im dying for the third one and its only 3pm 

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#2 of 40 Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I avg around 3, but now I'm finally done nursing I expect my intake to go waaaaay up. OTOH, now that I'm done nursing maybe I won't need it. I love, love, love coffee, can't live without it.

#3 of 40 Old 04-20-2011, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Two a day, but umm, they are HUGE cups. Like the venti size at starbucks. shy.gif And I have to have some other sort of caffeine boost after lunch to get me through the afternoon, like a soda usually. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#4 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 AM

4-12. bag.gif I was under the impression that that was pretty normal until I read this thread.

#5 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 05:09 AM

I usually have one and a half cups (more on weekends though), and I also have maybe 2 cups of caffeinated tea in the afternoon
#6 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 06:43 AM

Usually two cups in the morning and that's it. I used to drink a lot more, but I really made a conscious choice to cut back. 

#7 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhf View Post

4-12. bag.gif I was under the impression that that was pretty normal until I read this thread.

When I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding, I'm right there with you! I can drink coffee all day, every day.

Now, I drink 2-3, but I rarely finish a whole cup, so it's more like 1-2 full cups.

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

#8 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 07:42 AM

I drink 2 cups a day in the morning. Coffee in the afternoon is rare for me, although I love iced coffee and lattes and so more like 2-3 in the summer months. My digestion can't handle coffee very well later in the day and so that keeps me to my max of 2 a day usually. Dh thought we should cut back to 1 cup during the week and I asked, WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT?

#9 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 09:39 AM

I don't drink coffee, how's that for weird?

#10 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 09:59 AM

We only drink coffee on the weekends, because I can't be bothered to make it for myself when we are just eating yogurt and fruit for breakfast... On the weekends though I always make french toast, pancakes, big breakfasts with biscuits, ham and eggs or something like that and we always drink coffee with those, maybe 1-2 cups

#11 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 PM

I'm really sensitive to caffeine, and coffee (or alcohol, actually) of any kind or amount leaves me feeling dehydrated.  I usually have one decaf coffee of some sort once or twice a week.  I know I could get TONS done if I loaded up on caffeine, but I don't like the side effects it has on my body.

SAHM to Lucy energy.gif, born 4/26/2009. Etsy shop owner. sewmachine.gif  Lover of internet memes. geek.gif  Current and future unschooler.

#12 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebalmmama View Post

I drink 2 cups a day in the morning. Coffee in the afternoon is rare for me, although I love iced coffee and lattes and so more like 2-3 in the summer months. My digestion can't handle coffee very well later in the day and so that keeps me to my max of 2 a day usually. Dh thought we should cut back to 1 cup during the week and I asked, WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT?

biglaugh.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#13 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

does this mean four to TWELVE?! .... in a day?!? i dont think i can drink twelve cups of anything in a day

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#14 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 12:54 PM

2 in the morning... sometimes I grab a lrg DD if I go out that day and occasionally 1 in the afternoon if I'm dragging.

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#15 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Yep, that's where I am most of the time.  I drink tons when breastfeeding, but my desire for coffee is just about gone with this pregnancy. :(

#16 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 01:04 PM

You must get thru a novel or three a week as much as you must have to pee.  rofl!

Quote:

I drink 2 a day.  One in the morning, one in the evening.  They are equivalent to a small coffee at Starbucks (whatever that is called--I don't get coffee out often).  Any more and I get sick.  Can't drink my dh's coffee, either, or it will make me throw up.   He can stand a spoon in his.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#17 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 PM

One cup in the AM and then another at around 3:00.
#18 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 PM

I drink about 1 cup a week, averaged out.  I LOVE coffee.  Love it, love it, love it.  I just knew that I shouldn't be drinking it and pretty much gave it up several years ago.  I have a lovely espresso/cappuccino maker at home and I make myself an authentic cappuccino every once in a while for "tea" (around 4:30pm) and have it with delicious amaretto cookies from Italy.  It's really just a time-out for me... a treat. 

