any one suck at keeping their house clean?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhouse View Post

Dull women have immaculate houses. A fridge magnet one of the kids bought for me!

I like that! I agree with the poster who said, what's the point? I really only feel like I need to clean when someone is coming over. DP works out of town all week so it is just me and the kids. I spend TOO much time on the internet because I feel utterly alone if I don't. I like a clean house, but I lack the motivation to DO it.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

This is what has helped me:

Do it now!!!   Yeah, sometimes it's impossible with LOs, but at least ASAP helps a lot.  Otherwise it just turns into clutter and never gets done.  And I don't know whether it acutally takes more time to wipe off the table once at the end of the day than after every meal, but it sure lifts your spirits to have it look good whenever you see it.

The bedtime routine:  You may not be at your baseline, but if it can be as good when you go to bed as when you got up, you're doing ok. 

Think about stations:  This is like the PP said about having the vaccuum close to the living room.   Organize things where you need them and will use and put them away properly and know where they are.

Teach your kids to clean up after themselves:  Easier said than done, but it's worth a try.

And of course, remember that your family is first.  Keeping a decent house helps everyone's sanity, but when the kids come first, it won't always be great.

User Tag List