Positive thread.......I know all of our kids drive us crazy at some point. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 92 Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

kitteh

made me laugh so hard

#62 of 92 Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought of another funny and heartwarming moment. My oldest daughter was about 14 months old, I was big and pregnant with her little sister. So I was sitting in our computer chair rocking her to sleep because it was the most comfortable spot i could find at that point. My daughter laid her head on my belly and her baby sister started kicking her head, and making it bounce. My daughter sat right up, looked at my belly like, "what the hell is that?" and out of nowhere smacked her sister back.

#63 of 92 Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 AM

Mrsgregory.. I love all your posts! The way you write makes me laugh. In a good way

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#64 of 92 Old 01-31-2013, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3ttyPrincess View Post

I thought of another funny and heartwarming moment. My oldest daughter was about 14 months old, I was big and pregnant with her little sister. So I was sitting in our computer chair rocking her to sleep because it was the most comfortable spot i could find at that point. My daughter laid her head on my belly and her baby sister started kicking her head, and making it bounce. My daughter sat right up, looked at my belly like, "what the hell is that?" and out of nowhere smacked her sister back.

Mine did that! Love. smile.gif

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#65 of 92 Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 PM

Awww, MrsBone, that's really very nice of you to say.  It makes me happy to make you happy! 

MrsBone likes this.

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#66 of 92 Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 AM

So 22 month old DD is going through a word explosion, repeating everything. We are very careful not to swear or use inappropriate words in front of her but it seems like we can't win! She's trying to say "sock" and "clock" and they both come out sounding exactly like "c*ck" lol. The other day I made the mistake of pointing out a skunk in a picture book. Wouldn't you know it, she was running around the house chanting "skunk skunk" for ten minutes.... Except that it sounded exactly like "c*nt". I just about fell over laughing. So glad MIL wasn't visiting at the time lol
#67 of 92 Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

skycheattraffic

that's really funny!

#68 of 92 Old 02-04-2013, 09:53 AM

What a great idea for a thread! I certainly do get fed up some days, but more often than not DS and I have wonderful days and I am so, so glad I get to be home with him and see all the funny stuff he does.

So, today he helped/watched me make some beeswax wood polish for a new set of toys I made for him - he had a blast using a spatula and stirring imaginary ingredients in dishes I wasn't using.  He's been working on putting on one of Daddy's sweaters all morning, and every time he walks past the front door he says "Daddy! Bye-bye Daddy!" He's 15 months, so this talking thing is still pretty new for us. It's so much fun!

#69 of 92 Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

oh i just have to tell. today while i was rocking ds to sleep for his nap ,he lifted his head off of my should and threw his arms around my neck and planted a big wet gooey kiss on my face. it was so wonderful goo and all and i just smiled as it dried on my face...nope did not wipe it off!

#70 of 92 Old 03-10-2013, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

hey what happened to everyone. did you get bust with your toddler? LOL

i enjoy reading you stories!!!!!

#71 of 92 Old 03-10-2013, 05:20 PM

Week long stomach flu (for toddler, daddy and pregnant mama) does not make for heartwarming anecdotes lol.
#72 of 92 Old 03-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Just saw this thread and read through it!  Here's one...

My DS's third birthday was the beginning of March, and he was telling folks that he was two and a half up until the day before he turned three.  When someone would ask him when he turned three, or when his birthday was he'd shrug and say, "In a minute."

And here's one of those where I wish he hadn't have heard us say this word...

My DH took DS grocery shopping and then ran by the liquor store to get a six pack.  I guess there was quite a long line, everyone standing there with their purchases... Suddenly DS blurts out (I think he was just over two at the time) "Papa!  Everyone here has BOOZE!  Look!"  It was the truth, everyone was buying alcohol.  But still it made all of the people in line turn a little red.  DH said he had a hard time not cracking up.

#73 of 92 Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycheattraffic View Post

Week long stomach flu (for toddler, daddy and pregnant mama) does not make for heartwarming anecdotes lol.

awww mama... sorry you all were sick!

#74 of 92 Old 03-10-2013, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

mama505

i liked the stories....."in a minute" lol

#75 of 92 Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM

This made me LOL. She ran into the family room chanting "two hats! Two hats!" She's turning two at the end of the monthAppleMark

#76 of 92 Old 03-30-2013, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

what a cute picture!!! i totally missed your post!! my son turned two on the 22nd.

#77 of 92 Old 03-31-2013, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

what a cute picture!!! i totally missed your post!! my son turned two on the 22nd.
Thanks wink1.gif. The 22nd was her due date but we didnt meet until the 30th when I asked to be induced (FTM, didn't know better). I think she was aiming to be an April fools baby lol wink1.gif
#78 of 92 Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

I haven't posted under this name in forever, I recently started posting under another name for some privacy issues, but I really felt compelled to post about my son on this thread.  I LOVE reading all the cute stories from others!  I'm not a 100% stay at home mom, I sub parttime in the school system.  Normally I love subbing but today I had a really rough class and I wasn't at my kids' local school.  I had never subbed at this school before.  I even needed another teacher to come into the class and help me.  It was my first time having such a rough day during subbing.  So when the kids were at lunch I opted to sit in the nice quiet classroom and breathe rather than mingle in the teacher's lounge.  I was feeling pretty down and I checked my phone and there was a message from a missed call on my home phone this morning.  I had to leave earlier than my kids so I got nervous when I saw the missed call, thinking they had missed the bus or something had happened.  But no...

