How did your birth end up? - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: How did you give birth?
Home water birth 4 7.27%
Home land birth 12 21.82%
Birth center water birth 1 1.82%
Birth center land birth 1 1.82%
Hospital water birth 1 1.82%
Hospital land birth 25 45.45%
Ceserean section 9 16.36%
Other (please post to explain!!) 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-10-2006, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just so curious to see how we fared as a group with home birth, hospital birth and surgical birth. Add your info to the poll!!!
#2 of 9 Old 02-11-2006, 06:05 PM

I'm curious who the "other" is and wanna hear the explanation! (car birth??)

Namaste, Tara
#3 of 9 Old 02-11-2006, 07:11 PM

Hi MamaTaraX,
I was the other...I wasn't sure which to pick. I labored my sister's house mainly, but then once we got to the hospital, I stayed in the jacuzzi until 15 minutes before I delivered Sage...Once I had the urge, I knew that tub was going to be too small, and wanted to get out....So, technically I had the hospital land birth..but there were no options for laboring in the water...If we were to do it again though (which dh says no to a 3rd), I'd love to try a homebirth...that just excites me....
#4 of 9 Old 03-12-2006, 12:13 AM

we did what we planned. UC.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#5 of 9 Old 03-17-2006, 05:12 PM

We had a lovely land/homebirth!
#6 of 9 Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 PM

I had an emergency c-section. This is something I NEVER want to do again. I believe the CS was medically necessary, but I can still be brought to tears by the thought of those final moments in the OR before I was knocked out.

I am very tempted to have a scheduled c-section next time. i know I won't, but I would much rather have the epi, and be conscious than to be knocked out and totally scared and confused and in agony when I finally do wake up.

At least Michael is healthy and happy
#7 of 9 Old 03-19-2006, 04:44 AM

We had a scheduled C-section and I will have a scheduled C-section the next time and will go toe to toe with anyone who has an issue with that. I don't believe it's anything I should feel ashamed of.

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
#8 of 9 Old 03-21-2006, 04:54 PM

I had planned on having a homebirth, but transferred to the hospital after three, yes three, days of labor and a posterior baby. I got my blessedly wonderful epidural and had a VBAC!!! Yeah for me!!!! Although, when I got to the hospital, I begged the doctor to section me. He looked at me askance and said, "why? You're at ten already! Let's get an epidural and turn this baby and push her on out!" What a great doc....I will have a hospital birth next time, no epi, although I will have an epi cath put in "just in case" and so that my doc will support me in my decision to vbac again. He is one of the only doctors in this entire state who will even consider a vbac, so I'll do whatever he says Plus, I'm scared to be in labor that long again

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!
#9 of 9 Old 03-22-2006, 03:33 PM

I also had a hospital transfer after 3.5 days at home with a broken water. My labor wouldn't come - all the labor I had was self-stimulated with the help of herbs and a breast pump. I arrived at the hospital at a 9, was on pit for less than 20 minutes, and after 4 pushes baby was born!

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page