Let's Have Another Frump-Fighting Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 10-26-2011, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a HUGE issue for me. I wear yoga pants and a few knit skirts around the house - nothing super fancy. I never dress up, do my make up or anything. I feel just like a bump on a log most of the time. I think it has a lot to do with my extra "padding". I just don't feel good about myself so I don't see the point. I pray to be one of those wives that dresses up for their husbands though. One day.

Jessica  married to the love of my life
Momma to: Levi (09/06), Junior (09/05) , Teagann (11/10) and two furbabies Nugget and Boo TTC our next bundle of love

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 63 Old 10-30-2011, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I consider it a triumph if all before DH gets home Im out of pajamas, showered, dressed, and teeth brushed. (bonus pts. if I shave my legs) Trust me, it doesnt happen every day. its just not top piority. Im all formaking sure my kids look nice in cute little matching outfits or whatnot, then I take them out to play in the yard in my bunny pj pants with the paintsplatters from whn I painted my bedroom,some comfy shirt and my disarrayed hair thrown into a messy bun. I remember whn my nails always were painted and I spent ME time alone daily.

What helps for me? throwing on some makeup, even if Im no leaving the house. seeing a pretty reflection in teh miror bosts my energy. And sexy panties and bras. Even if Im in pjs or workout clothes.....a lacy thong or push up bra just kinda boosts my mood. (Like how when u dress schlumpy, you FEEL schlumpy)

#63 of 63 Old 11-13-2011, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

all i can do right now is make sure i get dressed. it stinks because i'm pregnant, and literally only have two pairs of pants (both yoga pants) that will fit me for the rest of this pregnancy, and we have no money to buy any more. if i don't get dressed for the day (even if it means getting out of my grubby pj's and just into my yoga pants and a nicer sweatshirt), i feel awful. i miss looking nice for work more than i thought i would.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page