SAHM Routines For Moms Who's Kids go to school! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2009, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I seriously need some routine, but it all went out of the window when son started school.

Anyone have a routine of things they do everyday with their LO at school???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't have a routine other than to get a few loads of laundry or do dishes, grocery shopping.

I also have a 3 yr old to take care of during the day but he is in preschool for roughly 2 hours a day 5days a week.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 PM

routine? what's that? HAHA... I have 3 in school and 2 still hoem with me. I'm still getting used to how quiet it is! I have no routine, I just try to straighten up a little and I am LOVING having some extra time with the little ones

♥ SAHM to my 5 kiddos ♥
2/01, 12/02, 4/05, 7/06 and 10/08
Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 PM

I am very interested to hear about this, too. DS started all day kindergarten, so most of the day I am on my own with DD, but she is at preschool 2x/week for 3 hours. We are getting into a routine for when DS is in school, but I am feeling a little lost when it comes to Kid-Free Time.

There is so little of it that I am undecided as to how it should be spent. I am trying to do things that are difficult or impossible to do with the kids (schedule Dentist/hair appts, shop for clothing, etc.) but I have also scheduled a massage one day (special one time thing) and I have a voice in the back of my head that says this is a great time to clean out the basement or paint the bathroom. The other voice says drink the coffee and read the paper.

I guess I'm wondering how people decide what is the most effective or rewarding way to spend the time.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 PM

My youngest just goes half days, so I have about 2 1/2 hours per day. I work one day per week, but my idea is that I will volunteer one morning per week (alternating week driving meals on wheels and volunteering at the boys' school), one day will be cleaning and organizing the house, one day will be coffee with a friend followed by errands, and the last will be my project day (scrapbooking, sewing, etc.).

So far it's been shot all to heck with filling in unexpectedly at work and other unplanned happenings (conference with teachers, babysitting niece, etc.). But I keep hoping that the following week will run more smoothly!

I also have good intentions of having dinner ready in the morning (in the crock pot or prepped or what not). Yeah, that hasn't been happening yet.

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)

User Tag List