Does anyone else have a DH that is adamant that you SAH? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 07-04-2005, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dh insists that I stay home and since he is the head of our household I submitt. (I am very happy and blessed to be home and would choose it myself anyway)

Punk, hippy, mama to 4 amazing kiddos, Boy#1 (18), TheGirl (13), Boy#2 (11- PBD) and Boy#3 (6)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 07-09-2005, 04:37 AM

i dont think my dh has really ever been OK with me being a sahm, he always says things to me and we argue about it a lot but ive done it for a year now (well since i was 4 months pregnant so only 8 1/2 months) and now i have just got a job again. i would LOVE to stay home with our dd but its not worth all the arguing and etc. over so i gave in and got a job. but i will still be able to go and nurse her on my breaks and she will be going to my cousins for daycare so i am not worried about that, as her parenting styles are the exact same as mine and i will not have to get her vax'd & etc.. it just breaks my heart that i won't get to spend as much time with her and watch her grow every minute of her life and someone else will get the opportunity to and will see her mile stones maybe before i even do. also we will both be having extreme seperation anxiety......
#33 of 34 Old 07-09-2005, 06:42 PM

J is not adament about anything, nor am I - we're always checking in with each other to make sure we're happy with the situation we're in. I think we both feel pretty strongly that the girls are with either one of us most of the time, but I imagine how that looks will change over time. At first, I was at university part time and J. had flexible hours at work. Now that I've graduated I'm at home full time and loving it. Eventually J. would like to spend more time with the girls, so we're trying to figure out ways to live on less so that he can work less, and eventually for me to work 2-3 days and him to do the same. But I still want a couple more kids, so we'll see how it all progresses. An ongoing discussion and evolution!
I, for one, would get my back up with him "insisting". Though I know he prefers the way things are right now (every time we talk about it, he says things like "unless you personally want to go back to work I don't see why we want to change things" )- I know that he would be supportive, but I also know that he really enjoys how nice it is to have me here, y'know!

Living life as fully as we can, with our three fellow adventure-seekers ~ K (2000), T (2003) and R (2007).  
#34 of 34 Old 07-09-2005, 06:57 PM

Dh prefers me to be one but if something came up it wouldn't be an issue if I had to work. He works from home as well so ours is more of a time we get to spend together type thing. :LOL Everytime I mention maybe working he says two things. 1. I can work for him again (that's how we met) and 2. DD would have to go on bottles (mini guilt trip there :LOL ). We enjoy it though. I don't work well for other people (hence the reason I ended up quitting when I did work for him) and he seriously wouldn't eat if I worked. He gets a little too wrapped up in work when I leave for any amount of time and "forgets" to eat.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page