Computer games - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I need some of you Gals (and guys if there are some on here) input of some computer games that I can play to unwind and relax during the kids naptime. I have been cleaning and I find myself finishing that task way before its time for the kids to get up from nap and then Im bored. I do read and scrapbook but because of limited car and my lack of wanting to attempt public transportation with two youngesters I havent replenished my stash for either. SO I need some games that I can download (preferable for free). I really like level games and stuff where you have to build (similar to Sims but I dont like the people part) I also loved the Mario games but now looking for the new stuff. Any input would be great because I really dont know where to start! :)

#2 of 7 Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 PM

Its not free, but Portal is brilliant. Easily the best game I've ever played. There's a demo here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/?snr=1_4_4__13  The sequel looks just as good, but somehow I never have time to play :-/

World of Goo is another brilliantly addictive game, but not free. Braid is very clever and makes you think, but also not free. Sorry.

Happily married, with DS 08.2010
#3 of 7 Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM

DH has gotten me into Minecraft recently.  I'm not sure if it was free, but it does involve a lot of building.

#4 of 7 Old 06-03-2011, 12:31 PM

This game is totally free, but the "building" that takes place in it is in your character, making them stronger. It's themed as a "vamp vs. werewolf" game (for adults) which I could care less about but the game itself is a lot of fun. The game creator is open and in communication with the players, he does a great job. I've been playing for almost a year. 

http://www.forsakenclans.com/index.php?REF=14179

#5 of 7 Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbmomma View Post

DH has gotten me into Minecraft recently.  I'm not sure if it was free, but it does involve a lot of building.

Seconded! Everyone in my family plays this. It's not free, but it's a one-time pay thing that's under $20.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#6 of 7 Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Try out http://www.lordofultima.com/en/  I started playing last week and I'm completely addicted. The best part about it is that it's free!

#7 of 7 Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 PM

my husband bought me a game I used to have but lost a while ago, called Zeus: Master of Olympus. It's basically a city building game, which I have always enjoyed. They make another one called Pharoah. I believe it was 5.99 on a website which essentially buys the rights to games the companies no longer make and sells them for really cheap.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page