MOMS CLUB for SAHMs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone joined this group? My DS is 3 now, and the other day I was searching for activities for him because he is certainly at the age where he wants to socialize. All of my friends work so playdates are limited for us and I really want him to be around other kids his age. I found the MOMS CLUB via google and found one in my area.  Just wondering if any of you ladies are members in your area and if you like it.  I think it would be great for both my son and I.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#2 of 7 Old 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM

I am in Mom's club. I can't remember when I joined. I think I was still pregnant with number 3. There is a 10 year gap between my 2nd and 3rd. I did also belong 10 years ago. I was injured in a car accident about 6 months ago. I have not currently been very active. Now that the weather is warmer and I am healing I will be more involved. Our group allows moms and dads. It is really nice to go to the park and have someone to talk with.

#3 of 7 Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 AM

When I lived in the USA I was a member for almost 4 years. I LOVED it, but I think you get out of it what you put into it. So if you get involved it can be great. If you sit back and passively expect to be entertained...well, it's not as good an experience.

Never doubt that a small group of committed, thoughtful people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
#4 of 7 Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn_ack89 View Post

When I lived in the USA I was a member for almost 4 years. I LOVED it, but I think you get out of it what you put into it. So if you get involved it can be great. If you sit back and passively expect to be entertained...well, it's not as good an experience.

Ditto this!  MOMS Club has brought me some wonderful friendships and I've had a great time.

SAHM to twin kindergarteners

#5 of 7 Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM

yes i joined when my youngers were 4 and 2. and i was preg with #3 but i didnt connect with the moms. so i never went back.

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#6 of 7 Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 PM

Have been in for 5 years and have made some of my best friends.   There will be some ladies you connect with and some you won't but all should be nice and welcoming.  Once I found the few ladies I clicked with, we became inseperable and our kids became best friends. 

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain
#7 of 7 Old 07-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

It probably depends on your area.  I joined something similar and it was a trip back to the 8th grade--cliquey-ness, gossip, the works.  eyesroll.gif  Being a 30-something and all, I'm not one for the girly drama, so I left promptly.  The OP did inspire me to look it up, and there is a MOMS Club in my area.  Maybe I could try again.... 

fairmontmama likes this.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page