I miss it here.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2006, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we've moved to emails I guess.. but I miss this forum.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2006, 03:28 AM

, can't you just come back?
Old 06-17-2006, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Well I could, but most don't post here anymore. Not even sure if they look here. I just noticed that the Dec 05 ddc (that I lurked in) was still pretty active.. I know the mods said we were supposed to move to the life after babe section, but you still kinda feel disconnected.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 06-17-2006, 11:01 PM

i hear ya. even tho we've moved onto emails it seems like most people dropped out there too.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Ya, I think thats why I like it here. I had gotten to know ( 9/10 months is a long time ) all the user names here, and who each person was. Through the emails I am sometimes confused. easily happens.

But I do miss my other mama's and wish they'd post more. somewhere at least.

I guess I could always talk to myself.
Let's see....

Piper is getting HUGE! She is 17 lbs already and so long! ( I seem to have misplaced the piece of paper where I wrote her exact length. Probably in a "safe place")

I took pictures of her tonight, she was getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. She can do this and move across my living room floor in minutes! My baby girl is crawling! : I am so thrilled to watch her grow and change. She is sleeping completely through the night and I think that might be playing with my hormones a bit. (we are nursing still, I am tandem her a my almost 3 year old) The past few days I've been staring at her and coming close to tears. Just grateful that she's here and that she is healthy. I've been worrying a lot lately. Reading sad stories and not stopping even though I should. I'll sit here browsing forums with tears streaming down my face and I can't go to bed. Then I'll spend the next day just gazing at my baby and wanting to soak up every single minute with her.

*sighing smilie here cause I'm too tired to look for it*
I'm hoping its my hormones and not a case of depression or anything else.

I am happy 99.9% of the time! But this past week.. its been kind of sad for me and I have no other reason for it except that she's begun sleeping from 8pm-6am every single night. That's got to change something hormonally when I'm used to night nursing.

Alright.. I'm done rambling.
I just wanted to connect with someone. I am so blessed and happy to have her in my life, I just wish I could shake this blue feeling that creeps in.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Hey Mama,

I read the email group but have never posted. Avery (5 months yesterday) is so sweet. She is such an easy baby and every day I give thanks to the universe for blessing us with her. DS (3.5) was/is a very needy/spirited/difficult child that I am just so amazed that a)she doesn't spend every moment not in motion crying b)she likes the car c)she doesn't need to nurse every hour.

She is just such a joy. She loves to laugh at her big brother, smiles a ton and loves to roll roll roll across the floor. Her latest trick is sitting up. She can stay up for a long time unless she takes a big lunge for a toy. She is also doing the hands and knees rocking thing but no crawling yet. Rolling is still her prefered method of transportation.

Good to see you mama!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:35 PM

Hey,
I'm here, and I try to keep the yahoo group moving!!! I guess we're all pretty busy now though.

We are doing great, Ian is a fantastic little guy and I love him to death! He just started saying "mama" the other day. I have been saying that to him over and over to get him to say it first, because Gracie said dada first, and be darned I was going to have him say mama first!

We have decided to officially close shop on this baby thing and James is having a vasectomy next month. I'm a little sad about not having more babies, but it's the right decision for us and I'm glad to see what life holds for our little family of 4!

You can come by and chat on the yahoo group anytime!! I really need to post some pictures again!

I miss you all too, and I am a little sad I will never be in another DDC!
Old 06-25-2006, 12:00 PM

I can't believe he's saying mama! A very precocious boy.

How do you know when you're done having kids? DH would like to be done and sometimes I think I could be but I would hate for him to have surgery and then me want another a few years from now.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:22 AM

Well a number of things are playing into the decision to not have any more. Finances are a huge concern, plus the fact that I have GD with my pregnancies, and I ended up with c-sections both times. The prospect for a VBA2C is pretty dim, especially with the GD because no homebirth midwives will take me, I have already checked around. Then there's the fact that we have one boy, one girl. I like that!! There were 3 in my family and we don't get along all that well, and I have issues with my sister because there was a lot of comparing with us because we were "the girls". I knew that I wanted to have 2 or 4, and since 4 doesn't seem to be an option anymore, here we are. It's been a really hard process because I have actually enjoyed Ian's babyhood a lot more than Gracie's (she was very high-need) and it has given me pause to want more babies. But when I think about it logically, I know that I am done. I am now just really anxious for his vasectomy to be done so we don't have to think about it anymore. My sex drive has started to really get back to normal, and I am looking forward to not worrying about getting pregnant! If someday down the road we decide we do want more we will adopt. Given my issues with pregnancy and birth that seems to make the most sense anyway. So we'll see......

And I know, about him saying mama. My husband didn't believe me that he was saying it, and then today he said it loud and clear while laying on my in-law's couch laying on his back and cooing to me!! Everyone just stopped and my MIL was shocked! I was just so proud!!

User Tag List