Stress - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I just needed a place to vent a little bit. First off I love being a SAHM, my son is a very busy little man and keeps me running most of the time, he just turned 19 months old. I am also a highly motivated person, I tend to do things to the extreme, my house is always clean I exercise (a fairly extreme exercise) every day... etc. I seem think that since I SAH I need to do everything and do it really well, I don't have any excuse, I don't go to work...blah blah blah. When I did work I worked a fairly high intensity job or 2 jobs, it is pretty much a personality thing. I also am the communications director for our org. and I live in a community so I cook a few community meals a week as well as clean the community kitchen and do chicken chores, etc.
So when I write all of it down it is fine and dandy, I see that I do do quite a bit but for some reason it never seems like enough.

OK, so just recently I went to the chiro for a rash that I have and also because my back has been in a lot of pain. She did a heat read on me and it is showing that I am off the scale out of whack, she said that my muscles are full of toxins, basically I have severe stress, we eat well and are fairly holistic so it is not an environmental toxin it really has to be that much stress! What the heck am I doing to myself?

I love to write I write a blog of my own I write for Attachment Parenting International (for free) and I write for our org as well as working on 2 books on and off. But I don't really have a relax hobby. I don't even know what I would do as far as that goes. I also play music and have a band, I enjoy it a lot but I don't really think that is a relax thing either.

So I guess I am just venting, getting this out somewhere, I don't really expect any answers I guess but just want to be heard. Thanks for reading!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Whew! I got tired reading your post! You are very, very busy, and it sounds like this is what you want. But is it possible that you keep busy to avoid dealing with something?

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well in some ways it is what I want except that I think it is actually causing more stress than anything, what I really want is to be able to feel content with doing less and that is what I am working towards. I am pretty sure that I am just "avoiding" dealing with that I don't feel very useful unless I am doing doing doing.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM

You sound a bit like me. I'm home with DD, and it's so much fun. I work from 6am-3pm, and I like to cook, take DD for walks, put on music while I clean in the afternoon. I do have some hobbies, but I always manage to turn them into large projects or obligations. I've recently gotten into baking, so for the holidays, I decided to make gift baskets for everyone. Then I just HAD to hand-make an elaborate stocking for DD's first christmas. I love to knit, so I've decided to try designing my own patterns, and then realized I could set up an Etsy store and sell them... It's like a disease! I'm enjoying it, but it's annoying sometimes, because if/when I stop, I feel a different kind of stress. I got sick and couldn't finish the stocking, and I still feel bad about it .

Remember to take care of yourself! I try to keep in mind that DD is my most important obligation, and she needs a healthy mommy.

WAHM to Ladybug (13 months) and Bumblebee
Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 PM

I'm sure you are a great mom! but I have to wonder how all this affects your dc. They are very perceptive.... do you think he will ever wonder why just spending quality time with him was not enough? my kids are now 3 and 5. They are both so busy playing w/ each other, classes, friends etc, that the days where they want to just hang out, play with mom and snuggle are almost over. I would advise take a vacation from this busy life you are creating and RELAX with your baby. lay on the floor and color, read books, finger paint, legos, puzzles, cook fun food together.

User Tag List