Sometimes I forget how lucky I am - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-14-2005, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

I was talking with a friend recently. She's a WOHM with a daughter the same age as my ds2. She was telling me about her wonderful summer vacation. She took two weeks off, and had a fabulous time with her daughter: going to the library, riding on the bus, swimming at the pool, picnicking at the park ... and she can't wait until next year so they can do it again.

That's what we do all the time!!!!!!!

I am a lucky woman!!!
#2 of 7 Old 10-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Well said. It is so easy to get caught up in the repetition and sometimes boredom of being a SAHM to remember how incredibly lucky I am. If dd feels like a picnic, we take our lunch outside. If we feel like going to the park, not a lot of planning is involved, we just head out the door. I am lucky to be able to stay home with them, and sometimes I need to remember that.
#3 of 7 Old 10-16-2005, 12:12 AM

:
#4 of 7 Old 10-16-2005, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napless
I was talking with a friend recently. She's a WOHM with a daughter the same age as my ds2. She was telling me about her wonderful summer vacation. She took two weeks off, and had a fabulous time with her daughter: going to the library, riding on the bus, swimming at the pool, picnicking at the park ... and she can't wait until next year so they can do it again.

That's what we do all the time!!!!!!!
Maybe this friend does things with her daughter that you don't do with yours. Maybe she considers herself to be just as lucky as you do. Maybe she's doing what's best for her dd just like you're doing for yours. Just a thought; feel free to disregard.

wild.gif  kickin' it old school
#5 of 7 Old 10-16-2005, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin2004
Maybe she's doing what's best for her dd just like you're doing for yours.
Of course she is!!! I should make it clear that I'm not putting down her situation - just appreciating my own.
#6 of 7 Old 10-18-2005, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napless
Of course she is!!! I should make it clear that I'm not putting down her situation - just appreciating my own.

I can definitely appreciatet the sentiment here. At first I thought, oh let's not open this can of worms :LOL but I realize what you are saying here.

Sometimes it is easy to let life become mundane. It sounds like hearing about your friend's experience energized you and gave you fresh perspective. I actually have a chance to WOH full-time for a week next month to cover for a friend who will be on vacation, and I am really looking forward to taking my "vacation" in the WOH world--talking and catching up with my old co-workers, ordering out lunches, not to mention the $$$

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#7 of 7 Old 10-19-2005, 04:33 AM

It is good to remember, not only how lucky I am but to savor the time with my kids the way I would if I didn't get to spend every day with them. I worked for a while and I remember how much fun it was to play hookey for a day and pick DD up early from daycare and just be with her. Unfortunately being a caretaker 24/7 its so easy to get out of that mindset and to feel more like my kids are work and shuffle through the day rather than skip, looking forward to my time away from them. I'm definitely one of those moms who doesn't do enough of the cool stuff I thought I would do every day when I envisioned myself at home with them.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page