Housecleaners? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2005, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We started having a cleaner once a week when I was pregnant with ds#3. He's 5 months old and I think we could soon cut back to every other week.

I hugely hugely recommend the idea! My mom gave us this gift for the first few months - now dh and I joke that we'd rather skimp on groceries than give up our clean house.

I find that I am motivated to do a thorough-but-fast tidy-up before she comes, so she doesn't waste her time putting stuff away. (I can do that more efficiently than she can - but she can do the cleaning much more efficiently than I can. She is a dynamo!)

nak

It is so wonderful for my mood to have a genuinely clean house once a week!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2005, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday
Hmmm....here's the thing...if your problem is mainly clutter/dishes/laundry, that is not the kind of tasks housecleaners typically do.
I agree. When I was a kid, my mom had a lady come every wednesday to clean (my mom worked) - she would do the laundry, wash the floors, vaccuum, scrub the toilet, that sort of cleaning. We spent EVERY Tuesday night cleaning because Roz was coming the next day! After a while, as kids we would just shut our doors and our rooms wouldn't get cleaned becuase we couldn't keep them picked up enough!

I have been packing up my house to move and also trying to keep it spotless to sell. One thing I recommend to help is to really cut down on the amount of stuff you have. Really ask yourself if its necessary - often clutter is created because your cabinets are full of the things you don't use and so the stuff you do use has no place to go, but if you look around it doesn't look like stuff you don't need because the stuff that is out is the stuff you use! I have found putting away a lot of my DD toys and rotating them helps a lot and at 2.5 she can understand 'you need to put a toy away to take one out', etc.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)

User Tag List