New SAHM to a 14mo and newborn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-23-2010, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies... I'll be joining this section of the board as now I am a SAHM.

I stayed at home when my first was born up until he was 4 months due to financial cirscumstances. I remember how hard it was with him especially because of the acid reflux. We spent many days boucning on a ball.

So, now that my DH is the provider again, it was decided that I should stay home for a number of reasons. First, we knew it was going to be extremely difficult for my MIL to watch both babies. Second, we lived on a very small budget for almost a year and did wonderful! We have our stressful moments but thanks to God, we always had a way to keep a roof over our head and food on the table. Third, we were not putting them in day care. It's something I had to put my foot down on. I don't want my boys in day care.

Alas, I am a SAHM as of this past week with an introduction to a bag case of a sore throat. My DS is extremely sensitive and this past week has been painful for him. He's feeling much better now and in much better spirits.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on how to take care of a newborn (who will be nursed) and keeping a 14 month old entertained. My son loves walks so we invested in a BOB Duallie jogging stroller. I also plan to get this baby weight off ASAP. I'm so excited about it all, but so nervous on how I am going to do it especially since I see a lot of vents from SAHMommies.

Wife to Jesse - Mommy to Corigan 4/09 & Hayden 7/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page