sah not by choice... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i had twins in september and we cannot afford daycare (more that i made a month) so i had to quit my job to stay home with the boys. we lost all of my income, but still have all of my bills plus medical bills.

i am going insane!  24 hrs a day my life revolves around crying, pooping, and crying. my mom is ill and cannot help like she had wanted and dh's mother is too busy being retired. my dh spends all day working and the evenings cooking, cleaning, and playing with our 3.5 year old dd. we cannot get out together because it takes 2 people to look after the boys--they are high needs. and my dh can't look after them on his own either; apparently i am the only one who can keep all the kids at the same time-but i don't have a choice :/    and magically they won't take a bottle either, of course so if i do get a grandparent to help for a little while, i can't go far or for very long. yesterday i was sick so both of my parents had to come, and in the 3 hours they were here, my mom woke me up 3 different times! so i didn't even get to rest then.

i feel like i am shutting down, it's hard to find the positive when all i hear is screaming all of the time. with our dd, i could strap her in the carrier and go for a walk, but the boys are always needing to nurse, or spit up, or be changed

i am so stressed about money (another subject altogether) and i feel like i have lost myself and am really not enjoying this time with the boys and my daughter which i know will pass too quickly.

i am really close to screaming too; how do i make sense of this new lifestyle ?

thanks

I'm Kelly, Mom to Merryn 7/28/08 and twins Luke & Thad born 9/26/2011
Can It Get Any Better Than This? Well, I guess it just did!joy.gif

#2 of 5 Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 AM

Sorry that you are feeling so stressed! The only thing I can suggest is putting your kids in a stoller and going for a walk everyday. Just doing something to get out of the house for some peace and quiet. Maybe steal 10-15 minutes a night to sit in the bathroom and wash your face or read a book or something. Would hiring someone to come in the house and take care of the kids so you could work part-time be an option? Are there any mommy and me playgroups around? Maybe trading days with another mom once a week can get you some free time?

Working from home Mommy. You can too. Ask me how!joy.gif

me loveeyes.gif & she surf.gifpartners.gif  TTC one of these makebabe.gif Proud Mommy to two of these energy.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-01-2012, 05:43 PM

Wow, you definitely need some time to yourself so you can get through this. It doesn't take that much to recharge! Even just 20 minutes a night where your husband has all 3 and you lock yourself in the bathroom or take a walk outside could do a world of wonders. Then, as he gains more confidence, you could build in a longer time here and there.

Have you tried posting on the multiples board? I know you're not alone!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#4 of 5 Old 01-01-2012, 05:45 PM

I am so sorry you are going thru this it sounds awful.... I hope you can find some help.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#5 of 5 Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 AM

I read a quote tHe other day that said to make the best if where you are even if it isn't where you want to be.  It sucks having the world against what you want to do, but try to find small little things to be thankful for and maybe your feelings will change.  What about mother groups?  Having a friend to talk to might help.  As for your husbands mom, surely she can come over once every other week to play with the oldest and let you have a break!    Does she know how you feel?  Hang in there".babies are so needy in the beginning.

Tags
Stay At Home Parents

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page