I don't like being a parent - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 08-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Another thing to consider is consulting with an speech therapist; they may have some ideas that would help her communication or at least help you feel like you're not on your own. An OT could help with possible sensory concerns.

#62 of 64 Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 PM

My son was high needs. 

Until he was about... 18 months, i seriously thought i was going to lose my ever lovin mind. I loved him, but he was (and still at times) can be the most frustrating individual i've ever met. Boy didn't lick it up off the floor though, he got it from MAMA. 

He's now 3 1/2. He's a lot more mellowed and verbal, and it gets better I PROMISE mama. 

Hilariously i took him for his first chiro appointment a few weeks ago and she asked me "was he a colicky/fussy baby" and i just laughed at her. hysterically. She said "what's so funny" i said "he never ever ever ever slept." Turns out his upper back and neck were SO subluxated, he probably had baaad headaches. 

He's old enough now to tell me "my head hurts'. And when he tells me that, off to the chiro he goes! SO maybe if you have insurance coverage? give it a try? 

http://magadociousrex.blogspot.com/  
We're a co-sleeping, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering , baby and toddler wearing family!

Roland 04/2010 30 hour labor. Vaginal but not natural birth. 

Zeisel 08/2012 15 hour labor, completely natural hospital water birth. 

goorganic.jpgtranstichel.giffamilybed2.gifbfinfant.gifslingtwin.gifwaterbirth.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifplacenta.gif

#63 of 64 Old 10-11-2013, 07:39 PM

I am late coming into this thread. There were times with my oldest, who was extremely high strung, that I loved her with all my heart, but did not like her every moment of the day. I was raised as an  only child and that was also hard to be owned by my child for all of her waking hours. We got through it. I tried very hard to focus on the good times, the cute or smart things she did. And when she was sleeping, to remember why I was doing it.

I also had some depression. I did not admit as much until my second was born and it went into overdrive. I got a low dose of anti-depressant and it made a *huge* difference to my outlook and my tolerance level. I stayed on it for years. Sometimes I feel I still need to be on it. You might see if this is a possibility for you.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#64 of 64 Old 10-12-2013, 04:16 PM

Being a parent is hard work and there are fun moments for sure, but in my eyes, there's nothing "fun" about being a parent. I think we are fed a lot of bs in life about parenting. We are bombarded with messages and pictures on a constant basis that have power to make people feel inadequate and long for a life that's different from the one they currently have. There are many days I do not like my identity as a mother and wish so badly that I could go back in time and make different decisions that wouldn't have put me in a position to become a mother before I was emotionally ready to become one. Everyone tells me it gets easier as kids get older, and I understand that a little bit better now, but it doesn't change what's happening in life "right now". I'm a younger mom, and sometimes i think this parenting gig would have been easier if i got started at a later age, like the age you are, 34. Clearly that's not the case though. 

zenaviva likes this.

Tags
Toddler , Toddlers , Stay At Home Parents

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page