Where can I find like minded mamas in my area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-11-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok I know that statement sounds a little pathetic, but I am seriously looking for advice on where to meet like minded moms! We just moved and I know almost no one. My 3 yo goes to a playgroup/ moms day out program, but I don't really click with any of the moms there. My youngest is almost two and has no buddies! I miss our support system in our old town, but I don't know how to go about finding natural mamas here. Everything seems to cost money to join (which we can't afford). We live in Silver Spring, md by the way. Any suggestions? Where did you meet your mama friends?

#2 of 4 Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I've met moms at my kids' school... no close friends yet though. And I met one at the local park... if there's one within walking distance to your house that's a good option. You get to know the regulars and build a rapport with them, it takes a while though.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#3 of 4 Old 02-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Fay

Consider going to a meeting of the Holistic Moms Network.  There's one near you.  You'll find like-minded parents there.  You don't have to be a member to visit a meeting, and you can bring your kids.  :)

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#4 of 4 Old 02-12-2012, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses! We go to the park all the time, but I have only seen other kids there twice! So strange to me, but it seems like people around here don't take their kids out in the winter. Maybe I will have better luck as the weather warms up. I will check out the holistic moms network for sure. Thanks again!

Tags
Stay At Home Parents

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page