how many cups of coffee do you drink?! - Mothering Forums
1 2 
Stay at Home Parents > how many cups of coffee do you drink?!
CherryBombMama's Avatar CherryBombMama 04:03 PM 04-20-2011

im dying for the third one and its only 3pm 

newbymom05's Avatar newbymom05 04:08 PM 04-20-2011

I avg around 3, but now I'm finally done nursing I expect my intake to go waaaaay up. OTOH, now that I'm done nursing maybe I won't need it. I love, love, love coffee, can't live without it.

Peony's Avatar Peony 04:35 PM 04-20-2011

Two a day, but umm, they are HUGE cups. Like the venti size at starbucks. shy.gif And I have to have some other sort of caffeine boost after lunch to get me through the afternoon, like a soda usually. 

mbhf's Avatar mbhf 05:37 AM 04-22-2011

4-12. bag.gif I was under the impression that that was pretty normal until I read this thread.

earthymama2be's Avatar earthymama2be 06:09 AM 04-22-2011
I usually have one and a half cups (more on weekends though), and I also have maybe 2 cups of caffeinated tea in the afternoon
SubliminalDarkness's Avatar SubliminalDarkness 07:43 AM 04-22-2011

Usually two cups in the morning and that's it. I used to drink a lot more, but I really made a conscious choice to cut back. 

bignerpie's Avatar bignerpie 08:39 AM 04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhf View Post

4-12. bag.gif I was under the impression that that was pretty normal until I read this thread.

When I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding, I'm right there with you! I can drink coffee all day, every day.

Now, I drink 2-3, but I rarely finish a whole cup, so it's more like 1-2 full cups.

beebalmmama's Avatar beebalmmama 08:42 AM 04-22-2011

I drink 2 cups a day in the morning. Coffee in the afternoon is rare for me, although I love iced coffee and lattes and so more like 2-3 in the summer months. My digestion can't handle coffee very well later in the day and so that keeps me to my max of 2 a day usually. Dh thought we should cut back to 1 cup during the week and I asked, WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT?

mamaofprincesses's Avatar mamaofprincesses 10:39 AM 04-22-2011

I don't drink coffee, how's that for weird?

mommy212's Avatar mommy212 10:59 AM 04-22-2011

We only drink coffee on the weekends, because I can't be bothered to make it for myself when we are just eating yogurt and fruit for breakfast... On the weekends though I always make french toast, pancakes, big breakfasts with biscuits, ham and eggs or something like that and we always drink coffee with those, maybe 1-2 cups

samann1121's Avatar samann1121 01:35 PM 04-22-2011

I'm really sensitive to caffeine, and coffee (or alcohol, actually) of any kind or amount leaves me feeling dehydrated.  I usually have one decaf coffee of some sort once or twice a week.  I know I could get TONS done if I loaded up on caffeine, but I don't like the side effects it has on my body.

CherryBombMama's Avatar CherryBombMama 01:41 PM 04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebalmmama View Post

I drink 2 cups a day in the morning. Coffee in the afternoon is rare for me, although I love iced coffee and lattes and so more like 2-3 in the summer months. My digestion can't handle coffee very well later in the day and so that keeps me to my max of 2 a day usually. Dh thought we should cut back to 1 cup during the week and I asked, WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT?

biglaugh.gif

CherryBombMama's Avatar CherryBombMama 01:43 PM 04-22-2011

Quote:

does this mean four to TWELVE?! .... in a day?!? i dont think i can drink twelve cups of anything in a day

amj'smommy's Avatar amj'smommy 01:54 PM 04-22-2011

2 in the morning... sometimes I grab a lrg DD if I go out that day and occasionally 1 in the afternoon if I'm dragging.

insidevoice's Avatar insidevoice 02:00 PM 04-22-2011

Quote:

Yep, that's where I am most of the time.  I drink tons when breastfeeding, but my desire for coffee is just about gone with this pregnancy. :(

Chicky2's Avatar Chicky2 02:04 PM 04-22-2011

You must get thru a novel or three a week as much as you must have to pee.  rofl!

Quote:

I drink 2 a day.  One in the morning, one in the evening.  They are equivalent to a small coffee at Starbucks (whatever that is called--I don't get coffee out often).  Any more and I get sick.  Can't drink my dh's coffee, either, or it will make me throw up.   He can stand a spoon in his.

