SAHM lonely in Nashua, NH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having a hard time with the loneliness and challenges of being a SAHM with 2 under 3yo. I'm looking for playgroups or even just a friend or two who actually want to get together occasionally.

We're semi-crunchy in that we co-sleep, baby-wear, extended breastfeeding, baby-led feeding/weaning, delayed/selective vax. We just had to stop cloth diapering because we don't have a w/d and the service was to expensive but I am hoping to get back to it when we move out of this apartment in April.

Anyone wanna be my friend?

xposted in my Tribe

Allyson ~ wife to C (1/20/07), mummy to E (1/13/08) , S (7/12/2010)
We're A C E S
#2 of 6 Old 08-19-2010, 09:50 PM

I understand.

I live too far away but I will be your online friend.
#3 of 6 Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Responding to your cross post. :-)
#4 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 11:09 AM

I am sorry you are feeling lonely, I identify. I am not yet a stay at home mom, but I will be soon. I am 8 months pregnant and have been a stay at home wife for almost a year. I live in a very rural area in PA and my husband works long hours, a few days a week. He will help me with chores I cant do on my own, but other than that it feels like he just wants to escape family life whenever he can. I understand his need for "space" but I am growing more lonely. Last night he asked me to go to a friends house with him. As I was standing in the bathroom dripping wet from a shower, trying to get ready, he made it clear that he didnt think I would want to go, and in fact he just wanted to go by himself. I felt so rejected. I am emotional and hormonal, lonely and desperate. I lived several years in a very diverse and "crunchy" town, with lots of friends and a healthy social life. Now, I barely leave the house. I am sorry to be a downer, but I am struggling for support. I hope your husband is supportive of you staying home, it is such an important thing to do for your family and children.
#5 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmoonshine~mama View Post
I am sorry you are feeling lonely, I identify. I am not yet a stay at home mom, but I will be soon. I am 8 months pregnant and have been a stay at home wife for almost a year. I live in a very rural area in PA and my husband works long hours, a few days a week. He will help me with chores I cant do on my own, but other than that it feels like he just wants to escape family life whenever he can. I understand his need for "space" but I am growing more lonely. Last night he asked me to go to a friends house with him. As I was standing in the bathroom dripping wet from a shower, trying to get ready, he made it clear that he didnt think I would want to go, and in fact he just wanted to go by himself. I felt so rejected. I am emotional and hormonal, lonely and desperate. I lived several years in a very diverse and "crunchy" town, with lots of friends and a healthy social life. Now, I barely leave the house. I am sorry to be a downer, but I am struggling for support. I hope your husband is supportive of you staying home, it is such an important thing to do for your family and children.
macmoonshine~mama, I'm sorry your husband is being so insensitive. Have you considered talking to him about your feelings? It's important to do things individually, but it's also important to do things as a couple and as a family. I find that, although I'm a homebody by nature, being home full time makes me want to get out more often than when I was working. For instance, I usually want to do something fun on the weekend and occasionally during the week, as well.

I encourage you to make new friends and establish a sense of community. Have you tried posting in your tribe? Every mama needs mama friends IRL. I know it's hard meeting new people, but it's the only way to break the lonely mama blues. I also recommend attending LLL meetings. I haven't gone myself yet, but it has been highly recommended to me. It is advisable to go before you have a baby, so that you have support during the beginning of your nursing relationship (if you choose to nurse).

Best of luck to you~
#6 of 6 Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 PM

Check out meetup.com too. Even if you don't find a group that has people as "crunchy" as you, it does give you an opportunity to get out and talk to people, do things and meet for palydates.

SAHM to 5 cats, a crazy toddler and my new baby girl born at home 3/12/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page