Mothering Forum banner

MOMS CLUB for SAHMs

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MsBirdie 
#1 ·
Has anyone joined this group? My DS is 3 now, and the other day I was searching for activities for him because he is certainly at the age where he wants to socialize. All of my friends work so playdates are limited for us and I really want him to be around other kids his age. I found the MOMS CLUB via google and found one in my area. Just wondering if any of you ladies are members in your area and if you like it. I think it would be great for both my son and I.

#2 ·
I am in Mom's club. I can't remember when I joined. I think I was still pregnant with number 3. There is a 10 year gap between my 2nd and 3rd. I did also belong 10 years ago. I was injured in a car accident about 6 months ago. I have not currently been very active. Now that the weather is warmer and I am healing I will be more involved. Our group allows moms and dads. It is really nice to go to the park and have someone to talk with.

#3 ·
When I lived in the USA I was a member for almost 4 years. I LOVED it, but I think you get out of it what you put into it. So if you get involved it can be great. If you sit back and passively expect to be entertained...well, it's not as good an experience.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by syn_ack89 View Post

When I lived in the USA I was a member for almost 4 years. I LOVED it, but I think you get out of it what you put into it. So if you get involved it can be great. If you sit back and passively expect to be entertained...well, it's not as good an experience.
Ditto this! MOMS Club has brought me some wonderful friendships and I've had a great time.

#6 ·
Have been in for 5 years and have made some of my best friends. There will be some ladies you connect with and some you won't but all should be nice and welcoming. Once I found the few ladies I clicked with, we became inseperable and our kids became best friends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.