definitely be a surrogate. Before I had Alden I was thinking I only wanted 2 kids, but now I think I want 4. I surprised the delivery room nurses too by saying that I wanted to have 10 babies right after DS was born.
#13 of 14 Old 02-09-2006, 04:30 PM

LOL ANa! At least you know what you'll be doing. You'd better keep my DH's hands of fme though if you don't want one sooner

Namaste, Tara
#14 of 14 Old 02-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Wow, you guys amaze me. I'm one of those selfish moms who spend half the newborn phase mourning my previous grownup life (the other half in swooning over baby). I chalk it up to starting older; got too used to having a career, money, friends, free time, sex
Hopefully this won't blossom into ppd again. Taking lots of primrose oil.
Anyway, I really do admire you selfless super-mommies who want lots of babies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page