Winter's coming, I'm lonely! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 09-19-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to say I love this discussion forum. I'm learning so much and getting so much encouragement. So thanks to everyone here. I also have a question. My husband works an hour away and works overtime every week. Sometimes he stays over in the town he works in just to save on gas (we have family there). It's hard because I don't know many other mothers or people my age in this town. I'm doing ok now (except for the occasional lonely days) but I'm worried with the winter approaching that I'm going to get depressed. We are working on selling our house so that we can move to the city where my husband works but until then does anyone have any coping strategies? My kids are 2 and 3 months.....yeah, life's crazy.

Thanks!!!!!

Beatriceof417
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-21-2005, 02:07 PM

First of all, to MDC!

I know how you feel. My husband works long hours, too, and it can be difficult to meet other mamas. Have you tried going to a LLL meeting? Also, you could ask around in the "Finding My Tribe" forum and find out if there's an AP playgroup in your area. Sometimes, the library has activities for kids, too, and that's a great place to meet other mamas.

Good luck!

SAHM to my sweet and lovely DD (7), my curious and fun DS1 (4), and my adventurous and cuddly DS2 (1)!

#3 of 8 Old 09-21-2005, 10:31 PM

Hi, Beatriceof417! I second the welcome.
I'm new at MDC and even newer here in the SAHM group, but like you, I'm finding lots of encouragement and support. Every winter, I go a little crazy, and I'm also worried about this first winter being home with my babe in the house and not knowing anyone around here. Also, like the pp said, a mom's group might help -- I hear there's one near me...and this one is pretty cool, too. Welcome!

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#4 of 8 Old 09-21-2005, 10:39 PM

I read books or call a friend you could post a thread looking for moms in your area to get together with for mom night outs or play groups?
#5 of 8 Old 09-23-2005, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advice. I didn't have any luck with the "My Tribes Forum" but I think I might try posting a thread there. I'm also going to try and get to some library events. I guess I could always go visit family while my hubbie is working too if I needed to-although hauling everyone (and all the baby stuff) up there is alot of work. We had a house showing last week but the real estate people made a oops and it wasn't our house but one further down our block. Of course, I found this out after running myself ragged trying to get everything clean. Arrrgggg! frustating. Thanks again for the help!
#6 of 8 Old 10-04-2005, 01:34 AM

Oh I am new to MDC too! I am a SAHM for now...at least until April for you....I know how hard it is with no grown ups to talk to. I keep my sanity with lots and lots of exersise....when you feel blue...sling that baby and take your kiddos for a nature walk or something of the like. Who knows...it sure helps me

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#7 of 8 Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 AM

Hello mama for you. I think there is nothing more I can add. Just keep your busy around the house and with the kids. Enjoy your moments with them.
#8 of 8 Old 10-04-2005, 11:01 PM

We just joined the YMCA. I didn't know they offered financial aid until this year so we applied and qualified (that's good news and bad news I suppose) I am so happy too b/c it stinks being cooped up in the winter with sooo much toddler energy around you. I don't like to go out in the cold so much either so playing outside reallyu gets to me. So maybe check inot your local Y.

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page