Zero energy days - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 35 Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have four lo's and i'm having a low energy day today...the sun is shining, they are happy and playing together, and i can't seem to get too much done...i have put away a bunch of laundry, tidied bedrooms and the kitchen, and still have lots to do.

i try to enjoy these days, though, because i know someday it'll be SO busy all the time because of schedules and school (instead of just so many little people) and we'll HAVE to be go, go, go all the time. so enjoy it now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 05-02-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaClaudia View Post
yeah.. 3.5 years into the baby business I learned to accept them, embrace them and respect them :
now I am in peace when them come and just go with the flow.

I decided that they are here for a reason..
night time nursings when my milk supply is low and she is
working it up, or when she is sick or having growth spurt..

and my busy days ago and my period or my being bit under the weather
and low preassure day or no sun day..

and I wake up and feel like I can't think of one thing to do.

I just see that my energy level is super low and I need to respect my body need for rest so I switch to survival mode as I call it and
now it is all cool.

I might have one or few days like that and I do not fight it.
I just vacum the floor at best so it lifts up my spirits as it makes major difference.

and everythign else just.. baby steps and only necessities.

then after few days my energy jumps up and I know I am back in business and I do what I can do.

I learned to respect that my body can only do that much. Hving to produce milk all the time is a full time job.. did I say full time?..
make it 24/7 so it is like three jobs really :-)

that is why I might sometime not realize that my body is just tired but it is and going against it might bring some serious things. it is all about balance of nutrients and energy that mands the body so I decided to obey.

somehow it is that if the house is clean then my energy jumps faster back and looking at the mess sucks my energy out so I am trying to sneak up bits and pieces of ceaning where I sit most to rebuild my energy as mess is like visual noise that makes me tired even if I do nothing..

so other thing is just cooking and feeding basics and then just recovering. I htink it is totally fair.

as to excersizing. forget it. my body has enough of physical strain as is and I think that excersizing is good for someone who jsut needs to burn energy as doing nothing all day. I have plenty to do and make milk and my body needs all the energy to do so. :-)

hugs
I love this.

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

#33 of 35 Old 05-04-2009, 04:40 PM

I'm having one of those days today. I knew when I woke up that I wasn't going to have any energy, and I'm just going with it. Fortunately my son had preschool today, so I was able to slack off at the computer all morning, interspersed with a minimal amount of dishwashing, chicken-cooking, and laundry.
#34 of 35 Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 PM

We have days like that every once and a while, they are getting less frequent as DD gets older (almost 10 months). I actually feel good about them. I am one of those people that is always involved in some type of chore, usually "on the ball" with everything, so if a day comes a long that I don't do anything except relax, nurse and change a few diapers- I enjoy it. It probably helps that my DH doesn't give me any flak about it either.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#35 of 35 Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM

I'm having one of those day also! I chalk it up to me being about 9 days from my due date!

Kathleen SAHM to Jade 10/14/03, Aiden 2/2/06, and Hunter 5/14/09 Wife to Rob 3/28/03
I'm new to: treehugger.gif sewmachine.gif  chicken3.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page