SAH Wardrobe Reality and Ideas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I usually wear comfy skirts and t-shirts and accesorize with pretty jewelry.

I just got Gap t-shirts and they are sooooooo nice. Really thick and they keep their shape. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17082&vid=1&pid=751165

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#32 of 42 Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 AM

We're not supposed to wash our pants after each wearing?

I know some folks will wear them 2x before washing... I just feel gross enough after a day in jeans that I figure I need washed and so do they.

Plus, I like the way they fit after they've been washed and have dried - they're a big snugger.

I am not surprised to find that I am the cause of my own jeans destruction.

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#33 of 42 Old 05-16-2012, 12:54 PM

I don't wash jeans every time I wear them -  as long as they look clean, I wear them again.  The bottom of the legs do start looking dirty after a few wears, or on a muddy day, and I wash them then.

#34 of 42 Old 05-16-2012, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Oh yeah dude, don't wash so much. I wash mine after they've stretched out too much or get stained, maybe 3-5 wears. I buy them on the tighter side so that they fit best on the second or third wear. But I will say there is something magical about my J Brand jeans. They hold their shape for longer than my others and fade less. Last year I got some Madewell jeans as a gift ($98), and in 6 months of light wear they have faded so much I never wear them anymore. So yes, I'd say there is probably a big difference between the 75-100 range and the $150-180 range. BUT I've never actually paid that much. I would go to Anthro or Nordstrom and try on a bunch to find your brand and size, then stalk sales online. IME sizing is very consistent within a high end brand, so I know I'm a 26 in J Brands regardless of style. Anthro clothing, generally speaking, goes on sale for 40-50% off, which is how I got $180 Earnest Sewns for $99. So you can probably find a brand like AG, J Brand, ES, Joe's (although Joe's stretch out way, way too much) in your price range.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#35 of 42 Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 AM

I am an expert sales stalker.  I also go thrifting.  People are frequently impressed by my ability to pull labels out of the rack without looking - oh, yeah, I'll brag on that.

I found the most GORGEOUS leopard print dress, Nordstrom (brand escapes my mind off hand), tags still on it, $4, the last time I really went in and got down to business.

So - don't wash the jeans so much.  It's so difficult for me not to wash things.  But I"m glad for the advice! 

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#36 of 42 Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Totally can relate - I go to the second hand stores and can spot an Anthro brand from three racks away! No time these days for thrifting...maybe again when DS is a bit older and less of a tornado of destruction.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#37 of 42 Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiest View Post

Totally can relate - I go to the second hand stores and can spot an Anthro brand from three racks away! No time these days for thrifting...maybe again when DS is a bit older and less of a tornado of destruction.

LOL! Me too! But with toddler in tow, it just becomes a very stressful, speedy, unrelaxing experience. Boo!

I don't wash my jeans too often either. They happen to fit fine for one or two wears, but after that they could use a wash. My Joe's stretch out so big that I don't think I will ever buy that brand again. I have a dh who hates baggy bum nono02.gif

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant, and cannot wait to get back into my regular clothes again!

#38 of 42 Old 05-19-2012, 02:47 PM

In the winter I usually wear jeans and a v-neck sweater or t-shirt and cardigan.   I have a few button up shirts but for some reason I hate wearing them.

In the summer I tend to go for knee length casual (like khaki or denim) skirts. I find in knee length I can do most things, am fairly comfy but it covers the spiders veins on my thighs. innocent.gif I have 2 pairs of shorts if I am doing something where a skirt wouldn't work. I do a mix of tanks/tees and some nicer (than t-shirt) but casual tops.  Like this: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=34611&vid=1&pid=134992

I mostly look for clearance deals when we go to the shopping area that's an hour away.  I would love to thrift more but it seems to take dedication and with little ones in tow that doesn't work well.  That and I don't live in a town with fashion sense.  People have to own good clothes to donate them and they don't do that here.  irked.gif

(That being said I am sitting here at nearly 3 pm in yoga pants and free softball t-shirt.  I don't feel well today and am in a bad mood but I need to change for a family gathering.)

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#39 of 42 Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 PM

I do the hippy look ... hemp pants with a nursing tank top and wrap top, At night I switch the wrap top for a thermal henley. I rarely wear other things during the week. I have a few variations of this kind of thing.

#40 of 42 Old 05-23-2012, 08:22 AM

MY ADVICE!!!

Buy a wicked cool hat-mine are fedoras

Some super big jackie o glasses

A ton of scarves

DONE

Seriously I live in

jeans or tights

plain tees/long sleeve tight low cut shirts w easy access to the boobs for babe,

Short dress/long shirts over tights

maxi dresses...which are my fave

Fall its tights w a dress/shirt. If im going out I throw on my knee high riding boots and a cute scarf. Hat if needed-usually its my gpas old fedora joy.gif

Spring/summer its a maxi dress w flip flops throw on a hat and sunglasses.

Around the house I always have on a cute apron..seriously ALWAYS. With pockets for my cell and baby's soothiethumb.gif

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#41 of 42 Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post

MY ADVICE!!!

Buy a wicked cool hat-mine are fedoras

Some super big jackie o glasses

A ton of scarves

DONE

Seriously I live in

jeans or tights

plain tees/long sleeve tight low cut shirts w easy access to the boobs for babe,

Short dress/long shirts over tights

maxi dresses...which are my fave

Fall its tights w a dress/shirt. If im going out I throw on my knee high riding boots and a cute scarf. Hat if needed-usually its my gpas old fedora joy.gif

Spring/summer its a maxi dress w flip flops throw on a hat and sunglasses.

Around the house I always have on a cute apron..seriously ALWAYS. With pockets for my cell and baby's soothiethumb.gif

Aprons are seriously underrated!  Everyone should have a couple.  thumb.gif

mom2anangel likes this.

. : Jill, mama to 5 kiddos, soon to be 6 in June 2013 : .

#42 of 42 Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 AM

I love Maxi Dresses for summer. They are comfy and easy to BF in, and a necklace and a pair of sandals makes them cute for going out the house. I call it my "chic moomoo". lol.

I have always been a jeans and t-shirt/tanktop girl, so not much has changed there. I like loose sweaters/hoodies in the fall/winter. Being able to easily BF in whatever I'm wearing is a big thing for me.

For me, the biggest thing that helps me not feel frumpy is not what I wear so much as my hair/face. A quick shower and neat ponytail (my son pulls my hair if I leave it down), and some lip gloss and mascara make me feel like a woman again. :)

Aspiring Midwife 3rdtri.gif, Mother to One, Still nursing toddler.gif, and proud lactivist.gif, intactivist.gif, and homebirth.jpg advocate.

Tags
Stay At Home Parents

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page