You Are So Beautiful: Body Image Through a Child's Eyes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don’t look in the mirror often. Not on my average, stay-at-home mom day, where I still wear Juicy Couture track pants like its 2007 and I repeat common phrases to my two-year-old in French 90 times a day…

Not on my average, work-at-home mom day, where PBS’s educational cartoons entertain my child with promises that local libraries are cool while my professional brain spreads intelligent love vibes about my new baby yoga mat around the world from my Mac. The 1,000 people that read my social media blitz yesterday had no idea I had green glue on my face and play dough in my hair from our frog art lesson…

Don’t get me wrong. I love myself and my body. I’m a yogini after all. That’s what we do. But there is a point on your path when vanity takes a backseat…

Then one day, my two-year-old daughter (and new best friend) said something that took my breath away…

Click here to read: You are so Beautiful: Body Image through the Eyes of a Child. 

Love and Light All Ways,

Brooke Kochel

Brooke Kochel
WAHM to Sage Pilar born August 27,2009

The love of my life, 2 1/2 year old SP rocks our world and helps us manifest the life we love everyday...

Tags
Stay At Home Parents

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page