Chamomile Girl's Avatar Chamomile Girl 02:09 PM 04-22-2011
One cup in the AM and then another at around 3:00.
velochic's Avatar velochic 02:21 PM 04-22-2011

I drink about 1 cup a week, averaged out.  I LOVE coffee.  Love it, love it, love it.  I just knew that I shouldn't be drinking it and pretty much gave it up several years ago.  I have a lovely espresso/cappuccino maker at home and I make myself an authentic cappuccino every once in a while for "tea" (around 4:30pm) and have it with delicious amaretto cookies from Italy.  It's really just a time-out for me... a treat. 

We also drink Turkish coffee.  Dh is from Turkey and it's nice to have this authentic coffee that reminds us so much of being back "home" (for him).  His sister, who still lives in Istanbul, make the absolute BEST Turkish coffee.  In Turkey, they drink tea at breakfast and the coffee is a true "break" that they take around 11:00am.  It is usually taken with a light snack.  (Lunch isn't until 1 - 2 pm.)

So, for me, coffee is an "event".  Sometimes my neighbor drops in around this time and I make it for both of us.  It's rather ritualistic, even if the Italians do think that cappuccino after 10am is sacrilege and Turkish coffee is a mid-morning snack/digestiv.  During the day I drink about a gallon of plain old water each day.  Coffee... that's special.  Dh drinks (and I am honestly not exaggerating this) about 3 POTS (10 cups each) every day.  I don't see how he ever sleeps. 

mommariffic's Avatar mommariffic 08:44 AM 04-23-2011

I love my coffee. I have two beautifully big cups in the morning, and one late afternoon coffee to keep me going ... in the summer I keep a pitcher of iced in the fridge! 

tjjazzy's Avatar tjjazzy 09:55 AM 04-26-2011

i don't drink coffee. i drink French Vanilla capp when we're out and we stop at Tim Hortons so a few times a month maybe? i do like coke though but not in the morning. yuck!

Drummer's Wife's Avatar Drummer's Wife 10:12 AM 04-26-2011

Usually two cups a day.  I pretty much always have one in the morning and sometimes have one in the afternoon (right around when my kids get off school).

Now that I have a Keurig coffee maker it's so tempting to drink it more often b/c it's so easy.  I actually didn't start drinking a cup in the afternoon until I bought it, though I often had a cup of tea then, which I don't now.

Learning_Mum's Avatar Learning_Mum 10:47 PM 04-26-2011

I don't drink coffee but I did tea pretty much all day everyday. I could easily drink 8 cups a day.

ShanaV's Avatar ShanaV 09:45 AM 04-28-2011

2-3 large cups in the a.m. They're filled with ice cream too... I discovered that putting chocolate ice cream in your coffee makes it like a mocha! It's like adding cream and sugar... and chocolate... mmmmmmm...

Then often I will get a cappuccino or mocha in the afternoon while out & about.

getovermylife's Avatar getovermylife 09:50 AM 04-28-2011

I don't drink coffee. I do have this powdered cappuccino mix that I usually drink a cup of during the winter. Mostly I drink diet sodas, a 2 liter a day.

ChristyMarie's Avatar ChristyMarie 04:20 PM 04-28-2011

I have recently gotten down from 6 cups to 4.  Trying to get back to 3 which is *one* big cup.  6 just seems a bit excessive for me.

I only drink it first thing in the morning.  The rest of the day I drink water or caffeine-free tea.

Baby_Cakes's Avatar Baby_Cakes 04:29 PM 04-28-2011

What size cups are we talking here, ladies!?  lol.gif

I actually got my little food scale out and measured ounces, b/c i'm pg and trying to watch my intake.  So I drink roughly 2 cups with 4 oz of coffee itself a day.  If I want/need more than that by 3-4 pm, I'll make a pot of half caff and have another 4 oz cup.

CCJWGM's Avatar CCJWGM 09:05 PM 04-28-2011

Ditto for me on that whole post.  I need my coffee just to get through the day.  I'm trying to cut down on 2 or so cups and substituting with tea but still for the average day it's caffix.gif

Quote:

les_oiseau's Avatar les_oiseau 01:25 PM 05-02-2011

I have been TRYING to cut down but I usually drink an average of 2-6 in a day.... shy.gif  I guess that's better than 12 , lol! but still tooo much.

crunchymama514's Avatar crunchymama514 05:50 PM 05-02-2011

Exactly zero. shy.gif But I just have never liked the taste of coffee. Now green tea and iced tea I will drink. I drink probably 3 caffinated drinks a day between the two kinds of tea.

Spring Lily's Avatar Spring Lily 05:59 PM 05-02-2011
Zero. I like coffee a lot, but I'm too sensitive to caffeine so no coffee or tea for me. Just herbal teas.

I'm sure it would help me a lot in the mornings, I have SO much trouble getting the kids and I up and out of the house early.
1 2 

Up