Positive thread.......I know all of our kids drive us crazy at some point. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 92 Old 01-05-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

There are many vent threads. But I often want to share the cute funny things my toddler(21 months) does that make me laugh and happy to be home with him.

Today we had water play in the kitchen sink and I put some bubbles in one of the containers and he just smiled. It made my heart melt. Then, he scooped up some bubbles and proceeded to rub it all over his head because he was happy I guess and he likes the way they feel. I cracked up. It was so funny.

Please share!

#2 of 92 Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 20 month old will run and get her favorite blanky and two Elmo dolls and ask to nurse every evening at bedtime. I love it as much as she does!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#3 of 92 Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

That's really adorable!

#4 of 92 Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

28 views but only one reply...wow!!! are we the only ones with things to share????? come on!!!!!!

#5 of 92 Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There's so many things my kids do that have me absolutely ROTFLMAO.gif or happytears.gif . Just a few I love are when DS2 copies everything DS1 does or says. It's so stinking cute. Or how sometimes only DS1 can decipher DS2's toddler speak. DS2 says he will never stop drinking my milk because "It's so delicious mom!" and they'll both run around the house singing; today Rihanna and the Eurythmics were their favorites. I love my boys luxlove.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#6 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 AM

Sometimes my 23 months old's antics while nursing make me think twice about her self-weaning (not really, but...), but then she does this:  leans her cheek on my breast, kisses it, and looks up at me an says "thank you, mama" with her beautiful smile.  Makes me glow every time I think about it!

LLQ1011 and AllyFolsom like this.

Loving this Mama's life!  toddler.gifgoorganic.jpgfamilybed1.gifnamaste.gif

#7 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

mamacatsbaby....I love it!!!!!!

chrisnjeri....Im all sentimental right now..I almost cried. I love nursing.

I knew there were other stories out there. I love hearing them!!!!

It's so good being a parent...and lots of work!

chrisnjeri likes this.
#8 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 AM

We're in the weeds here, as Little Miss is getting multiple teeth (Including molars!) and has a nasty cough, and has just been through the trauma that was Christmas (Lots of schedule changes and relatives on Skype and presents which are apparently very stressful.), and so she's generally a pill lately.  Completely abandoned all our good work with bed time, completely abandoned eating unless she really, really feels like it, tiny little temper tantrums everywhere...  we're in the weeds, I tell you.

However...

- she's so sweet when she clings to me to sleep, with her little face nestled into mine, her little hands clenching my pajamas and hair so I can't get away.

- she was just darling in her little hair clippie this morning... before she took it out and lost it.  Hah.

- she's so, so verbal, this morning we had a rudimentary conversation about the fact that the cats were using her toys.  Amazing!

- she's learning new dance moves. 

- when she remembers her manners, her little "Please?" is just heart-melting, even if it is cookies for breakfast she's petitioning for.

- she does this squeal when she's happy.  love.gif

- she says "Wow!" a lot.  I love it!

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#9 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM

BuggaBoo will spontaneously share his food with Doozer, even if it's his favorite treat.  Makes my heart melt.

Doozer has started telling stories.  They're always about old ladies and big wolves.  shrug.gif  The stories usually have the same plots, but she's always careful to say, "A DIFFERENT old lady and a DIFFERENT big wolf, different from the last story..."  Cracks me up!

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#10 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I just put this picture of my kids up in the kitchen a few weeks ago, and my 1 year old LOVES it! At supper time, she points to the bib she's wearing and to whomever was wearing that bib in the picture, and points at the picture and laughs her head off. I can't decide if she knows it was funny that the big kids were wearing bibs, or if she's teasing them because she thinks she's wearing their bib.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#11 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 AM

These are fantastic!  So much to be joyful about!  joy.gif

Loving this Mama's life!  toddler.gifgoorganic.jpgfamilybed1.gifnamaste.gif

#12 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM

Look at those glowing grins on Mummoth's kids!  Makes me smile at my screen!  love.gif

#13 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 AM

What a great thread! I can't stop lol.gif , happytears.gif , or "Awwww!"-ing smile.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#14 of 92 Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

These are great stories!!!

#15 of 92 Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Mummoth--that's a great picture!

I like looking at pictures. So I put little wall hooks in the walls and put string between them and attach lots and lots and lots of pictures with clothespins. Frames take up too much space.

I love that my kids wander around the house identifying friends and relatives and talking about how important these people are to them. My kids are 2.5 and 4.5 so their ways of expressing this melt my heart. "Dat's grandpa! Me love him so much!" "Dat's me! I so messy. hee heee heeeeee" "That was when I was a tiny baby. I was so cute. Isn't it so cute the way I snuggled with my friend in this picture? Gosh I was cute."

I giggle at them a lot. :) Their favorite pictures are the ones where they are messily eating. Those hang above the kitchen table. We talk at almost every meal about the cute messy baby pictures on the wall. :)

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#16 of 92 Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post

Mummoth--that's a great picture!

I like looking at pictures. So I put little wall hooks in the walls and put string between them and attach lots and lots and lots of pictures with clothespins. Frames take up too much space.

I love that my kids wander around the house identifying friends and relatives and talking about how important these people are to them. My kids are 2.5 and 4.5 so their ways of expressing this melt my heart. "Dat's grandpa! Me love him so much!" "Dat's me! I so messy. hee heee heeeeee" "That was when I was a tiny baby. I was so cute. Isn't it so cute the way I snuggled with my friend in this picture? Gosh I was cute."

