going to be an at home mom in future - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey I'm going to be a stay at home parent in the future. it's still awhile away yet but once my fiance has to do school n work so i can stay at home. We don't want her in daycare until she can talk very well for herself. she is only 6 n a half months old now but i would love any tips anyone has to give because we are a same-sex couple with a beautiful baby girl
#2 of 5 Old 11-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Welcome to the SAH parents forum! 

My biggest tip for SAH is meal planning! It saves money and it helps so much to know what's going to be for dinner each night ahead of time!

new n young likes this.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#3 of 5 Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, my parther she rosaline's birth mother and has been doing the main caring for her while I am trying to finish my schooling and then switching when we get to move in together so even just being a parent is very new for me because I just see them about every other weekend
#4 of 5 Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 AM

We did a similar thing-- switching off so one parent could do school/work while the other stayed home. It's not always easy but compared to the three months we had to do daycare, it felt a lot less stressful. Now, I'm planning on staying home for awhile, but who knows what curveballs life has in store.

As for tips...

1. I do better with some kind of routine.
2. Get out as much as you can to break up the day/week. A change of scenery can work wonders on the bad days.
3. Take advantage of free activities/spaces.
4. Audiobooks/NPR/adult conversation will help you feel more connected to the adult world.
5. Finding some kind of group/activity that is parent/kid friendly helps.
6. Doing chores early in the day makes evenings less crazy, when the baby is usually fussy, and probably won't let you get much done.
7. Having a good carrier makes it possible to do a lot more in and out of the house.
delightedbutterfly likes this.
#5 of 5 Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Awww thank you for the tips. I'm grateful for every one of them i do not get much time with them. So some of the daily things are even new to me. i did do a lot of babysitting for a 1 and a half year-old but learning that being a parent is way different. i am a parent from a far but i help with all i can from my point.
here is our little rosaline smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page