We also drink Turkish coffee.  Dh is from Turkey and it's nice to have this authentic coffee that reminds us so much of being back "home" (for him).  His sister, who still lives in Istanbul, make the absolute BEST Turkish coffee.  In Turkey, they drink tea at breakfast and the coffee is a true "break" that they take around 11:00am.  It is usually taken with a light snack.  (Lunch isn't until 1 - 2 pm.)

So, for me, coffee is an "event".  Sometimes my neighbor drops in around this time and I make it for both of us.  It's rather ritualistic, even if the Italians do think that cappuccino after 10am is sacrilege and Turkish coffee is a mid-morning snack/digestiv.  During the day I drink about a gallon of plain old water each day.  Coffee... that's special.  Dh drinks (and I am honestly not exaggerating this) about 3 POTS (10 cups each) every day.  I don't see how he ever sleeps. 

#19 of 40 Old 04-23-2011, 07:44 AM

I love my coffee. I have two beautifully big cups in the morning, and one late afternoon coffee to keep me going ... in the summer I keep a pitcher of iced in the fridge! 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#20 of 40 Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM

i don't drink coffee. i drink French Vanilla capp when we're out and we stop at Tim Hortons so a few times a month maybe? i do like coke though but not in the morning. yuck!

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#21 of 40 Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 AM

Usually two cups a day.  I pretty much always have one in the morning and sometimes have one in the afternoon (right around when my kids get off school).

Now that I have a Keurig coffee maker it's so tempting to drink it more often b/c it's so easy.  I actually didn't start drinking a cup in the afternoon until I bought it, though I often had a cup of tea then, which I don't now.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#22 of 40 Old 04-26-2011, 09:47 PM

I don't drink coffee but I did tea pretty much all day everyday. I could easily drink 8 cups a day.

It's complicated.
#23 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 AM

2-3 large cups in the a.m. They're filled with ice cream too... I discovered that putting chocolate ice cream in your coffee makes it like a mocha! It's like adding cream and sugar... and chocolate... mmmmmmm...

Then often I will get a cappuccino or mocha in the afternoon while out & about.

Mama to twin boys born at 30 weeks. 5/21/10. 
nursex2.giffamilybed2.gifslingtwin.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifintactlact.gif
#24 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 AM

I don't drink coffee. I do have this powdered cappuccino mix that I usually drink a cup of during the winter. Mostly I drink diet sodas, a 2 liter a day.

#25 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM

I have recently gotten down from 6 cups to 4.  Trying to get back to 3 which is *one* big cup.  6 just seems a bit excessive for me.

I only drink it first thing in the morning.  The rest of the day I drink water or caffeine-free tea.

#26 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 03:29 PM

What size cups are we talking here, ladies!?  lol.gif

I actually got my little food scale out and measured ounces, b/c i'm pg and trying to watch my intake.  So I drink roughly 2 cups with 4 oz of coffee itself a day.  If I want/need more than that by 3-4 pm, I'll make a pot of half caff and have another 4 oz cup.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#27 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Ditto for me on that whole post.  I need my coffee just to get through the day.  I'm trying to cut down on 2 or so cups and substituting with tea but still for the average day it's caffix.gif

Quote:

Co-creator, Joyful Wife, and Grateful Mama to angel3.gifenergy.gifand sleepytime.gif
#28 of 40 Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM

I have been TRYING to cut down but I usually drink an average of 2-6 in a day.... shy.gif  I guess that's better than 12 , lol! but still tooo much.

#29 of 40 Old 05-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Exactly zero. shy.gif But I just have never liked the taste of coffee. Now green tea and iced tea I will drink. I drink probably 3 caffinated drinks a day between the two kinds of tea.

Emily ~ SAHM to E (6), E (4), and M (3). Happily homeschooling and planning a homestead.

#30 of 40 Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Zero. I like coffee a lot, but I'm too sensitive to caffeine so no coffee or tea for me. Just herbal teas.

I'm sure it would help me a lot in the mornings, I have SO much trouble getting the kids and I up and out of the house early.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page