New member with a question - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 04-24-2015, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New member with a question

Anyone here a used-to-be homeschooler?

Due to some medical issues, my three kiddos will be entering public school in the fall. This momma is having some wild mood swings about all of this.

I'll miss them terribly and won't know what to do with myself while they're gone. I want to make their after-school hours enriching and fun, while sticking to a new routine. I cannot even concentrate on what sort of packed lunches to send them to school with.

Is this what it's like for SAHPs to send their children off to school? I imagine so.

I know, I know. I have months to figure this all out. It's been on my mind all week, though. I just can't shake the loops that my mind is doing. Any tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-25-2015, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
One thing that might help (I use it when my son goes to camp) to avoid similar feelings.
I write a couple knock knock jokes or silly riddles on postits in his lunch. It helps us feel connected throughout the day. I have also been known to supportive notes to help on days I know might be hard. I'm sure he'll outgrow it but it helps us now.
When he comes home I ask if he liked it and we talk about the ridiculousness.
It's a far better first question than "how's your day?" In talking it comes up peripherally and it means our convos aren't negative.
Thanks to google, I pick one relevant to things going on in his day.

I send you a hug and hope that your October is emotional uneventful, if you know what I mean. ^_^

hola.gif My life in emoticon...oh, I've said too much blahblah.gif

lactivist.gifselectivevax.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.giftrekkie.giftreehugger.gifwash.gif

#3 of 3 Old 05-01-2015, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
While they'll be in school you'll have lots of time to think what you can do together when they come back. More than this, you will probably be more fresh and not tired when they return so you can do plenty of new interesting stuff to mark the transition.
The sticky notes idea is really cool, also you can find an activity just for you to do together every week like go for an icecream after school or to see a movie on friday evening etc.

Good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page