I giggle at them a lot. smile.gif Their favorite pictures are the ones where they are messily eating. Those hang above the kitchen table. We talk at almost every meal about the cute messy baby pictures on the wall. smile.gif
This is an excellent idea! Thanks!

#17 of 92 Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

yes, that is a great idea!!

#18 of 92 Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM

Now I want a picture clothes line, lol! 

Today is my son's birthday, he's 11. We had an appointment and then went to pick up his cake. He asked if we could go into the dollar store, which we did, and then he picked out a piggy bank for his (8 y.o.) sister and a bungee strap for his dad. He might just be trying to butter me up before we head out to the LEGO store so he can pick what he likes... but I'm going to go with 'he just wanted to be nice' anyway.

#19 of 92 Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Why not go with:  "He is a genius, with startling emotional insight for an 11-year old boy!"?  Because I'm really impressed.  I grew up with boys, and I'm telling you, that's impressive! 

winky.gif

#20 of 92 Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

My little guy fell asleep while saying his abc'ss....awwww

#21 of 92 Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM

Awwwwwwwww.

Little Miss woke up early this morning and wound up in bed with me, sleeping in my arms the way she did when she was grasshopper-sized.  When we woke up again, we rubbed noses for a while, and just snuggled and smooched and hugged.  love.gif

At breakfast, after being reminded only once, she used her "More, please!" phrase each time she needed more to drink.

#22 of 92 Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM

Just now Doozer called me, "Buddy."  Which just tickled my funny bone for some reason (I call the kids "Buddy").

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#23 of 92 Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM

My daughter chloe who is autistic sang happy birthday to my sister on the phone it was the cutest thing ever my sister thought it was cute.

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#24 of 92 Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 AM

My four year old daughter's first tv show was She-Ra. (I wanted her to have the "princess" schema open with the idea that princesses carry swords and kick ass--it's going well!) But in the show the bad guy characters do a lot of saying, "Yes, master."

So whenever I ask her to do stuff she gets into this full on Quasimoto hunchback thing dragging her leg and says in a rough voice, "Yes, Master! Right away, Master!" I generally feel a little embarrassed but it's hilarious. Once or twice other mothers have given me weird looks. I kind of shrug. 

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#25 of 92 Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This is a great thread! I LOVE being able to stay at home and it's nice to see so many positive stories instead of negative ones.

I love how both my girls crawl into bed with me and we can snuggle as long as we want before we get up.

We were all having lunch at the kitchen table and my 5yo was staring at me waiting for me to finish so I could get her a cookie. I informed her it's kind of rude to stare at people while they eat. No sooner do I finish that sentence and I start feeling another set of eyes. I turn around and my 2yo was standing on her chair with her head inches from mine staring at me with a big grin of mischief giggling! I laughed uncontrollably it was so funny. (She is definitely my more defiant / spirited child!)

We are expecting #3 and DD1 is so excited she can barely contain herself. She has been drawing pictures of the baby constantly and trying to make lists of all the things we need to do for the baby. So precious.

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
#26 of 92 Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:

My four year old daughter's first tv show was She-Ra. (I wanted her to have the "princess" schema open with the idea that princesses carry swords and kick ass--it's going well!)

Hands down, this is awesome.

#27 of 92 Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:

My four year old daughter's first tv show was She-Ra. (I wanted her to have the "princess" schema open with the idea that princesses carry swords and kick ass--it's going well!) But in the show the bad guy characters do a lot of saying, "Yes, master."

So whenever I ask her to do stuff she gets into this full on Quasimoto hunchback thing dragging her leg and says in a rough voice, "Yes, Master! Right away, Master!" I generally feel a little embarrassed but it's hilarious. Once or twice other mothers have given me weird looks. I kind of shrug. 

My kids sometimes go "Yes Sir, Mama T!" like I'm some kind of drill sergeant or something. I have no idea where it came from, but as long as they're doing as I asked them it works?!

And we watched Xena a lot for a while for the same reason, lol! 

#28 of 92 Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

My kids sometimes go "Yes Sir, Mama T!" like I'm some kind of drill sergeant or something. I have no idea where it came from, but as long as they're doing as I asked them it works?!

And we watched Xena a lot for a while for the same reason, lol! 

We are an unschooling family but I like to (sarcastically) refer to myself as the benevolent dictator. :) I only get them on a time installment plan and I have to relinquish levels of control on specified dates. :)

#29 of 92 Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 AM

Lovely idea for a thread!

My six year old daughter is obsessed with mythical creatures at the moment. Her usual costume of choice is a mermaid tail made of swimsuit fabric allowing her to play in the water while in costume. Today, however, she is branching out a bit and has designed herself a "pegacorn" outfit. The wings were crafted from lavender colored felt and the horn from green construction paper. She attached both parts to her clothing and head respectively using tape and has been prancing around like a horse all morning, singing spells to make the sun rise and control nature in other ways. She may even dress in this fashion for our hike in what she's dubbed the Enchanted Woods this afternoon. lol.gif

~Daisy~

Unschooling Mother to S, my 6yo "Moon Farmer"energy.gif

#30 of 92 Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

omg....these are all great stories. ... and they are all so unique and funny in different ways. love it!

This morning my little 21 month was eating breakfast and insisted on having a piece of soda bread i made yesterday. i finally gave in thinking"i know he's not going to eat it" and when i gave him a couple of pieces he popped it in his mouth and said"ummm...ummmmm" like it was the most sublime thing. he so damn cute!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page