Just Frustrated?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-12-2005, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to know if there is anyone else who is just frustrated like me? I spend all day taking care of baby girl(5 mos), I have to cook at least 3x/wk, trying to adjust to living at home with one income, and juggling household chores so that I don't feel overwhelmed...honestly, I'm truly greatful for all that God has done and is doing in my life, right now I'm just frustrated...and I don't want to be. Any suggestions/words of wisdom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-13-2005, 05:25 PM

Hi Natalie-

Been there, done that.

Its really hard when your at home with the first one, the first year.

Its hard adjusting to the one income, not getting anything done, as well as the new company you keep every day- dc!

Are you nursing? Find a support group thru the local hospitals or better yet LLL. Check for local Mommy n Me classes to meet other Moms so then you can get together outside of class.

This is what I did and it was a lifesaver that first year.

But also, you and dh are just getting adjusted to your new roles as parents and that is also hard. We went thru this too. Feel free to pm to talk further if need be.

All the best...

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#3 of 5 Old 09-13-2005, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Maybe write out a schedule of what chores get done on what days? plan out a meal menu and stick to it? Cook food in larger batches and freeze the extra so you can just defrost later? Where the baby as much as possible while doing your housework, the motion will sooth her and you get work done at the same time.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#4 of 5 Old 09-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I found it very isolating to be home with my first child. Have you gotten involved in any mom's groups? LLL was a lifesaver for me -- not because I needed BF help but just because I needed to be around other moms with similar values.

When I was first at home, I didn't know how to run our household at all. I got a lot of good tips from Flylady.net. You might check it out and see if it would be helpful for you.

One thing I read when my kids were babies that is so true is that in motherhood, the days are long and the years are short.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-13-2005, 05:57 PM

right there with yah. i don't have any great words of wisdom. just a hug.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page