"This is why I'm doing this..." moments... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Being a SAHM is anything but easy, but it's so very worth it. Whenever I am down, I try and think of the moments of the day that make doing what I am doing, worth it. Some of mine are:

- Being able to cook a wonderful, healthy meal for my family (almost) every day.

- Being able to drop everything and play with my baby for an hour because, heck, I'm my own boss!

- Being able to take baby and go visit the hubby at work for lunch.

- Being able to spend lots of time cuddling and rocking my little baby.

- Being the main care giver to my little one and knowing all of what goes on in her day.

What are some of the moments for you?

Mama femalesling.GIF of a sweet little daughter diaper.gif , born 7/10/2010. Married to my dream boat of a hubby partners.gif, 8/20/2009.

#2 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM

OOooo i like this :)

i am a stay at home mama because i know that i am the only one (besides my dh, but he is off at work) who can love them unconditionally even when its beyond challenging to.

i do this because it feels great at the end of the day to look around and be proud of the way my house is being run. i have the time and energy to do things that i never thought of when i used to work.

i do this because out of the blue, my ds1 will stop and hug his baby brother, for no reason, then continue about his day. i like to think that my approach to parenting has something to do with his kindness and thoughfulness.

i do this because i love informing my dh of cute things the boys did during the day.

i do this because it makes me feel like the glue in our family. i feel like the time spent working on the house, doing chores, playing with kids and cooking brings us together so beautifully

<3

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#3 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBombMama View Post

OOooo i like this :)

i am a stay at home mama because i know that i am the only one (besides my dh, but he is off at work) who can love them unconditionally even when its beyond challenging to.

i do this because it feels great at the end of the day to look around and be proud of the way my house is being run. i have the time and energy to do things that i never thought of when i used to work.

i do this because out of the blue, my ds1 will stop and hug his baby brother, for no reason, then continue about his day. i like to think that my approach to parenting has something to do with his kindness and thoughfulness.

i do this because i love informing my dh of cute things the boys did during the day.

i do this because it makes me feel like the glue in our family. i feel like the time spent working on the house, doing chores, playing with kids and cooking brings us together so beautifully

<3

Wow mama, you have a wonderful way with words! What you wrote was so beautiful, seriously gave me goosebumps. I completely one million percent agree with all you said, especially about being the glue within our families.

MomtoDandJ likes this.

Mama femalesling.GIF of a sweet little daughter diaper.gif , born 7/10/2010. Married to my dream boat of a hubby partners.gif, 8/20/2009.

#4 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
i do this because it makes me feel like the glue in our family. 

very well put cherrybomb. I like this thread megannt. 

Today my 8 mth old decided to cuddle on me for the first time. Like a big kid would. She was content for a good 5 minutes just laying in my arms. I made a mental note and thought "everything was worth it, for just this moment"

and I hope you both don't mind if I just print out your lists and put them on my fridge wink1.gif

always celebrating guitar.gif

#5 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 PM

I'm doing this because I know I am missing nothing!

I have been there for every first, every fall, every tantrum, every "I yove you too mama!".

Priceless

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

#6 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Jumping in here, too!

Thank you for starting this thread :) It's comforting to hear other SAHMs express satisfaction with their parenting choices. The improvement in the way our family runs with me SAHM (compared to when I was working) is almost palpable. Some days are more challenging than others, but we are a much more content family unit now! It works for us -- wouldn't work for every family (and that's okay, too!), but it definitely works for ours.

#7 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megannt View Post

Wow mama, you have a wonderful way with words! What you wrote was so beautiful, seriously gave me goosebumps. I completely one million percent agree with all you said, especially about being the glue within our families.

awww thank you :)

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#8 of 11 Old 04-06-2011, 07:06 AM

My kids are so happy, and I like to think it's because I choose to raise them and teach them myself. 

I love the impromptu moments of stay-at-home-parenting; when we decide to just ditch everything and spend the day swimming up in the woods (a good drive from us) or just rolling in Central Park and getting lunch at a little sidewalk cafe. I get to plan our day and I love the little fun, inexpensive things that are available to us if we dig around a bit. 

I love teaching my children. I love reading blogs, gathering craft inspiration, and making plans. My favorite part of our learning is sharing the books I read/adored as a child..and building a collection!

No one will love my children like I do, and I'm happy that they can experience this incredibly feeling! 

I like making a home. I like baking, crafting, and being home and cozy. It's warm 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#9 of 11 Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommariffic 

I love the impromptu moments of stay-at-home-parenting; when we decide to just ditch everything and spend the day swimming up in the woods (a good drive from us) or just rolling in Central Park and getting lunch at a little sidewalk cafe. I get to plan our day and I love the little fun, inexpensive things that are available to us if we dig around a bit. 

It's warm 

This is awesome! Wow, I value this so much. Some days we go to the beach, some days we go to the city. I would have to fit all of that into a weekend and we would be tired. I am excited for this too as dd gets older. Thanks for bringing this up.

always celebrating guitar.gif

#10 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 AM

Every single night I think of how happy I am to be home for my kids. 2 of them are in school,3rd & 4th grade, & our little one is 13 months old.
I breathe for them, I live being the mommy that makes sure they have everything done that they need, bring gentle with them. When it gets crazy one of them will just stop, hug me and tell me how much they love me.
I am pretty sick right now, my epilepsy is bad. The boys love helping with their sister & making sure I'm ok too.
I wouldn't trade this craziness for anything. We are a very loving family and let each other know all the time.
One of my favorite part of the day is when they get home from school they run to me & Charlotte, & their daddy, hug us & tell us they love us & missed us. Then get wild lol
Because of my epilepsy we have came up with a phrase. Anytime I make a loud noise or drop something, someone says " I heard a thump!" so I have to quickly reply with "I'm ok!" or they come running to check on me lol.
#11 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 AM

I want to be able to see every new thing that DS discovers. And I know that no one can care for him as well as I can.

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page