What's your favorite thing to do as a SAHP? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Most days I am so....bored. It sucks. I get tired of going to a playgroup and talking about being a parent.

So tell me, what is some of your favorite things to do?

I have a toddler and soon a newborn, if that makes any difference.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 PM

i used to read a lot of books and magazines, sew, knit, go for walks, garden, write and try to find ways to stimulate my mind. i also took distance learning courses so i could feel like i had something just for myself.

good luck! it is tricky finding that balance when you have little ones who need you all the time.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

Old 06-25-2012, 05:10 PM

I take my kids to a lot of places where I can practice photography.  Fortunately there are many such places where I live - the beaches, zoo, historical sites, etc.  

Besides that, I try to set up playdates with moms I enjoy talking to.  

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Old 06-26-2012, 10:31 PM

right now days can be mind-numbingly routine, but when I do get out on my own, I truly treasure it. As far as doing things as a SAHP, I love to do arts and crafts with my 3 1/2 year old. he's not that into it but I keep trying. Both my kids love music, so we'll crank up the music, dance or sing and play instruments together. For me time, I get on pinterest, and am about to teach myself how to sew. I love cooking, and baking, and make most of our meals from scratch. Some days I want to pull my hair out, lock myself in the bathroom or run away but that's only a small percentage of the days, lol.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Fay

I've been a SAHM since 2001, and I've never had a boring day.  Crazy days, emotionally devastating days, joyful days, roller coaster days, but never a dull moment.  I do a field trip with my kids almost every day, even if it's just to the library or grocery store.  My kids are so active that they wear me out.  It helps to have a creative outlet, intellectual stimulation and some kind of spiritual connection during the course of the day.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol

User Tag List