Young SAHMs - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 10-13-2005, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a young SAHM too. Had my 1st 1 month after my 18th b-day [I'll be 21 in Dec.],and #2 this past April. There are only 2 other moms with young children around me [we live WAY out in the boonies]. One's a mid-30's mom,who thinks I'm nuts for bf'ing,co-sleeping,etc. And the other is a 15 yr. old with a new baby,and she's still a party-hardy high school delinquent [in spite of being a mom!]. So I have nothing in common with either of them. I had a close friend in high school who got raped at a party and got preg.,she dropped out after birth and got a job,and I haven't seen her since.My oldest is only 2 yrs. younger than her kid [s?],so I'd love to reconnect with her. I think we'd have very close parenting styles,since we were discussing bf'ing,etc. while she was still preg. I've lived in this area my whole life,and have yet to meet another young natural mama like me. I have no problems with older mama friends,just don't know any who have common parenting styles. Being a stay a SAHM is hard as it is,but being a young mom narrows the group even further. And when other moms learn your "quirky" style,that makes it even worse! And we live 45 minutes from the nearest city,so it's extra lonely out here. I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one who fits into this very tiny catagory of moms!
#62 of 63 Old 10-19-2005, 04:38 AM

I'm so glad I found this thread!! I'm 21 years old, got married when I was 19 and had my son at 20. I love it but there are definately some hard parts. All my best friends from highschool are at that stage in life where they're going out, clubbing, dating, shopping etc... I love them but sometimes it's hard to relate. They always tell me they wish they had what I have but sometimes I wish I could sleep in like they do.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#63 of 63 Old 10-19-2005, 04:50 AM

Don't know if I quite fit the bill here but I got married at 21 and was pregnant 6 months later. I'm 24 now (still feel like I'll endlessly look and feel like I'm 20) and have #2 due any day.
I live in a quasi ritzy area where all the moms are older too. And even though there are some AP oriented families in the area, we don't fit in with them because of our age/station in life. It's frustrating but I think I'm starting to let go and just let it be. I keep posting on the finding your tribe forum to try and find other moms in the area we can go on playdates with... I agree that it's hard to raise your family in the non-mainstream way we've chosen, but it's even harder so without any likeminded friends to support you. That's why I love MDC!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page