Can't stop feeling guilty.. - Mothering Forums
Stay at Home Parents > Can't stop feeling guilty..
cynotgirl's Avatar cynotgirl 02:28 AM 01-04-2006
I'm driving dh crazy, because I can't stop feeling guilty for not having any income. dd is our first baby, and 2 months old. I love being a mom, and I love not having to work! We had a clothing company but our partners over-took it (not friendly) and so now I have no work at all.... we plan on starting another company but that takes money, and that just brings me to my guilt again. dh is a teacher, going to school at night, works his can off. We live in a tiny one bedroom apartment, have no savings, are in horrible debt....

I want to get a pt job in the evenings/weekends, but dh doesn't want me to, he supports me staying home with dd.

what do you mammas think... should I get that pt job??? Or should we continue to scrape by!? I can't imagine living in this box once dd is older than 10 mo or so...

:

KatWrangler's Avatar KatWrangler 03:04 PM 01-04-2006
I hear ya! Is there a way you can start a business or work from home in the meantime? Do you like sales? There are alot of legit sales jobs for SAHM (like Discovery Toys, Pampered Chef, that scrap book company etc).

I have been a SAHM since mid October. After this baby is born I am thinking of doing something from home. I would love to do Accounts Payable or billings (where I wouldn't be on the phone and could work when the kids are alseep and or DH is home). I am not sales oriented.
KatWrangler's Avatar KatWrangler 03:06 PM 01-04-2006
PS - I am also in Southern Cal! Rancho Santa Margarita.
Lucky Charm's Avatar Lucky Charm 03:28 PM 01-04-2006
Follow your heart.

Unless you are starving. Personally, I would limp along a bit (and I did for the first 8 months of my daughters life), and then I did something parttime.

And drop the guilt. Useless in my opinion.

One should never feel guilt for falling in love with their baby and wanting to be with him or her every second!
mamachandi's Avatar mamachandi 03:38 PM 01-04-2006
I would try and stay home until your dh is done w/school and has more time to stay w/your dc. I stayed home, we scraped by for a long time (MY DH HAS A BETTER JOB NOW,phew!! I am still a sahm). but your dc will only be this small for such a short time, it is worth the sacrifive truellY!! They grow sooo fast! If you work, the housewrok doesn't get done,dinners are pulled together hastily,laundry doesn't get done,stress from rushing here and there, it isn't worth it imo. If you still feel guilty do nice things for dh like make healthy hot meals,keep the house tidy.dh's are weird like that most of them like that. If I wanna put my dh in a good mood its all i have to do good luck mama in whatever you choose.
mamachandi's Avatar mamachandi 03:39 PM 01-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby3
Follow your heart.

Unless you are starving. Personally, I would limp along a bit (and I did for the first 8 months of my daughters life), and then I did something parttime.

And drop the guilt. Useless in my opinion.

One should never feel guilt for falling in love with their baby and wanting to be with him or her every second!

momto l&a's Avatar momto l&a 04:21 PM 01-04-2006
Just think of that money you are saving by caring for your dc yourself.

Stay home for awhile and enjoy your child as they grow and change so fast when they are babies.
cynotgirl's Avatar cynotgirl 08:30 PM 01-04-2006
thank you everybody, I feel better now!
Up