I pay mine $20/hour each. They're a mother & daughter team and they come for between 1 & 1.5 hours per week, so I pay between $40 and 60 per week.
In that time they do:
- 2 fullbathrooms top to bottom
- vaccuum entire house (about 1800 square feet, open concept with central vac so fairly easy as far as vaccuuming goes)
- wash all floors (about 900 square feet as we have some carpet)
- dust surfaces (we're minimal/modern with few nick nacks so this is easy)
- various extras every week, depending on how much time the have left over - could be washing a few windows, cleaning out the micorwave, sorting recycling, whatever they see that needs doing.
They are willing to laundry and the kitchen but I don't ask them to because I do those things on a daily basis anyway.
I should say that this is a very good deal. I tried out a few other cleaners and all were more expensive and not nearly as good.
Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.