5. More. Weeks! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been puttin' in time as a WOHM for this school year (I had tenure, DH had poor job stability). We just started our last unit of study this week, I have almost everything photocopied and everything planned out in detail. I just need to grade SO much stuff (I have serious spring fever and keep procrastinating... esp now that they unblocked MDC on our network!) and ride out the last month. And it would be nice if DH's job hunt paid off soon! Then.... School's out foreeeeeeever! DD is SO excited. I'm glad she and DH had this year together, I really am... but I feel I've lost my mama mojo (so tired and it's hard for me to be the best teacher and the best mom I want to be) and the same level of connection I used to have with her. I know it will be a transition back... getting back into the homemaking habits DH has taken over (well, some just haven't been done for a year, blech, unless I did them occassionally)... but I'm SO excited!!!! I loved being a SAHM and this job went from part time like every other day to much more like full time (b/c of my school assignment and schedule) so I really mourned that as it slipped away w/o my even realizing... but the end is finally in sight!
#2 of 3 Old 05-20-2010, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Congratulations!!! I have five more months and I share your excitement. I'll be going on mat leave and then staying home again like I did with DS until the last few months when finances made me return. Now we've straightened things out and this time I'll be at home for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have lost my mama mojo and I can't believe how fast it happened. I feel so much more committed to work because I can relax and get things done in a 8 hour stretch compared to two rushed hours in the morning and two cranky hours in the evening at home. I'm really looking forward to getting all that time with my family and my house back. They both are in dire need of some TLC.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#3 of 3 Old 05-21-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ah, exactly! I'm pregnant and I just use up all my energy with 40 teens clamoring for my attention all day... I come home and can barely stay awake, let alone want to hear anyone talk at all

I really love being a SAHM and now it's like 4 weeks and one day! It feels so good letting myself remember how wonderful it was... and will be!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page