Bad mommy, Sad mommy... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2005, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UGH, I have been such a slacker lately. I feel like I am being a very bad mommy. I am in a rotten mood very snappy at the kids, I have been on the computer alot and not WITH them. We stopped going outside now for about 2 weeks, I don't know why....
I think I am in a funk. I am up late, tired, worn out, bored, my house is getting cluttered (something that makes me batty). Maybe I am depressed. I think I am ready for summer to be over. I am sick of the heat.
I'm sorry, I just needed to vent.
H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2005, 07:56 PM

Its hot here too, and I hate it. Its hard to be a good Mommy everyday. I read on here once where someone said that she didn't see it as her job to entertain the kids- just to be there so they had a loving parent home with them. On my rough days I think about how at least my child has a loving parent at home with her and doesn't have to deal with the stresses of daycare (it would freak her out, due to her personality).

I found for me it pulled me out of my funk to look into homeschooling. The forum here is full of ideas of things to do with the kids. I went to some free websites and got some coloring pictures for dd, and other manageable activities. I didn't see how old your kids were- my dd is 3. I decided that if I could just be a good focused mom for a half hour at a time- that was good. I also try to make myself take vitamins.

I hope you're feeling better today!
peace,
Laura

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 PM

I am with you mama-it can get so FUNKY round here!

And on that note I am going to go snuggle with my 10 month old.........
Old 09-10-2005, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

I do homeschool. :LOL I am doing better. My kids are 11 y, 7 1/2 y, soon to be 4 and a 13 month old. I was just in a funk (could it have been cuz my birthday was the 6th? LOL) Anyway, we have just been stuck at home for so long (3rd week now) with weather (too hot or pouring rain) and illness (the kids have been so nice as to take turns. :LOL ). BUT everyone is on the up swing and dh is taking monday and tuesday off, so we are going out! We are all going to the zoo on Sunday and then up to the mountain on Monday, then Tuesday is back to hs park! YEAH!

H

PS I did clean my house, which really helps my mood. Nothing says love like a clean toilet. :LOL :LOL :LOL

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 09-10-2005, 10:10 PM

It was a horribly hot summer here-so hot that next summer we're going to a different state just to get out of the heat. Things are alot better here since it cooled off-we actually walked to the park today and I didn't feel like I was sweltering...It can get pretty depressing when it's summer and your stuck inside all day.

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

User Tag List