Oh the STRESS of Motherhood! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-10-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't really want any advice, just need a place to vent so I don't go insane.  I have 3 kids. Pregnant with number 4.  

I homeschool the oldest 2.  Well I like to say I homeschool but we hardly ever get any school work done.  Anyway this morning we had an educational class to attend at 10:00.  That is early for us.  I've been exhausted for days, no years! Last night was one of the nights that my 3yo comes to room at 2am and demands almond milk and to sleep with us.  So I get it bc I'm not in the mood for a fight and crying.  I was up for most of night due to my round ligament pains and him rolling, kicking, and sweating on me.  Everyone whines about getting up at 7:30.  The same way that everyone was whining about getting to bed last night at 9:30.  No one has any sense of urgency to get up, eat, dress and be ready to go.  Breakfast takes an hour and I have to yell to get everyone to SIT and eat. My 3yo son emptied every toy bin and the entire book shelf 3 days ago and stacked everything in a huge pile.  I let him.  He is very good at stacking.  However for 3 days I have been asking him to clean it up and he will not.  So there is a huge mess in our playroom.  The whole house is a disaster that just adds to the constant stress and chaos.  So by the grace of God we get out of the house in time to make this class.  I drive the 25 minutes there and pull into the parking lot....just as my oldest vomits all over herself, her car seat, her 3 pairs of shoes.  I was surprised it was her bc it is typically my middle daughter.  She has a nervous stomach and when ever she is excited she vomits.  Arrive at a play date vomit, go to the park vomit, you get the picture.  It's always fun to rush somewhere and when you get there you have to clean up vomit! At least she has puke cups tucked in the back of her seat.  So I came home to clean vomit for over an hour in the hot weather which made me feel sick. 

I can go on and on with my rambling and everything else that is going on to add to this unbelievable stress, but I need to get back to the unbelievable amount of work I have.

Thanks for reading and feel free to share your stress stories just in time for Mother's Day!  

supermod.gif who isbelly.gifwith #4  has jumpers.gif . Believe in homeschool.gif,bfinfant.gif,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF,h20homebirth.gif,goorganic.jpg,saynovax.gif

#2 of 4 Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Oh my... I could hardly function when I was pregnant with my first kid, let alone have 3 other ones to take care of (and homeschool!)
I have nothing constructive to add other than my respects smile.gif
I used to have days where everything was one big cluster#%$& but after I had a child it became a whole different level of cluster#%$& lol
#3 of 4 Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 PM

Wow, that is a bad day! We all have them. I am pregnant with #3 and homeschool and I am with you in that we rarely get any formal schoolwork done. I trust she still learns alot through all the other stuff we do, even if it is just finding bugs in the garden or measuring with me while I cook. (she is only 6). It's ok, look at unschooling families, most of those kids are fantastically smart and learning constantly, just in a different way.

We have had our share of disaster days where I feel like a total failure and think "wtf am I doing with my life!!!". But many other days remind me it is totally worth it. Even if the house is constantly a wreck, the lawn looks terrible, the library books are way overdue and we missed that appointment AGAIN, and there is laundry stacked to our ears my kids are having a great childhood and I am getting these most important years with them. Some things that help me:

1.) Fresh air and being outside. It just refreshes my spirit.

2.) A supportive husband who is ok with me venting about my struggles after a long day at work and gives me a break once in awhile.

3.) Connecting with other moms, even if it is just online. IRL is even better but not always possible.

4.) My spirituality. (I am Christian), I know this isn't important to everyone but knowing I have a higher purpose and help from above gets me through the rough spots.

5.) Having my own hobbies and interests. Even if that means an occasional sitter or video to do it I need to have my own thing that doesn't involve them.

6.) Reminding myself I am only human and can NOT do it all, nor should I be expected too. I avoid trying to compare myself to others. Our family does what is important to us which is going to be different from others.

I hope your days have been better recently!

pickle18 likes this.

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
#4 of 4 Old 05-23-2013, 10:42 AM

hug2.gif

I don't know what you are going through. I haven't experience it yet but I am sure one day I will have that day. My babies are not school age yet...at least not formal schooling.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page