Do you want more kids? How many do you have? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i wish i could have two more, four seems like a nice number. every month that i know im ovulating, i think, let me just TRY for one more. and then when i tried i get scared that i might actually have gotten pregnant! lol 

my decision is so split. my youngest is 10m and is just starting to go to someone other than me. i would love to go back to school and slowly start up a career. very slowly. but i wont be done breastfeeding for a long time, and i dont plan on sending them to a daycare so im waiting until the youngest is old enough for 1st grade to do anything for major for myself.

on the other hand, if i have at least one more *right now*, i can get it over with faster, instead of almost having the boys ready for school and then bam! im pregnant and have to do it all over again

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Yes.
I have 2 girls 4months old and 2 years 2 months.

I wrote this about 2 years ago and now I have 3 children. A 4 year old, 2 year old and a 4 month old. I would still love to have more most days. Especially if they were like my youngest, hes such a wonderfully happy baby. A lot different from the crying, constant spitting up and nursing problems I had with my first two.. Right now hes laying next to me laughing and smiling.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I just have one, but I would LOVE to have more. I wish I could have between 4 and 6, but I'm guessing it'll end up being closer to 4 since I had a c-section with #1. bawling.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

Old 06-29-2011, 08:27 PM

I have 3 kids. I would love to have more, I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that my 3rd baby will be my last. Practically I know that 3 needs to be our limit, we have no family near us, we're kind of isolated, and my husband is quite a bit older than me. I can respect his fear of being "too old" to be the kind of father he wants to be to any more kids. So yeah, 3 is it for us.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 PM

Yes. Do I think it will happen? Most likely not.

We have a 7.5, 5.5 and a 12 month old. I am NOT a baby person, but i became a bit more in love with newborns with DS (funny since he's been just as impossibly hard as his older 2 sisters). But primarily I'm a toddler and older child lover. A big part of me wanting another is for DS to have a playmate. I see how best of friends my older girls are and I want something like that for DS. He thrives on his sister's interaction and I know that will be gone with school and whatnot. And also, 4 seems like a good number to me for some insane reason.

But as i said, it most likely wont happen. I'm a surrogate and in the beginning stages of my 2nd journey. After all the blessings i've received with my kids it became very important to me to help one last family achieve their dreams of parenthood before I went forward with my own. If we can't have more afterwards due to any issues I'm ok with that. If we can and decide to adopt, I'm ok with that too. But most likely due to financial responsibility we are probably going to be done at 3. If in a year after I give birth and we have the financial means to support a 4th child and my body decides it's up for a 6th pregnancy/delivery we may contemplate it.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 PM

Right now I have 3, they are 6, 4 and 23 months and our 4th is due in about two months.  We'll definitely have at least two more.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 PM

i have 2, Merrik whom turned 3 april and Asher who will turn 2 in october, i really want a girl. but im scared! i feel depressed cuz all i am is a sahm! like i dont bring anything in but my ssi.... i feel bad, but at the same time i want to try one more time for a girl before im 30 and i just turned 26... any suggestions for me girls? lol

Full time student and stay at  home mom for my 2 awesomely cool boys, Merrik Orian 4-12-08, Asher Drake 10-11-09. They are my world!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM

i would love more kids. i can't really tell people this because people think it is crazy and so i usually keep it to myself. we have 6.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 07-15-2011, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I have one and she's 3 weeks old. I hope to have another one within 2 years' time so she can have a playmate. And also to be done with the baby years all at once.... 

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM

I have 3 and would really like one more (or twins) and then be DONE!!! A girl would be great since I already have 3 boys but another boy would be awesome too. Dh wants to be DONE since all the little ones are kind of overwhelming to him (they are 5, 2.5, and 5 months). They are good kids though and dh loves them to bits. He said he will only have another child if we have money saved in the bank (he actually gave an exact amount!!) and I am helping to bring money in (I'm a SAHM right now but he wants me to go back to work) :( If money wasn't an issue I'd def go to 5 or 6! I've been through multiple m/c's in the past and I am 33 so don't know what will happen... fx-ed!

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 AM

This is something that I think about daily. I have 2 girls 6 & 3. They are awesome layed back kids. I want the pregnancy and the baby and the nursing. As much as I love SAH someday I want to have a career and be something else besides a butt wiper and milk pourer. I'm young (24) so I have time, but I don't want to do the work and get the career to give it up again in the future to SAH again. I love my girls and the flow we have and sometimes I'm scared that a 3rd would totally rock the boat.

Working from home Mommy. You can too. Ask me how!joy.gif

me loveeyes.gif & she surf.gifpartners.gif  TTC one of these makebabe.gif Proud Mommy to two of these energy.gif

Old 08-07-2011, 01:37 PM

I have three sons (ages 6, 4 and 2) and a baby girl on the way....so it will be four kids for us. And I am most certainly done. At 27 wks pregnant, some days I can barely deal with the ones I already have dizzy.gif

Old 08-16-2011, 04:29 PM

SO happy I found this thread.

Pregnant with #2.  The two boys will be barely 21 months apart.  It was a very rough second pregnancy for me and it's still hard some days.  I always imagined us having more, but there are times when I console myself by saying I never have to be pregnant again if I don't want to.  

Anyone find that their upbringing has had an influence on the # desired?  I am the oldest of 5 and I don't think I want that many.   DH is one of 7 and is adamant we won't have that many.  I love having babies, but babies grow into adults...and along the path to adulthood they need just as much attention, although of a different kind.  

