I need a hug... or something... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alright, I really need to vent...right now dh, dd and i are living with a 'friend' of ours (a 50 yer old guy that has never had a family, no kids no wife, nothing, dh knows him because he was sort of a friend of dh's father), actually we're renting from him. 400 a month and half of the electric, which for the last 3 months has been a bout 175 (half of about 350), anyway we've never missed a month or been late or anything. well, starting about 2 months ago we started noticing some water leakage, mostly on the ceiling in our bathroom and also around some windows, we told him about this and he chose to ignor it, which really peeved me, but hey it wasnt SOOO bad...*yet* well when the hurricane hit the end of last month we were gone for a few days because we live in a trailer, so we come home and the ceiling in our room had cracked open beause of all the water that was up there and our bathroom was totally soaked, our 'friend' was at work already so i called him to let him know about the, in my opinion, big deal at home, he responded by saying that he would wait to fix it until 'the rainy season is over' (which here in florida can be months) i was so upset that he was dismissing this AGAIN, that i hung up on him, (if it helps any the water was leaking right above our toilet so if you had to go you got rained on) anyway, for two weeks he did nothing, and for two weeks i got more and more mad, but didnt say anything to him because he kept ignoring us, well finally he got around to having someone come look at it, and that very day...told us we have to 'find a new place to live'...now dh is the only one working, part time, making JUST enough for us to get by, we're already on all the assistance we can get and now this...im going crazy, its like here we are trying to do whats best for our family and now this, i dont want to put dd in daycare, she's only 3 1/2 mo, still totally bf and cloth diapered and we have no family that is close, dh has a GREAT job finally, but its so expensive to live here that we cant afford anything in the area, he could get a transfer but they cant promise him the same number if hours...we're both at wits end, i dont know what to do and we have to be out by the end of the month, we have nothing saved because we just spent 6 months saving to get our car running again... i need advice mamas, or at least to hear positive things, right now i'm feeling like we have no options... thanks, sorry its long.
Cat, Mama to Luna Aislin
#2 of 5 Old 09-17-2005, 01:12 PM

If it were me, I'd rethink everything. If you can't afford to live where you are, then its not a very good place to live- hu? I'd see if your dh can get transfered to somewhere near family- that way you could stay with family while figuring out what to do. I used to work very part time while my dd stayed with my mom after she got off work (she got home before dh)- and it seemed to work fine for her and dd and I didn't feel like it was "daycare". And it helped us make ends meet.

I hope you find a good solution!
Peace,
Laura

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#3 of 5 Old 09-17-2005, 03:34 PM

Have you talked calmly to your friend to see why the sudden about face?

I also agree w/OTMomma- if you can't afford to live there, is it really a great place to live?

If you have to work, that doesn't mean your dd will have to go to daycare, just schedule a job around your dh's schedule or see if your dh can get a 2nd job on his off times. It's not fun, but you do what you have to.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#4 of 5 Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 PM

i had to live with my mil for two years till hubby had a good job that could support us.it may help if your family could help you in this time of need. also though i would like to share how you can get a home for a cheap price. contact the usda rural development ib your local region. they give low interest loans to low income residents. i pay $500 for my morgage. i hope this tidbit helps you if not now then some day. you can become a home owner and never worried about losing your place because of a bad friend.
#5 of 5 Old 09-20-2005, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We were doing really poorly financially until dh got a better job for the company he works for now. I personally wouldn't put my kids in daycare no matter how broke we are, I just couldn't do it. So I waited on him to get himself a better paycheck. Have you talked to your dh about what you want from him? Is there a reason he's only working part-time?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page