Preventing Cabin Fever when snowed in? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It rarely snows where I live. So when we do get flakes, the whole city shuts down. Officials ask everyone to stay home unless absolutely necessary.

How do you keep from going stir-crazy? DD is 3 and this is the first time she understood snow...and she didn't like it. It took an hour of arguing to get all the snow clothes on so we could walk around the yard. DH is able to work from home but this makes me nuts; it's never clear when he's working or on break, and even though we tried to communicate about this in the morning we still had misunderstandings and hurt feelings.

I wouldn't drive in these conditions and our local bus route was cancelled so I couldn't visit friends or shop.

I'm going to make friends with neighbors with young kids (whether they want to or not smile.gif). But what else will help? I'm used to DD being in school in the morning and me having an outing in the evening (volunteer work or exercise). The days were sooooo long.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-28-2010, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

We go out unless it is a really nasty blizzard but we live in Colorado! When school gets canceled, we play outside a lot, go sledding in the yard, make hot chocolate, bake cookies, break out some art and craft projects.... Sometimes my older kids get to pick out a movie, I will make popcorn and we settle into the living room. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 3 Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know the feeling. I'm glad we only get 1 or 2 days of snow/ice each winter. But on those days, I'd probably take advantage and make hot chocolate, do some sort of craft, bake, build a fort or something and enjoy it, but then again, we only get 1 or 2 days each winter, so it's a nice fun forced break! I live in Texas :)

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page