Heading to SAHMing! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-27-2010, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are beginning the process of relocating, and DH and I are going to switch roles- I'll actually get to be a SAHM to my two littlest. I was a SAHM after my first was born, but have WOH since she was about 2. She is now nearing nine and I have a 23 month old and a 9 month old and I feel like I've really missed being home with them. I'm so happy to hand over the income responsibilities to DH so I can focus on family full time!

Even more exciting is that we're moving from a very isolated rural area to an area near a large city. Yay- culture! Museums! Galleries! Playgroups!

I'm having to give up a lot personally to make this happen, so I'm really focusing on the positives at this point. In the meantime, I wanted to jump in here because it's been a while since I lived this path in life, and I'm trying to remind myself that it isn't all rainbows and unicorns, but it really is a good thing for our family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Congratulations! What an exciting time of change for you. I am also heading over to this side - Aug 20 will be my last day of work. I SAH for 1 year after DS was born but felt like I had to go back for $. Within a few months DH and I knew it was a mistake so back home I go and I am beyond excited, though the financial sacrifices will be hard at times.

I think it's good to remind ourselves that it won't be all unicorns and rainbows. Though sometimes I let myself think it will be - I've had a few holiday days lately and they have been pure bliss. Good days in our house are REALLY good and they far outnumber the bad. My challenge will be to keep it that way.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#3 of 3 Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Days when I am able to be home are just so much more together than days I can't be. For us it makes complete sense, it was just a challenge to actually make it happen.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page