it was my 11 year old son calling to say that he noticed I had left my mints I had just bought on the kitchen counter and if I could let him know what classroom I was subbing in, he would bring them in for me.  It was SUCH a sweet gesture, and since the class I was in was roughly the same age as my son and I was having such a rotten time with them, my son's message totally made my day!  When I got home I gave him a HUGE hug.  My kids totally make my day.  joy.gif

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#79 of 92 Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix View Post

I haven't posted under this name in forever, I recently started posting under another name for some privacy issues, but I really felt compelled to post about my son on this thread.  I LOVE reading all the cute stories from others!  I'm not a 100% stay at home mom, I sub parttime in the school system.  Normally I love subbing but today I had a really rough class and I wasn't at my kids' local school.  I had never subbed at this school before.  I even needed another teacher to come into the class and help me.  It was my first time having such a rough day during subbing.  So when the kids were at lunch I opted to sit in the nice quiet classroom and breathe rather than mingle in the teacher's lounge.  I was feeling pretty down and I checked my phone and there was a message from a missed call on my home phone this morning.  I had to leave earlier than my kids so I got nervous when I saw the missed call, thinking they had missed the bus or something had happened.  But no...

it was my 11 year old son calling to say that he noticed I had left my mints I had just bought on the kitchen counter and if I could let him know what classroom I was subbing in, he would bring them in for me.  It was SUCH a sweet gesture, and since the class I was in was roughly the same age as my son and I was having such a rotten time with them, my son's message totally made my day!  When I got home I gave him a HUGE hug.  My kids totally make my day.  joy.gif

that is such a cool story. you must have a good relationship with your son. my son is 2 and i hope we continue to be close. good job mama!

#80 of 92 Old 04-03-2013, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Thanks!  We do have a really good relationship and he's also really great with his two younger sisters.  Another sweet story, the other day we were touring the Magic Hat brewery on our way home from vacation.  The tour was a bit boring for little ones and my 8 year old daughter got a bit restless.  Without any prompting, my son leaned against the wall and put his arms around his sister and said "Here, sit on my lap" and he crouched a bit so she would be more comfortable.  It was so sweet and unexpected!  For the record, he has had moments of flopping and whining and going "Geeze, mom, this is sooo boring.  Is it almost over yet?"  I don't want to make him sound too perfect.  heehee.. I love watching him get older, though. 

Married, college student, part time work from home mom to DS (12), DD1 (10) and DD2 (9) and a giant dopey newfoundland, a crazy border collie mix, 3 black cats and two rats.
#81 of 92 Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM

these are great stories and such a terrific idea for a thread! My soon to be 3 year old son had his first temper tantrum ever at Target today and it had really gotten me down and reading such happy stories makes me brighten up! Both of my sons 3 and 1 are down for naps and now I miss them and i want to go wake them up and give them hugs! haha!

Thank you ladies!!

married to my love, Keith (5.22.08)

mother to Declan (4.25.10) and Cullen (12.21.11)

Baby Boy #3 due January 8, 2014

#82 of 92 Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

When I saw my kids sitting together like this, I couldn't resist taking a picture. They did this on their own, which made it extra cute and special :)

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#83 of 92 Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 AM

So sweet, Beckybird! How old are they?
#84 of 92 Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

that is an adorable pic!

#85 of 92 Old 04-09-2013, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Thanks! They are 10 and 3  love.gif

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#86 of 92 Old 09-01-2013, 05:31 PM

My sweet DS is 5yo, he is a problem solver.  He noticed I didn't eat breakfast, so he kept bringing me different food to help mama feel better :throb  I had to tell him no baby, mama's baby belly isn't hungry but need to rest.

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#87 of 92 Old 09-01-2013, 07:08 PM

Ooooo, Thanks for reviving this thread abiyhayil!

A couple weeks ago my neighbor was having a garage sale, and there was lots of neat stuff that my kids wanted. My son, 5, found some child-sized crutches he wanted and used his own money to buy them ($2). My daughter, 3, was riding around on a little trike that was for sale. My son came up to me and asked, "Mommy, can I use my own money to buy that tricycle for Doozer? She would really like it." So he did! luxlove.gif It cost him 5 whole dollars but he thinks it was worth it.

My friend then gave me a trike just like Doozer's for BuggaBoo and the two ride up and down our sidewalk all day. Best $5 ever.
abiyhayil likes this.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#88 of 92 Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Great stories mamas. I will write a better comment Monday!

#89 of 92 Old 09-04-2013, 03:44 AM

These are fantastic! So much to be joyful about!
#90 of 92 Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, the other day I went to the park with my son who is 29 months now. The slide was hot because it was a very sunny day. So, before he slid down he said" mama hot" I then said " I know" then he said" mama blow" I laughed so hard. He is always Asking me to blow on his food even if it is just warm. But the slide?
cynthia mosher and abiyhayil like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page