What's your day like? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-31-2010, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If you have little little ones (so no school) What's your schedule look like? What do you try to accomplish in a day? Do you do certain things on certain days? (Wash day? Grocery day?)

I'm ready (in July when new babe comes) to make the change from being a WOH/WAH to a SAH/WAH, and need help organizing my time. I will only have to WAH part time. The more strict the better! I need structure and can't function in "oh whenever" world.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#2 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

nak...well, this is what is supposed to happen, not wht always does, lol! I WAH PT as well and my kiddos are nearly 10 months and 4 in April. I usually just set my laptop up at the kitchen table, which in my tiny house is in sight of most of the other space :) We don't go out much and cleaning happens kind of throughout the day as we are doing other things.  Oh, and I try to do a "big" chore a day, like Vacuum everywhere Monday, mop Tuesday, Grocery shopping Wed., Bathroom on Friday, etc. just to spread it out a bit.

7-8 am Wake up, work for an hour or so while kiddos play/eat breakfast.

9-10 amStraighten up, get ready for outing if we are going somewhere.

10 am Outing or playtime, cleaning or work for me.

11 ish Put the baby down for a nap (or let the baby nap on my lap more usually!)

If baby goes down alone, this is one-on-one time for dd plus getting lunch ready. and more cleaning.

12ish: Eat lunch.

12:30 Outside time if it is nice out. OTherwise playtime, cleaning time, or maybe going out somewhere.

2 or 3 pm Work for me-dp comes home early some days for me to work or I work while they play. I generally get interrupted about 50 times during this time, but I do what I can!  The baby needs to nurse down for his second nap somewhere in here too.

5 pm Get dinner started

5:30 or 6 pm Eat dinner

6:30  Bathtime if they need a bath, otherwise quiet play.

7 pm Get teeth brushed, jammies on, storytime

7:30 or 8 pm: Lights out for dd.  Pray that ds goes to sleep sometime soon too, usually not :)

Back to work again as soon as I get the kids to bed, though ds usually only sleeps for 1-2 hours before I have to put him back to sleep.  Repeat until I can't stay awake anymore! 

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#3 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well we're not on a schedule. I have a 3 year old with ADHD and some sensory processing issues, and a 8 month old. We wake up around 7 am - 9 am, eat breakfest, sit around for a bit and fully wake up. Then we play, might do some songs, read, color, do puzzles, play with the wedgy blocks. Then around 11 am - noon it's lunch time. We eat lunch and then continue to play, pick up a bit, maybe do some crafts. ds2 will nap but ds1 will not. We'll play until super time and then we eat around 5 pm - 6 pm. After that we'll play some more or read but it will be more of quiet time as ds2 goes to bed around 7:30 pm  or 8 pm. We play mostly, but I do homeschool ds1 some so we do a lot of educational play, reading, crafts, and other things like that. In the spring, summer, fall we're outside a lot as we're indoors a lot for the winter. ds1 does go sledding and plays outside some, but not much because I can't take ds2 out in the cold and snow.

~Attatchment and Natural Parent from instincts not from books to my 2 boys~ Childbirth Educator & Placental Encapsulation Professional
homeschool.gif familybed2.gif homebirth.jpgribbonpb.gif
#4 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 06:17 AM

We have a rhythm to our days.  I find that they slip away otherwise (and if we want to go somewhere, it feels all rushed and discombobulated; not the feelings I want for our life). 

wake

drink milk/coffee/wake up/watch Curious George :)

breakfast

get dressed

some AM chores--make beds, wipe down bathroom, empty dishwasher

this is our major "get stuff done" block.  Playdates, deep cleaning (occasionally), parks, play outside, structured play with Mama, errands, library, grandma's house, etc.  My baby likes to sleep late, then takes an on-the-go nap sometime in here. He sleeps pretty good in the car/stroller/in arms.

if we stay home, we go on a 1.5 mile walk just before lunch

Lunch around 12

rest time (everyone rests; baby and 2 year old sleep; 4 year old occasionally sleeps; mama occasionally sleeps)--Mama uses this time to *rest* my brain/surf/craft/blog

Active playtime--usually outside, but sometimes inside, too

3:30 pm start dinner prep.  This is crazy early, but by doing it this early, I am not rushed, and remember, I hate the rushed feeling.  So, if it's relaxed, it's no big deal to break to nurse the baby or whatever.

5:30-- Daddy's home!!
between 5:30 and 6--supper

playtime with the boys

baths if needed

7:30--bedtime for all the kids

9:30ish (sometimes earlier! LOL)-- bedtime for grownups

#5 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 AM

We try to follow a rhythm too! During winter we stay home a lot but do go for walks : ) In the spring/summer/fall we are at local playgrounds, gardening etc 

Wake up 

(sometimes babe wakes up before DD so we go downstairs quietly to let her sleep and I make coffee etc) 

Nourish our bodies with breakfast 

Clean up kitchen & do whatever big chore for the day I have planned (I am trying to declutter) 

Homeschool stuff (letter of the day, craft ect) 

Prep for lunch 

Eat! 

Clean up from lunch 

Quiet time [babe plays or naps and DD is allowed to watch Youtube or something] 

Creative play while I do some more stuff on my to do list

Dinner Prep 

Dinner! 

Baths/stories/play bed around 7pm

And in between that do do museum days, play dates, family time, nature time, pot luck dinners etc 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page