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 PM

i've got one, 18m. i'm heading back to work in the fall and i'm excited about it, but i'm also really wanting another baby pretty soon. i'm so torn. on the one hand i think it's really important for my long-term career to have at least two solid years in my field before staying home again (since i would want to stay out for another 18 months at least), but on the other hand, adorable babies! it's so hard, i really want to experience pregnancy and infancy again... it is such a blur the first time but i vaguely remember enjoying myself! i also really enjoy our family as it is... our dd is so easy going, we have a great bond and i have time and energy for my partner, hobbies, relaxing etc. i'm kind of afraid of screwing with our balance! 

anyway, long story short, i've decided no way can i get pregnant during the coming school year. ideally i'd like to have the baby during the summer, so that means NEXT fall i can get pregnant again. sigh... i am not usually such a planner, i hope i'm making the right decision. 

Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoDiva View Post

Anyone find that their upbringing has had an influence on the # desired?  I am the oldest of 5 and I don't think I want that many.   DH is one of 7 and is adamant we won't have that many.  I love having babies, but babies grow into adults...and along the path to adulthood they need just as much attention, although of a different kind.  

Im the youngest of 3, my husband is the oldest of 5. He would like at least 5 but more would be great. I never had an "ideal" number. To me I love the large families I grew up around (large families weren't that uncommon where I lived from age 10 on.. we were "small" with three children) they were also so open and loving. My husband always wanted more siblings around (only 2 of his five siblings don't want larger sized families, both of them openingly admits to wishing to be only children because they didn't like sharing their parents).

I don't honestly think that upbringing for us had any real say in what we want. My parents were also "to busy" for us.. they did the "normal" parent stuff like take us to games and things like that but when it came down to it we ended up talking to friends parents or teachers because our parents never had time to listen. The only thing they made me want to be is a more loving and "there" parent for my children, not just a paycheck and taxi service (I know sounds harsh but thats what it felt like to all of us... both my brothers agree) but a full participant in their lives. I want to be there for when they really need someone and help them form themselves into a better person. My husbands parents always did their best to be there for their children which taught my husband what type of parent he wanted to be but not how many children he wanted.

I think the most deciding factor for both of us is we honestly love children. We use to volunteer as nursery workers at church and we loved being surrounded by all the children. It was actually sad saying bye at the end of the 2 hour block. It showed us how much we really would love being surrounded by our children. It was never perfect but it was always fun and there was always a lot of love to go around.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 08-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Yes, I want more. :)  I have  two, ages 3 and 1.  We plan on having 2 more children.

Mama to three

Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 AM

We have two girls, a 3 year old and a 10 month old. My DH is happy with things the way they are, but I want more. I can't imagine this being my last baby. I love babies, I want more babies! DH told me to become a doula or start a day care or something. He just doesn't understand. I also really want a boy. I try to get DH on that angle and he doesn't really care. I think ultimately, since we are both so young and I stay at home, it is my decision. His day-to-day life wouldn't change that much.

I want to try for another when DD weans (hopefully a year or more from now). 

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM

I always thought I would have 3. Maybe because I come from a family with 3 kids. But now that we have 2, I think I'm done. I really don't like being pregnant and I just think I will be able to provide more and give more to my kids if I only have 2. Right now I am in the sleepless nights phase with my 3 month old. I really don't want to go through this again. Time will tell. I'd say I'm 90% sure I'm done. 

Old 09-07-2011, 02:06 PM

Yes, I'm the oldest of three, and DH is the middle of five.  I'd thought 3-4 would be cool, and he wanted 4-5, so four was the magic number for us.  We now have three girls and one boy, ages 8-13, and although I've often dreamed of having a 5th (I love the baby stage), I realized I always got that feeling when one of the kids was absent.  That automatically made things easier.  My family is overseas, and I take the kids to visit every year, plus I'd love to travel with the kids now that they're older; financially, it's just not feasible with more kids.  So, to my son's great regret, I'm done.  He would dearly love to have younger siblings so that he wouldn't be the baby anymore, lol!  Our solution was for me to start "nanny"-ing part-time for our next-door neighbor - an almost 2yo now.  The kids adore the baby, I enjoy him, and I can hand him off at the end of the day and enjoy my big kids :)

Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 PM

I have 3 kids. My boys are almost 7 and 5 and my dd is 21 months. In theory, I would love 1 or 2 more kids. In practicality we are done. I am almost 35 and the reality is that I have my hands full with the three I have. We want to travel as a family and I think that would be difficult with a larger family. I miss having a newborn and a nursling, but I am enjoying the freedom that comes with fewer naps and being out of the baby stage.  

Proud Mommy to my amazing boys (6 and 4) and my precious little girl (18 months).

Old 09-08-2011, 07:41 PM

I had to post in this thread after a conversation I had with DH the other day. He's been saying that he doesn't want any more after this one is born(this will be #2) and I've been kind of bummed about that, but I just keep saying that we'll wait until #2 is older and then see how we feel. The other day, I was telling him about a friend of ours and how she had her 4th baby unassisted. DH's response was, "I could see us doing that with the next one." I was like, "Oh, so you DO want another one?" His response was, "Thanks, Freud."

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

Old 09-18-2011, 12:24 AM

I have 2 and will definitely have more :) I love babies. I'm only 27 so I have many, many years to have more. I want Dd and Ds to grow up a little more before the inevitable diversion of attention to a new baby though. Like I said, plenty of time.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Alden View Post

This thread is over 2 years old!  So fascinating to read peoples responses and then read their signature.  Mamas who said no more and then had another.  Mamas who wanted more but never had them.  Losses.  Adoptions.  Interesting how unpredictable life is.  We have 3 and would like 1 or 2 more.  I wonder what our family will look like in a couple of years.

LOL, I know! It's very interesting!

I'm pregnant with twins now, so this will be 8 total, and we are DONE!! I've finally reached my limit, I never thought that would happen, but it did. I'm getting too old & worn out for this.

User Tag List